« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > Off Topic > Dyson electric cars
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
Lightwater

Ukraine 2013 Freelander 2 2.0T SE Auto Fuji White
Dyson electric cars

I hope Dyson can get a bit more efficiency in their electric cars than vacuums. When buying a new vacuum we bought a commercial vacuum which uses 350 watts & less expensive, far less than the bagless designs we looked at, they are a joke at well over 1kW power consumption.

https://www.theguardian.com/technology/201...-car-tests

Further more I have an onboard vacuum running off my compressors. Let's see if Dyson incorporates a vacuum in their cars to clean up the rubbish. Procrastination, mankind's greatest labour saving device!

Acoustic insulation ARB TPMS 3xARB air compressors After cooler Air tank On-board OCD pressure air/water cleaning Additional 50L fuel Carpet in doors ABE 2x1kg Waeco 28L modified fridge Battery 4x26ah Solar 120w Victron MPPT 100/20 DC-DC 18amps 175amp jumper plug Awning 6x255/60R18

Post #355866 30th Aug 2018 1:13 am
chicken george

United Kingdom 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Manual Santorini Black

careful now , your offending a Great Briton At work
At home

"I can't always believe facts I read on the web" - Charles Dickens

winner by default of the tractor vs caravan race

Post #355871 30th Aug 2018 6:23 am
iain cooper

Scotland 2009 Freelander 2 TD4_e HSE Manual Lago Grey

Dyson vacuum cleaners are overpriced and poor quality, opinion gained from experience.

Dyson were market leaders 20 years ago, but now not even worth considering.

Shark are the best on the market for quality, value and performance.

Iain

Post #355880 30th Aug 2018 8:13 am
Lightwater

Ukraine 2013 Freelander 2 2.0T SE Auto Fuji White

chicken george wrote:
careful now , your offending a Great Briton

I have citizenship for both ends of the world! Procrastination, mankind's greatest labour saving device!

Acoustic insulation ARB TPMS 3xARB air compressors After cooler Air tank On-board OCD pressure air/water cleaning Additional 50L fuel Carpet in doors ABE 2x1kg Waeco 28L modified fridge Battery 4x26ah Solar 120w Victron MPPT 100/20 DC-DC 18amps 175amp jumper plug Awning 6x255/60R18

Post #355885 30th Aug 2018 8:33 am
dorsetfreelander

United Kingdom 2014 Freelander 2 SD4 XS Auto Loire Blue

I can't understand why people rave about Dyson vacuum cleaners, I have a few relatives with them and by comparison with our old "Henry" or our Miele "cat and dog" the Dysons seem to be over engineered and lacking in "suck".

As for his electric cars he is about to learn the hard way (just like Elon Musk and his Teslas) that the real triumph of the motor industry over the past decades has been in efficient Just In Time assembly and logistics, designing the thing is only part of the problem. The FT had a report about how a Tesla model 3 had been stripped down and found poorly fitting panels, misaligned welds, bolts missing etc. They also commented that little thought had been given to servicing needs and access to some components was very difficult. 3 x FL1 2 manual + 1 auto
5 x FL2 4 manual + 1 auto
Now Discovery Sport P250 MHEV SE

Post #355893 30th Aug 2018 10:38 am
jules

United Kingdom 2014 Freelander 2 SD4 SE Auto Firenze Red

We like our Dysons (DC08 and DC39) because they continue to work. Our original DC03 (bought in 1999) only went to the tip this year after years of being demoted to the workshop after moving home.

Maybe more recent models are not as good - Ive had no need to look for replacements. Jules

Post #355931 30th Aug 2018 6:05 pm
Bobupndown

United Kingdom 2014 Freelander 2 SD4 GS Auto Orkney Grey

Only ever had Dyson handhelds, first one lasted 6-7 years, replaced with a new V6 animal last year. I find them brilliant, so versatile and ideal for cleaning the cars. Weve actually got rid of our traditional upright vacuum and just use the Dyson. Landrover - turning owners into mechanics since 1948

2014 Orkney grey Freelander SD4 GS.
2004 Zambezi silver Discovery 2 Td5 (Gone)
1963 Surf blue Morris Mini Minor Super de Luxe (my little toy)

Post #355934 30th Aug 2018 6:15 pm
Tigger

United Kingdom 

I’ve run Dysons since the very start and continue to buy the because the are innovate and they work. We are running two Dyson DC15’s now. They must be 7 or 8 years old and have never given any cause for concern - despite HUGE abuse! My parents bought a Dyson rip off from a well know brand from Korea and it’s absolutely hopeless. The cyclone is little more than cosmetic and it relies entirely on one deeply hidden filter that blocks quickly, it’s near impossible to clean and replacements just aren’t available. If I’d seen it when they first bought it, I’d have asked for their £150 back!

I may not have the same respect for the man behind it that I used to have in the early days, but some of his products are nearly worth the high prices charged, while he could teach the rest of British industry a great deal about how vital serious R&D and the importance of proper strategic long term planning is Thumbs Up

It look at a car built by Dyson, but not if it’s built from grey and silver plastic 😝

Post #355941 30th Aug 2018 6:58 pm
dorsetfreelander

United Kingdom 2014 Freelander 2 SD4 XS Auto Loire Blue

Some years ago I was at Speech Day at the boarding school my kids attended. They had a guest speaker who said the usual stuff "congratulations to all of you who have done well in your subjects etc and that he himself had done well at school and gone on have a good job and career etc". He then went on to say "for those of you who didn't do so well at school and feel a bit of failure, you can still be successful. I always think of a boy in my class that did eventually do OK, you may have heard of him a lad called Dyson" 3 x FL1 2 manual + 1 auto
5 x FL2 4 manual + 1 auto
Now Discovery Sport P250 MHEV SE

Post #355959 31st Aug 2018 8:36 am
j77

Scotland 

Use a Dyson here, the cordless V6 I think it is. Replaced the Dyson upright, only because I’m too lazy to plug it in, otherwise it works perfectly for its age. 21MY Defender 90 S 3.0 D200

Post #355963 31st Aug 2018 8:57 am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1