Forum-Gallery-Shop-Sponsors

« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > General > 3 Main Dealer Parts Departments = 3 Bad Experiences !
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
Pedro

England 2010 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Galway Green
3 Main Dealer Parts Departments = 3 Bad Experiences !

So on Tuesday this week I took a day off to service my FL2 and this is my experience from 3 different Main Dealer Parts Departments prior to the service, on the day of the service and later that same day due to an unexpected event with the wife's FL1:

1. Prior to my FL2 service (Interim) I searched out for a genuine interim service kit online and noted that the site sponsors website incorrectly showed an air filter instead of a pollen filter so decided to order from another main dealer on ebay instead.

2. After a week the kit had still not arrived, I contacted the dealer and was told that it would be sorted out tomorrow. Without further contact, I received an Ebay notification that I had been refunded ! So still no service kit !

3. On the day of the service I popped into my local main dealer (A new JLR place 4 weeks old) and asked someone where the parts department was to be told 'I work in service and I don't know where it is I'll find out'. So 10 minutes later, having watched the guy chat with some colleagues for this time, I got up and walked out. I did a click and collect from ECP and picked up non-genuine items and serviced the FL2.

4. Later that day I was informed by my wife that her FL1 had broken down and the AA man had diagnosed a blocked fuel filter and new LP pump. Once again, I checked the site spomsors website to see that the fuel filter on their website is the wrong one for the later TD4s.

5. I then phoned up my local main dealer and asked to speak to the parts department, I was told that they were engaged and would ring me back. Sure enough, half hour later the phone rang - it was the service department ! They tried the parts department - sorry engaged ! So back I went to ECP !

I really do try to service and repair my 2 landrovers with genuine parts but I do find it very difficult at times !

Its no surprise that there are so many LR parts suppliers out there. I guess that the direction that Gerry has taken LR is that they dont care 2 hoots about enthusiasts or people that service their own cars. FL2 HSE Auto Galway Green
Evoque SD4 Auto Blue.
FL1 HSE TD4 Manual Black - Gone.
RR Classic V8 EFI - Gone

Post #355550 24th Aug 2018 7:32 pm
Yorky Bob

United Kingdom 2013 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Firenze Red

Can you name this site sponsor please as I have found the one I have contacted very knowledgable and bend over backwards to give good service unlike the main dealer in Leeds. The spotty faced youth there recently insisted I gave my registration number and after 15 minutes of scratching his arse somewhere came back to tell me my car did not exist. At that point l walked. Evil or Very Mad FL2 MY10 TD4 GS traded in at 2 years
FL2 MY13 TD4 GS Current

Post #355553 24th Aug 2018 7:58 pm
duckworthparts
Site Sponsor

As an active site sponsor on here, drop me a PM, pop a note in our section if you require parts, use the site and you'll lose free postage... Thumbs Up

if it was our site then you'd notice that the service kit photograph is a generic image as both kits on there use the same image and what you'd get in the kit is clearly stated in the description. Sophie Alltoft

Send a paypal payment direct using this link www.paypal.me/duckworthparts

www.duckworthparts.co.uk
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/duckworthparts/
My Direct Line: 01673 849873
Email: sophie.alltoft@duckworth.co.uk
Supplier of Genuine Land Rover & Jaguar Parts For All Models

Can also supply OEM & Aftermarket parts

Post #355570 25th Aug 2018 8:06 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Pedro

Yes Dan, it was your site - I've sent you a PM Very Happy FL2 HSE Auto Galway Green
Evoque SD4 Auto Blue.
RR Classic V8 EFI - Gone

Post #355581 25th Aug 2018 5:57 pm
athelstan

Dan @ Duckworths
It is now 10 years since I first started to use Dan for spares and accessories for my dear lady's FL2, and for parts for other LR's. He has not been 100% perfect, but almost, having once despatching Defender parts instead of Freelander parts. At times I have requested very short, time critical deliveries, on other occassions deliveries to my English, Swiss and New Zealand addresses. All orders have been fully expediated, protectively packaged, and competitively priced.

On other occassions he has always tirelessly tried to track down parts for "classic" Land Rovers without any reward. Duckworth's are my primary source for LR parts and accessories. I have no hesitation in recommending Dan to friends and fellow enthusiast's. If others experience a problem with a parts request I'd suggest in the first instance to pick up the 'phone and talk to Dan directly in whom I have every confidence in righting any wrong.

Finally, I have never used Duckworth's own web site to place an order. Perhapes those Duckworth employees who are charged with supporting sales through that site would do well to learn from Dan's dedication to customer service.

Post #355670 27th Aug 2018 4:18 pm
Yorky Bob

United Kingdom 2013 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Firenze Red

Thumbs Up FL2 MY10 TD4 GS traded in at 2 years
FL2 MY13 TD4 GS Current

Post #355683 27th Aug 2018 7:52 pm
Pedro

Just to be clear, my criticism was not of Dan - I too have always had great service when dealing with Dan over the years for both my FL1 and FL2. My criticism was a general one born out of a series of issues with main Dealer parts departments, which included some errors on the Duckworth website.

Unfortunately, I am very busy and am either working with customers in the day or in an open plan office. As such, I tend nowadays to exclusively order my parts online in the evenings. FL2 HSE Auto Galway Green
Evoque SD4 Auto Blue.
RR Classic V8 EFI - Gone

Post #355715 28th Aug 2018 10:44 am
ozjeff62

Australia 2011 Freelander 2 SD4 SE Auto Ipanema Sand

Pedro, I think it would be quite proper to edit your original post. As dan has explained that the photo you were referencing is a generic one that doesn't necessarily reflect what you would be receiving.
Just to be polite.

Post #355735 28th Aug 2018 1:25 pm
duckworthparts
Site Sponsor

No need for to edit Thumbs Up

it's all good Thumbs Up Sophie Alltoft

Send a paypal payment direct using this link www.paypal.me/duckworthparts

www.duckworthparts.co.uk
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/duckworthparts/
My Direct Line: 01673 849873
Email: sophie.alltoft@duckworth.co.uk
Supplier of Genuine Land Rover & Jaguar Parts For All Models

Can also supply OEM & Aftermarket parts

Post #355749 28th Aug 2018 3:21 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Post Reply
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1