« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > Off Topic > FL2 Trailer/Towing questions & My camping trailer
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
Iguana

Wales 2014 Freelander 2 TD4_e HSE Manual Bali Blue
FL2 Trailer/Towing questions & My camping trailer

We are (Fingers crossed) moving house sometime in August (Reason for selling the D4) and I am an the look-out for a heavy duty trailer for taking my logs with me and for general usage in the new property as well as for moving the sit-on mower for servicing etc once we move.

Now I know that the towing capacity on the FL2 is 2000 Kgs, which means I think that I can tow a maximum of 2000 Kgs, including the weight of the trailer - correct?

So I'm looking at Ifor Williams trailers, but they seem sooooo expensive, but have found a few other similar new trailers out there (usually made in Poland) for a more reasonable price.

I've seen some at 750 Kgs and other at 1500 kgs (With trailer weights around the 250 kgs), so again am I right to assume that a 750 kgs trailer, weighing 250 Kgs, means I can legally carry a load of 500 kgs in it?

Finally, I have a great big camping trailer, modified Sankey trailer, was a joy to tow with the D4, weight is around 1400kgs, soi'm looking forward to towing it behind the FL2 for the first time when camping at the end of the month Thumbs Up

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Cheers
Iggy

Post #353110 11th Jul 2018 10:53 am
RogB

England 2013 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Lux Auto Santorini Black

I have no idea about the towing weights etc but you might want to put this in the camping/caravanning section for specifics.

However... that trailer looks absolutely amazing, cant believe its based on old squaddie sankey trailer Thumbs Up

Post #353111 11th Jul 2018 11:06 am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1