« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > Maintenance & Modifications > PROBLEMS FITTING LED SIDELIGHT BULBS
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
mattprice693

2007 LR2 TD4 HSE Manual Santorini Black
PROBLEMS FITTING LED SIDELIGHT BULBS

I've just tried fitting the CAM SAFE LED sidelight bulbs in my FL2. However when tested they didn't work. I then rotated the bulb as recommended due to the polarity issue but still nothing. Thinking that the bulb was defective, I tried it in the puddle lamp and hey presto no problems. I refitted the old original bulb to find that didn't work now either. Thinking I'd blown the bulb I tried a spare and still nothing.

Eventually having refitted everything back as it was, I pulled the fuse under the dash, refitted it, started the engine and everything was then back to normal.

Tried with another cam safe LED on the other side and the exact same thing happened again. Evil or Very Mad

I previously tried the bulbs from the DISCO3 link but had flicker in those bulbs so ordered the cam safe ones instead.

Anyone any ideas what's going on. Or maybe the car is telling me if it ain't broke......leave me alone!! Big Cry Big Cry

Post #89281 22nd Jan 2011 5:26 pm
Mercedes_Ben

Scotland 2010 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Biscay Blue

Hi there, I just fitted these LED sidelights this week.
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/501-W5W-12V-Canbus-E...41503961a4
They look great and no problems with fuses, and are very effective Daylight running lights

Click image to enlarge

Last edited by Mercedes_Ben on 24th Jan 2011 1:49 pm. Edited 4 times in total

Post #89296 22nd Jan 2011 7:10 pm
npinks

United Kingdom 

Not had that issue with mine so can't help on the issue Sad Former Mod/Member, with the most post & Chicken George Arch nemesis

Post #89298 22nd Jan 2011 7:14 pm
AndyMCFC

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Manual Zermatt Silver

I fitted the LED sidelight bulbs recently without problems.
I have noticed though that the light from them is a much purer white than the main headlights(bixenons)
Has anybody else noted this? Question FL2 07 HSE Zermatt Silver

Post #89450 23rd Jan 2011 10:55 pm
Wing

England 2013 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Lux Auto Santorini Black

@ AndyMCFC

I fitted some side lights mentioned on here that I bought from eBay and although they are very bright, they are way above the white of the xenons, almost silvery white.
I had problems with my xenon units sticking on main beam and blinding everyone. Driving on sidelights meant I couldn't drive on the motorway at night and on a couple of occasions on standard bulb sidelights I had people pulling out at junctions, it was then I went for the l.e.d upgrade which certainly got me noticed, but now my xenons are sorted, I think I'll try the ones from the D3 link "hoping for a better match" or go back to the standard bulbs as the l.e.d's from eBay look odd with the xenons.

Post #89464 23rd Jan 2011 11:48 pm
keikeimok

United Kingdom 2012 Freelander 2 SD4 XS Auto Barolo Black
Re: PROBLEMS FITTING LED SIDELIGHT BULBS

mattprice693 wrote:
I've just tried fitting the CAM SAFE LED sidelight bulbs in my FL2. However when tested they didn't work. I then rotated the bulb as recommended due to the polarity issue but still nothing. Thinking that the bulb was defective, I tried it in the puddle lamp and hey presto no problems. I refitted the old original bulb to find that didn't work now either. Thinking I'd blown the bulb I tried a spare and still nothing.

Eventually having refitted everything back as it was, I pulled the fuse under the dash, refitted it, started the engine and everything was then back to normal.

Tried with another cam safe LED on the other side and the exact same thing happened again. Evil or Very Mad

I previously tried the bulbs from the DISCO3 link but had flicker in those bulbs so ordered the cam safe ones instead.

Anyone any ideas what's going on. Or maybe the car is telling me if it ain't broke......leave me alone!! Big Cry Big Cry

I got the exact same problem here.....any luck with that anyone?? Neutral
can't find the exact fuse for the passenger side side lights too....Help... Crying or Very sad Freelander 2 XS MY 2012, 19" rims, Barolo Black. Privacy glass, spoiler.

Post #207296 15th Nov 2013 4:07 pm
photoscubaman

United Kingdom 2013 Freelander 2 TD4 S Manual Indus Silver

I had a very similar experience with my audi.
just needed to turn ignition off and back on again.

was a fail safe cut current if bulb went, would reset only after ignition was turned off and back on again?

not sure same on freelander but thats what i thought reading this.

john

Post #207308 15th Nov 2013 5:37 pm
keikeimok

United Kingdom 2012 Freelander 2 SD4 XS Auto Barolo Black

Brilliant !!! Sorted!! Thanks! Thumbs Up Freelander 2 XS MY 2012, 19" rims, Barolo Black. Privacy glass, spoiler.

Post #207310 15th Nov 2013 5:40 pm
blfarrar

United Kingdom 2009 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Auto Lago Grey
Help !

not that familiar with my FL2...
so can you experts on here can tell me why some LED w5w globes from HID4U seem to operate in a strange way
I swapped the main & dipped beams for Osram Nightbreaker unlimited I thought I would swap the sidelights for LED's
the ones I got from HIDs when tried "flash" or flicker...turn the globe around no light
What am I doing wrong ?
are these CANBUS & need to be different ?

My thoughts so far are disappointment...arent the light fittings flimsy & made from what seems to be very brittle plastic ? ....compared to the Disco3 Have:
Freelander 2 SE...just brilliant
Discovery 3 HSE....the workhorse
Jaguar S Type....now eclipsed by the XF

Post #210357 8th Dec 2013 8:17 pm
colinsb

United Kingdom 2013 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Lux Auto Indus Silver

One of my (cheap eBay) LED sidelights occasionally flickers on start up but then steadies after a few seconds.

Post #210381 8th Dec 2013 10:39 pm
ColinAG

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Lux Manual Stornoway Grey

Hello Guys, I am having a problem with my Side Lights on my 2007 Freelander 2 HSE. This problem has been reported on the forum twice before, but I can’t see that any one has been able to offer a solution.
I recently tried to fit some LED bulbs to my Side Lights and yes I fitted the wrong ones, I should have got the Cabus ones but I did not  any way the result is that the off side light will not work at all even though I have gone back to the original bulbs.
Another user reported this, and though every one offered a solution to the bulb problem, no one has said how to reset things so that the lights will work again.
Please can you help!!

Post #230674 4th Aug 2014 11:08 am
ad210358

England 

Again, have been a few reports of the odd Side Light or Tail Light not working, they have all ended up going to the Dealer and never reported back what the fix was Crying or Very sad

Post #230700 4th Aug 2014 6:03 pm
James220190

England 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Santorini Black

I had the problem with my sidelights on my freelander 2, tried fitting new LED sidelights and its tripped the ECU, so my front passenger side light would not work.

You can fix this by, slide in your key card, hold the start button (this will turn the ignition on, not the engine ) and then hold again (this will turn the ignition off ) then start the engine. That process resets the electrical ECU and your lights should be working again! Mine did!!

Hope this helps someone!!

Post #350120 24th May 2018 5:27 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1