Home > Maintenance & Modifications > Using SDD to enable fron parking sensors
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
Longstrider

United Kingdom 2009 Freelander 2 TD4_e GS Manual Santorini Black
Using SDD to enable fron parking sensors

Hi,

Ive recently fitted a facelift bumper to my 2009 Freelander 2, which has front parking sensors plus full loom.
My previous setup was only rear sensors.
Ive checked the PAM in the boot, which has the loom for front and rear, and Ive fitted the dash switch.

The front sensors dash switch does nothing, doesn't even aluminate. Rears work fine.

So I hooked up my laptop running SDD, and Added Device parking assistant front and rear, looked in Car Configuration Management and shows rear parking assistance only. (see pic)

I'm unable to enable engineer mode using the yellow key in SDD.

So I tried using the HTML Softwaredownload, and set Parking assistance was to Front and Rear, perhaps is just not updating the CCF.

Can I ask if I'm doing this correct in SDD, or if anyone knows the correct procedure.

Bit of a waste of time if I cant access engineer mode.

Cheers

Post #349513 14th May 2018 7:30 pm
Stuartc

Australia 2015 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Auto Aintree Green

Your trying to activate the autonomous park assistance, lol MY15
Tyre Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS)
Surround Camera System
InControl Apps soon to be replaced with CarPlay (WIP)
Meridian Premium Surround Sound
Digital Audio Broadcast
Timed Climate
Cruise ECO Data
Follow Me Home Reverse
Extra Features Menu
Picture In Motion
4x4i screen (WIP)
Digital Broadcast TV
Meridian Rear Media with WIFI
Factory Powered Tailgate
Blind Spot Monitoring (BSM)
Reverse Cross Traffic Alert (RCTA)
Electrochromatic Wing Mirrors (WIP)

Post #349532 15th May 2018 5:18 am
alex_pescaru

The loom is there alright, but did you really checked the PAM module to see if it's for both front and rear?
I mean do you believe that they've fitted a dual parking module on a rear only configuration?

For editing anything on CCF using SDD, without enabling engineering mode, better use the more safe method suggested by our Russian colleague and described below.
It's about steering column lock, but the method is the same for any locked item.
At least now you can play with any item, hidden or not, editable or not.

1 - In the SDD go to the Service functions and select "Vehicle configuration management". The program will read now the CCF.
2 - We see that the "Steering column lock" tab is grayed, i.e. cannot be edited.
3 - We go to the folder C: \ ProgramData \ JLR \ IDS \ Sessions \ LandRover, not forgetting to enable the display of hidden and system files.
4 - We find the folder with the number of the last digits of our vin-code and inside there is a file CCF_L_ "vin-code" _.............xml. I had several similar files in my folder, I chose the one that was created a few minutes ago - you can see by the creation's date and time.
5 - Edit the file and find "steering column lock" <category> and change edit = "false" to edit = "true"
6 - We return to SDD, refresh the page in the browser and see that now you can edit the parameter "Steering column lock", select "Without Steering column lock" and overwrite the configuration.
That's all!
Source: http://lr-club.com/index.php?showtopic=151767 (Thank you Darth D-MoN)

Post #349536 15th May 2018 7:30 am
Longstrider

alex_pescaru thanks for the tip, that nearly worked, I was able to edit the Park Assist to Rear and Front, but the modification just wouldn't take.
SDD kept trying to connect to the internet for files, so I'm guessing my installation is missing something.
Ive attached a pic of the errors.

Close but no cigar

Post #349548 15th May 2018 11:15 am
alex_pescaru

Those, from what I am remembering, are the secondary bootloader files for BCM and ICM.
In order to write the CCF modifications, you need those files to enable writing to Body Control Module (BCM) and Instrument Cluster Module (ICM).
Those files should exist into the SDD library, otherwise you have an incomplete SDD installation. They are into Program Files\JLR\IDS\Flash\VBF folder.
Go to http://diagnosticdelivery.jlrext.com/idscentral and try to download the full SDD version (be warned, it's an over 3GB download).
Install on a virtual machine or other computer that software and try to find among the installation the needed files and use them on your installation.
Although the above method is the right thing to do, I've sent you a PM with instructions with where to find the files. Only those two files.
Put them into above folder and try again. I hope you know what you are doing, because you know, you do it on your own risk... Very Happy

Post #349569 15th May 2018 5:54 pm
Longstrider

Thanks for all your help alex_pescaru

I managed to enable the front and rears by adding them missing files.

Oh deer I have opened a can of worms, that'll teach me.

Three of the front sensors threw up errors with short to ground , I tested the loom before hand for continuity.

And Ive seemed to upset a few others bits, radom errors from allsorts, ABS, humidity sensor.

But Ive been seeing a lot of DTC codes come and go before I meddled.

Wondering if I have a battery issue, voltage is normally around 12.6v after a drive.

Anyway it runs, hopefully doesn't enter limp mode, so its off to a independent for them to have a play.

Thats my fingers burnt Embarassed

Post #349573 15th May 2018 7:16 pm
alex_pescaru

After such modification, the SDD is usually performing a car wide error erasing.
A flashing process can generate a lot of errors because the targeted ECU is offline and the other ECU's are "wondering" what's happening with the targeted module.
And as the BCU is somehow a network nexus for most of the car's ECUs, then about all other ECUs are storing errors, mostly communication errors.
So perform another general error erasing, or a car reset procedure, initiated from within SDD, and you'll be fine.

Post #349581 15th May 2018 8:13 pm
Longstrider

I see, that makes sense.

Ok so Ive cleared the DTCs and did a vehicle reset.

Although the DTC errors are still showing, strange, some are permanent and others open link symbol, perhaps they will clear after a few drives.

All parking sensors are locked out and non functiong, apparently three front sensors not playing ball, according to diagnostics.

So its possible theirs a wiring issue here or the PAM is at fault.

The plot thickens , it will be interesting to see what the garage finds out.

Thanks again for the help Thumbs Up

Post #349583 15th May 2018 8:55 pm
Longstrider

I did some further investigations today.
Still have four front sensors with a dtc B1B36 short to power.
So I got the multi meter out and tested voltage at the two outter sensors leads, easyist to get to , both had 12v.
Then I tested the resistance across the sensor positive and signal pins, it was something like 600k omhs, seems a bit high.
Bearing in mind these are cheap eBay sensors.
But for all to fail with same error is very unlucky.

Strangely the P switch on the dash has never lit or flashed.

Post #349635 16th May 2018 5:35 pm
Longstrider

OK so a LR indi said my module is rear only, even thou it has 3 way connections.
I said well I tried another module, also 3 way.
So some modules are indeed rear only regardless of how many connections.
Mine even had the front loom attached from the factory, but it's in a dummy socket on the module.

I also got the lecture on using SDD as a novice ,and they prefer autologic

The correct module is LR013405, shame that code isn't on the module, but I believe the ones with " Bb" on the them are dual sensor enabled.

Post #349989 22nd May 2018 10:17 am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1