« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > Maintenance & Modifications > Handle covers/skins
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
Grue

New Zealand 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Auto Sumatra Black
Handle covers/skins

Hi guys, bought my first Freelander 2 last week (spending a week prior to purchase on here reading every thread i could... huge help!) and starting to look at bits to tart up on her a bit. She's a 2007 SE TD4. Pretty horrible inside - leather was filthy and every surface had a good impregnation of muck. A whole weekend of cleaning and she's starting to look nice again Smile

Anyway... first question (of many i'd imagine) and a pretty simple one. I realise that there's 1 piece and 2 piece door handles - and i looked at mine and thought 'OK, 2 piece' as it has the 2 tone colouring and going off this instruction:

But how do I know that it's really a 2 piece, or just a 1 piece with a 1-piece cover over the top like you can get from PowerfulUK, and this is giving the wide end profile of a 2-piece? Without taking it apart, it does look as if the chrome part is taped/glued on. And i've read some people saying that the 2007 model would be a 1 piece.

Realise that taking apart is probably the definitive way of telling, but thought i'd ask the guys/gals in the know first.

Post #348499 29th Apr 2018 10:37 pm
prezzy1982

United Kingdom 2011 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Auto Santorini Black

Can I ask where you got these from? I'm after New ones but don't want the ones that just fit over the top of the old ones

Post #348633 30th Apr 2018 10:45 pm
Grue

From what i understand... but then i'm new I'm sure someone will correct me if i'm wrong:

If you have the 2-piece style you don't need a whole replacement, you can take the coloured 'skin' off and just replace that (or buy a 'cover' which goes over the entire thing).

If you have the 1-piece style you can buy a 'cover' or replace the entire handles.

Skins and Covers for both types: https://www.powerfuluk.com/vehicles/land-r...s.html?p=1
Covers and entire handle replacement: https://rimmerbros.com/Item--i-GRID008204

I guess i'll be taking mine apart and seeing what i've got under there!

Post #348635 30th Apr 2018 11:04 pm
Grue

OK... the only way to see was to see for myself. And they are..... a 1 piece which had covers on! Glad i looked before ordering some new ones Smile

I'd have never realised they were just covers. Yeah, they're old and looking ratty now, but looked and felt like part of the handle.

Post #348643 1st May 2018 2:22 am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1