Forum-Gallery-Shop-Sponsors

« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > General > undersealing vehicle
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
Print this entire topic · 
Lightwater

Ukraine 2013 Freelander 2 2.0T SE Auto Fuji White

Stick the end of the hose up over the wheel liners without nozzle so it will fit, you will wash out a lot of road dirt.

Click image to enlarge
 Procrastination, mankind's greatest labour saving device!

Acoustic insulation ARB TPMS 3xARB air compressors After cooler Air tank On-board OCD pressure air/water cleaning Additional 50L fuel Carpet in doors ABE 2x1kg Waeco 28L modified fridge Battery 4x26ah Solar 120w Victron MPPT 100/20 DC-DC 18amps 175amp jumper plug Awning 6x255/60R18

Post #347639 17th Apr 2018 9:44 am
MRRover75

Norway 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Manual Tambora Flame

Delboy wrote:
“Freelancers don’t rust”. That’s just wishful thinking. I bought my 2009 HSE last September from a JLR main dealer.
I trusted their prep work, but when I checked it at home during its inaugural clean I was shocked to see massive amounts of severe surface corrosion along both sills and in all four wheel arches, especially in the turrets.
It took me eight days to strip back, Jenolite and waxoyl the affected areas. Not impressed.

Absolutely agree with this one. This describes my car perfect. I am pretty disapointed to find such corrosion on an 11 year old car. My old Rover 75 - 99 has nearly nothing corrosion on its body compared to this one. I need to do something with it this summer before its to late.

Post #347657 17th Apr 2018 12:31 pm
Andy131

United Kingdom 

Sandes - Norway?

By the sea possibly?

We live 30 miles inland, so not much sea air, and I wrote it as mine was. slight surface rust on the front and rear subframes, considering mine was a 2008 vehicle and I got rid in 2017, at that rate she would have needed another 20 years before structural damage would have been a concern. Granted in the UK the local authorities like to spread salt on the roads as soon as it gets cold, but nothing like the damage the sea air can do - family lived in Southport - English seaside town.

Maybe the G4 has extra layers of paint that help? - it was originally black before special vehicles painted her orange. Tangiers Orange - gone, missing her
Replaced by Ewok what a mistake - now a happy Disco Sport owner

Post #347667 17th Apr 2018 2:58 pm
MRRover75

Norway 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Manual Tambora Flame

I think road salt and shifting climate around 0 degrees in the winter time has contributed a lot to this Sad

Post #347709 18th Apr 2018 7:20 am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12