Forum-Gallery-Shop-Sponsors

« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > My Freelander 2 > TD4 AUTO
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
Print this entire topic · 
carlfraz

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Stornoway Grey

Cheers defakalion Very Happy Very Happy I must admit I can't wait to get the thing now. Bet these will be the slowest 3 months of my life...still must not complain, still driving the manual which is behaving herself at the moment Bow down Bow down And I still get a Very Happy each time I drive it, not to mention Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad looks Thumbs Up from FL1 drivers Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter

Post #2531 19th Apr 2007 10:07 pm
WOLLY

Italy 

Hi Carlfraz,
your comments sound very goog!!!! Thumbs Up

Post #2542 20th Apr 2007 8:15 am
defkalion

Greece 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Stornoway Grey

You remind me of my case: have been waiting from 4 Dec 2006 till 3 Apr 2007. Especially the last two weeks were a nightmare. However the only word of comfort I can say, is that it was worth the wait. So, be brave and patient Thumbs Up And in any case do remember, you wait for something nice!

Post #2566 21st Apr 2007 9:06 am
carlfraz

pim, we never heard back from you, did you ever get to your top speed or was the acceleration that bad you are still foot hard down?? Rolling with laughter

Post #2574 21st Apr 2007 5:05 pm
pim

Netherlands 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Narvik Black

When I first bought a car with auto transmission I thougt I would use the command shift (or tiptronic) very often, but command shift is not a feature you are going to use often. Why drive manual when the car can do the work for you?

The only ones who use the feature are my friends (with manual cars) testdriving my new fl2 . I just laugh at them hahaha.

Post #2579 22nd Apr 2007 12:48 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
pim

Oh and still did not drive at top speed. i will try it tomorrow. it's been very busy at work and I only drove in queing traffic...

Post #2580 22nd Apr 2007 12:49 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
carlfraz

Pim I don't know what the speed limits are in Nederlands but all we ask you are within the laws and safe - just being politically correct everybody Whistle Thumbs Up

Post #2592 22nd Apr 2007 11:07 am
Tim in Scotland

United Kingdom 

Carl, if you feel that the auto box is holding too high a gear then snick the selector to the left and slide into sport mode and manually downshift, or let the box lock out 6th and alter the shift pattern as it is supposed to in Sport.
The other thing is that like all the modern auto land Rovers the gearbox is adaptive - it learns how you want to drive the car and alters the gearshift pattern to the style you like - you drove a demo car that might just have spent it's life around town in stop start driving up to you driving it.

In my RRS and the previous FFRR TD6 before it I used to manually shift up to 6th gear about 55mph because left to it's own devices it wouldn't go up there until it got to 2250 rpm/60mph. After a few manual shifts the box learned that I like to shift up early and now it slides into 6th at 55mph and I cruise the local fast flat striaght road to town in 6th at 1600 rpm rather than in 5th at 2000 rpm - saves a few teaspoons of go-juice over the year and there is enough torque to do it as the box wouldn't engage the higher gear if there wasn't How can carbon have a footprint, it has no feet?
Now driving - RRE Coupe Dynamic Lux Auto with Plus pack, Fuji White, Ebony, SD4 with tow pack
Gone - 2010MY FFRR TDv8 Stornoway and Ivory, Privacy - the pace of a TDv8 RRS, the incomparable grace of a Range Rover
Gone but will be missed- RRS Tdv8 HSE Stornoway Grey with Ebony Leather
Gone (only a little missed) RRS Tdv6 2.7SE Giverny Green/Aspen
Defender 90 County HT in Epsom Green

Post #2594 22nd Apr 2007 12:02 pm
carlfraz

Thanks for the advice Tim, I'll put it into action once the wee beasty arrives.....can't wait Thumbs Up

Post #2603 22nd Apr 2007 11:15 pm
pim

TOP SPEED of DIESEL AUTO is 187 km/h and maybe a bit more but I had to take the exit. On the meter the needle points at nearly 200KM but with resetting the 'average speed' on the trip-computer my average speed was 185!!!!

Good news: With 180 the on the dash (not the trip-computer) the engine only runs nearly 3000 rpm. LOVELY!

Post #2625 23rd Apr 2007 11:04 pm
pim

TOP SPEED of DIESEL AUTO is 187 km/h and maybe a bit more but I had to take the exit. On the meter the needle points at nearly 200KM but with resetting the 'average speed' on the trip-computer my average speed was 185!!!!

Good news: With 180 the on the dash (not the trip-computer) the engine only runs nearly 3000 rpm. LOVELY!

Post #2626 23rd Apr 2007 11:04 pm
Tim in Scotland

United Kingdom 

I haven't yet test driven a Freelander2 as I would only buy an automatic these days, TD's and autogear boxes are a brilliant combo. Well my RRS is going in for a service on Wednesday and the deale ris letting me have their demo TD4 S Auto for the day as a courtesy car. How can carbon have a footprint, it has no feet?
Now driving - RRE Coupe Dynamic Lux Auto with Plus pack, Fuji White, Ebony, SD4 with tow pack
Gone - 2010MY FFRR TDv8 Stornoway and Ivory, Privacy - the pace of a TDv8 RRS, the incomparable grace of a Range Rover
Gone but will be missed- RRS Tdv8 HSE Stornoway Grey with Ebony Leather
Gone (only a little missed) RRS Tdv6 2.7SE Giverny Green/Aspen
Defender 90 County HT in Epsom Green

Post #2746 29th Apr 2007 11:59 pm
davy

England 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Zermatt Silver
Re: TD4 AUTO

PT wrote:
WOLLY wrote:
DOES ANYONE TELL ME IMPRESSIONS ABOUT TD4 AUTO Thumbs Up

First day of production is 2nd of April 2007.
So you have to wait a bit.
i recieved my fl2 hse td auto on the 27th Laughing march,so i think im the first DRIVE WITH CARE

Post #4470 10th Jul 2007 7:33 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12