Forum-Gallery-Shop-Sponsors

« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > Off Topic > Meet Sam, our Lab puppy
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
Print this entire topic · 
sid

England 2009 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Manual Stornoway Grey

I only get rescue dogs,theres too many out there to ever think of lining some greedy breeders pocket.

Post #344990 14th Mar 2018 10:45 pm
The Doctor

United Kingdom 

I think taking in rescue dogs is to be applauded but having a puppy from a breeder is not just about lining a breeders pocket, there are many reasons why people choose a puppy from a breeder. We looked at rescue centres to begin with but for personal reasons we decided on a black lab and wanted a puppy and could not find any locally or even at Battersea when we checked their site. Plus with a new puppy, you can choose a reputable breeder (ours was very highly regarded) and you know it’s background and can get it insured before any pre-existing conditions crop up.

Ours will certainly be well looked after but it does frustrate me how so many people buy dogs without researching properly and then just dump them when the novelty wears off Censored Obviously some dogs end up in rescue centres due to the death of their owners so fair play to the rescue centres for their hard work. LL.B (Hons) - University of Derby
LOT (Lord of Time) - University of Gallifrey

Post #344991 14th Mar 2018 11:08 pm
RogB

England 2013 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Lux Auto Santorini Black

I was looking for a rescue spaniel to partner my existing 12 year Springer as when my mum came to stay with us at Xmas her 3 year old Cocker brought out the youngster in mine again, rejuvenated her massively. I wanted one between 1 and 5 years old, Cocker, Sprocker, English, Welsh... I wasn't bothered. Very Happy

all the Spaniel specific rescue centres I contacted said they would not rehome anything younger than a 7/8 year old due to the age of mine, and they wouldnt rehome to us anyway as the house is empty for 5 hours a day with us all working and they all had a strict 4 hour policy Evil or Very Mad .

And As much as I would like a puppy, as Ive had mine since she was 11 weeks old, Im not in a position to have one due to work. Big Cry

Post #345009 15th Mar 2018 9:03 am
freelander2002

England 2010 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Auto Santorini Black

we picked up our golden lab a few weeks back, lucky enough to live in a rural location so he is in his element when out for short walks.

he is pretty nuts but is settling in well. He currently attends puppy classes in prep for some gundog training.

We certainly made sure we done our research into the breed and although he did cost quite a bit he has none of the hereditary hip issues and comes from a good line of KC working labs. 2010 HSE SD4 in Santorini black
(Privacy glass, leather/heated seats, ICE, Verde AS M+S)

2002 Freelander GS TD4
(sold 2011)

Post #345030 15th Mar 2018 12:36 pm
taztastic

England 

A registered breeder probably makes less than the people churning out dogs that end up in rescue centres, having visited a number of them, there is no way I would consider buying anything other than a dog, from a reputable breeder, with a known pedigree.
Yes, there are greedy ‘breeders’ but more fool the people who support them.

Post #345041 15th Mar 2018 5:59 pm
taztastic

England 

First trip to the seaside today, she loved it, hows Sam getting on?

Post #346306 1st Apr 2018 8:23 pm
The Doctor

United Kingdom 

Good photo Thumbs Up

He’s ok but very chewy of course Laughing He’s had his 2nd jab so next weekend my cousin will be bringing his 10 year old lab around to say hello before we take him on his first walk. LL.B (Hons) - University of Derby
LOT (Lord of Time) - University of Gallifrey

Post #346314 1st Apr 2018 10:40 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12