Forum-Gallery-Shop-Sponsors

« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > Maintenance & Modifications > Dynamic front grille
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 3 of 3 <123
Print this entire topic · 
ggb

United Kingdom 2014 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Manual Santorini Black

My grille is exactly the same as Dom’s. Lacquer peeling away. Car has just turned four years old. When I bought it just over a week ago I didn’t notice the damage. Only saw it a few days later when I picked it up. Dealer is going to replace it under Approved scheme, not sure if it’s the entire grille or just the bottom section. Must be a common problem.

Post #358706 15th Oct 2018 4:12 pm
Dom

United Kingdom 2013 Freelander 2 SD4 XS Auto Orkney Grey

It is a bizzare one. Has to be a manufacturing defect for so many to go in a similar way. gbb I expect it will be a whole new front bumper as the grille is plastic welded onto it. Good job it is covered under the approved, as I've been quoted £1000+ by various dealers for a new bumper/grille. Freelander 2 XS 2013
Freelander SE 2004 (Gone)
Freelander GS 2002 (Gone)

Post #358772 16th Oct 2018 9:27 am
RogB

England 2013 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Lux Auto Santorini Black

The grill can be removed by breaking the plastic bonding and the rebonding on afterwards but this isn't the best way really.

Any decent bodyshop will be able to spray the grill without separating it from the bumper, just by masking off. On or off the car.

its been done for around £100 by some on here and others have masked and sprayed it themselves for the price of a couple of rattle cans.

so if your being quoted a grand to do the job then they are either very Censored at their job, or they are trying to rip you off.

Post #358774 16th Oct 2018 9:37 am
ggb

When I spoke to the service guy he reckoned about an hour would do it so I thought I will just wait and have a cup or two of their excellent coffee. So can’t see it being a new bumper. It looks like the bottom silver part might be able to be removed and replaced. Taking place this Friday so I’ll update the thread. Thanks all.

Post #358786 16th Oct 2018 12:33 pm
FlyingOwl

United Kingdom 2013 Freelander 2 SD4 Dynamic Auto Fuji White

This is such a common fault, happened on my 13 plate , peeling on the silver strip, I took to landrover they took pictures of the grille, sent off to whoever makes the decision and got rejected, because I have the dynamic and I have gloss black bits and bobs, I got it sorsyed by local sprayer, £120 quid full gloss black, amazing job they did, unsure if they took it off though

Post #358901 18th Oct 2018 5:59 am
ggb

Update on grille peeling. Arrived at LR who said they needed the car for a few days despite having told me it would take about an hour to fit a new one. Turns out they are going to paint it. Did not suit to leave it today as they have no loan cars. So rescheduled for December. As log as it is done that’s fine. Just hope they don’t tempt me by lending me an Ewok.

Post #359030 19th Oct 2018 4:02 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 3 of 3 <123