« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > Technical > Auto Clima with humidity sensor
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
defkalion

Greece 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Stornoway Grey
Auto Clima with humidity sensor

Hi everyone. I have one more question. How can I check if my car has the auto air conditioning with humidity and polution sensor (hope the description is ok). Any special facia buttons or indications? Thanks

Post #2157 30th Mar 2007 9:22 am
The Villager

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Manual Stornoway Grey
Re: Auto Clima with humidity sensor

defkalion wrote:
Hi everyone. I have one more question. How can I check if my car has the auto air conditioning with humidity and polution sensor (hope the description is ok). Any special facia buttons or indications? Thanks

Hi
Firstly which model do you have? I have the SE Diesel, on the heating/vent controls you will see auto, select temp, then select auto and forget it. I also have selected AUTO for windsceen wipers, sensors will operate when needed, lights the same, I have set to AUTO, come on and off when required.
JUST ENJOY THE DRIVE
David David

Post #2158 30th Mar 2007 9:39 am
defkalion

hi david
i have the hse which comes with auto airconditioning as standard. however i have bought the humidity and polution sensor option as well. this is what i m trying to identify. any suggestions?

Post #2159 30th Mar 2007 10:48 am
The Villager

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Manual Stornoway Grey

defkalion wrote:
hi david
i have the hse which comes with auto airconditioning as standard. however i have bought the humidity and polution sensor option as well. this is what i m trying to identify. any suggestions?

Sorry I misunderstood, I havent got the humidity/polution sensor option

I would think your first port of call is the dealer you bought from, if they are unable to answer your question tell them to find some one who can from L/R
Hope you sort quickly
Apart from that are you getting used to the car (so many toys to play with)?
Enjoy your car
David David

Post #2161 30th Mar 2007 1:46 pm
Thrawn

2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Manual Sumatra Black

Deleted by Thrawn

Last edited by Thrawn on 20th Apr 2007 6:53 pm. Edited 1 time in total

Post #2162 30th Mar 2007 2:49 pm
defkalion

I am getting the car next week. I went to the customs (where the car is now) to check that all options I ordered are installed. I am a bit suspicious cause I have ordered dark eucaliptus for the facia but got the silver strip. For the time being I do trust my dealer and they have shown exemplary behaviour till now. I am just a bit worried if some other mistake has been made and since options like humidity/polution sensor are not that obvious I am looking into it. I will tell you my final verdict about car and dealer next week...

Post #2163 30th Mar 2007 7:05 pm
carvalho

Portugal 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Manual Tambora Flame

Hi,

If you have the humidity sensor, you have to had the auto dimming rear mirror. Only with that you could have the
auto rear mirror.

Post #2166 30th Mar 2007 7:40 pm
HC001

defkalion,
The quickest way of checking that you have the AQS/Hus option installed is by looking at the lower left hand horizontal button of the climate control unit in the centre fascia. It should have 2 LED's on the button, with the words AUTO and MAN written on it. However, all this shows you is that you have the correct version of the climate ECU. You can check that the HUS is fitted to the vehicle by looking for small vents on the rear face of the interior mirror. If it has them, then the HUS is installed. As for the AQS sensor, this is too difficult to check if its present, but the ECU would log a DTC if it was missing.

Post #2177 31st Mar 2007 3:41 pm
defkalion

well hc001, I really did like your scientific instructions. thanks. btw, do you know if there is a workshop manual for details like these?

Post #2186 1st Apr 2007 11:27 pm
HC001

Yes, worksop manuals are available that describe system operation, but only dealerships have access, as they are not hard copies.
The humidity/glass misting sensor is very good, and should prevent misting from ever ocurring on your windscreen.

Post #2215 2nd Apr 2007 8:03 pm
jimmy

Denmark 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Stornoway Grey

HC001 wrote:
defkalion,
The quickest way of checking that you have the AQS/Hus option installed is by looking at the lower left hand horizontal button of the climate control unit in the centre fascia. It should have 2 LED's on the button, with the words AUTO and MAN written on it. However, all this shows you is that you have the correct version of the climate ECU. You can check that the HUS is fitted to the vehicle by looking for small vents on the rear face of the interior mirror. If it has them, then the HUS is installed. As for the AQS sensor, this is too difficult to check if its present, but the ECU would log a DTC if it was missing.

Hey Defkalion - was the AQS/HUS actually fitted ?

I ordered this option also & like you want to check with my own eyes that I've got what I paid for.

Any other tips to check that it has been installed ?

Post #9726 8th Nov 2007 8:15 pm
yamaha-fan

Germany 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Stornoway Grey

Hi Def, to answer your question "non-accademic": the normal automatic A/C has two buttons left and right below the big AUTO-button: the left one has two LED's with a circle (three bent arrows), the right button has also two LED's, one for ECON and one for OFF.
With the Automatic A/C with humidity control and air quality sensor the left lower button has also 2 LED's, but one for AUTO and one for ECON. I believe this is the air-recirculation switch.
This is the easiest way to check if the "better" A/C is buid in. In Germany the "better" A/C comes always with the auto-dimming inside mirror. Annother way to check if you have got what you have ordered and paid.

YF

Post #9745 9th Nov 2007 8:17 am
defkalion

That's right guys (thanks yamaha-fan) when you order the auto clima with humidity sensor the left button has an auto-manual setting (two led's). I must say the humidity sensor does make a real difference in the car air quality. Thumbs Up I wander how they missed that in the Disco3 and RRS (2008 models).

Post #9873 12th Nov 2007 11:19 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1