Forum-Gallery-Shop-Sponsors

« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > Technical > Mobile Phone phonebook.
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
blueboy

United Kingdom 2014 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Auto Orkney Grey
Mobile Phone phonebook.

I was unable to get my Samsung S6 to work in my 2007 Freelander 2 SE but have just upgraded to a Samsung S8 & yippee its now working on the handfree bluetooth in the car.

I am having a problem that I downloaded my phone numbers into the cars phonebook but when I use the paddle to scroll through the numbers I get illegible i.d.

I.E
1 du-
2 b*
3 b>

none of this makes any sense to me but if I select one of the above it calls a known person thats in my phone memory, I was rather hoping that I could just punch in the top say 10 people into the bluetooth car system but it seems I can't do that.

I guess maybe its possible that the phonebook is corrupted in some way during the transfer from my S6 to my S8 via a wire when I started using the new phone.

I have a couple of video music tracks in my new phone that were transferred over from the S6 but it would seem after I transferred that the video is still ok but now there is no sound from the video track.

Any help in sorting this most welcome.

Post #339374 13th Jan 2018 7:57 pm
Largered

COPIED FROM ANOTHER THREAD

quote "Have a look on the Land Rover website and it will give you a list of phones that are compatible with your Freelander. You will need part of the VIM number to get an accurate result.

http://landrover50.nextgen-technology.net/...Culture=en

If the link doesn't work go to Landrover.co.uk and type bluetooth connectivity into the search function"

Post #339384 13th Jan 2018 10:19 pm
blueboy

United Kingdom 2014 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Auto Orkney Grey

Many thanks for the reply, the link did not work so went to Landrover Uk, found the Bluetooth connectivity but Freelander was not on there, maybe its too old now to be listed.

Mine is a 2007 & as the Samsung S8 is a new phone probably would not be on there anyway.

Post #339387 14th Jan 2018 12:19 am
cymru001

Wales 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Stornoway Grey

I have the same problem with my S8 and the phone book. It was the same with my S7. I was told it was due to the phones being new yet an iPhone SE was able to pair, show the phone book to make a call and display the ID of an incoming call. I now think it may be an android/ ios thing.

Post #340220 23rd Jan 2018 12:01 am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1