Forum-Gallery-Shop-Sponsors

« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > In Car Electronics > XTRONS PA77DLRPL
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 7 of 16 <123 ... 678 ... 141516>
Print this entire topic · 
petero

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Manual Sumatra Black

And big thanks to Round for posting how to change the default volume setting - I was losing my mind trying to sort that out with different apps and was resigned to having to change it manually every trip! Bow down Thumbs Up

Post #361085 25th Nov 2018 11:08 pm
Xih1993

United Kingdom 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 HST Auto Barolo Black

petero wrote:
Xih1993 wrote:
Right so after hours of faffiing around I have a solution!

For some odd reason the xtrons unit will only power up with the old sat nav unit connected to its looms.

So I’ve connected the old sat along with the xtrons and left it placed in my glovebox.

Could someone advice me if this is normal? Or have I missed something completely?

Did you correctly terminate the MOST fibre optic link as described at the start of this thread? If you didn't you won't have audio through the CD/Radio even when "Aux in" is selected unless you leave the sat nav connected. You say it won't power up though which is puzzling me - it should power up with the CD/Radio and power down again when that switches off if it is connected correctly.

I did read it but only now it has made sense since you’ve pointed it out!

But without the original sat nav connected there’s power to standard HU but no option to change function I.E CD/AUX/Radio etc... it just displays time and nothing else can be done and aftermarket unit also fails to power up...

With original sat nav also connected in unison with aftermarket HU and standard HU all works fine.

To clarify what am I to do if I want the aftermarket HU to work without original sat nav connected?

Post #361086 26th Nov 2018 12:35 am
petero

Hi, this is the problem that ebear was having when he started this thread and he cured it by fitting the MOST shunt, part number LR019014. He describes the power to the radio coming on momentarily and then going off again without the shunt (or the sat nav) connected. I used the same shunt and had no problems and any equivalent shunt would probably work fine as well.
Good luck - it is worth the effort when you get it working properly Smile

Post #361107 26th Nov 2018 1:37 pm
Xih1993

Hi there thanks for the reply!

Yes that is the same problem I’ve been experiencing!

So to clarify if I buy that part it’ll remove the need to have the sat nav hooked up?

And where does the part connect too & what does it do exactly?

Thanks

Post #361110 26th Nov 2018 3:10 pm
grumsel

Netherlands 2012 Freelander 2 TD4 Sport Auto Barolo Black

The shunt part connects to the optical cables that are normally connected to the sat nav screen. A optical MOST bus only works correctly when the loop is closed, a shunt closes the loop after removing a device.

Post #361124 26th Nov 2018 6:29 pm
petero

The MOST connector from the stereo is on the right and the shunt on the left. You have to remove the guard from the middle of the shunt and plug the connector into it. You should be good to go then.

Click image to enlarge

Post #361167 27th Nov 2018 5:34 pm
nexodus

Germany 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Auto Stornoway Grey
its done

de: es ist getan. das Radio ist eingebaut und alles läuft soweit einwandfrei.
Ich habe nur eine Frage:
Hat schon jemand den Can Bus angeschlossen und was zeigt dann das Radio an?

en: it is done. the radio is built in and everything works fine so far.
I have only one question:
Has anyone connected the Can Bus and what does the radio indicate?

Post #361175 27th Nov 2018 7:07 pm
petero

Sorry, I haven't done this and don't know how you would. I imagine you would need a suitable can bus decoder and it would enable the steering wheel controls to work, along with reversing and lighting signals.
I would also be interested to hear from anyone who has got this working.

Post #361184 27th Nov 2018 10:17 pm
Xih1993

petero wrote:
The MOST connector from the stereo is on the right and the shunt on the left. You have to remove the guard from the middle of the shunt and plug the connector into it. You should be good to go then.
Click image to enlarge

Perfect! I’ll get one ordered?

I presume Bluetooth/aux/cds and aftermarket head unit will all still work with this connected?

Post #361280 29th Nov 2018 4:11 pm
petero

Yes, they should all work as before - let us know how it goes.

Post #361285 29th Nov 2018 7:49 pm
jtq4u

England 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Auto Indus Silver

v.pavlov wrote:
Hello All,

I've purchase PB78DLRPL for my FL2 '07 and now is the time to fit it .The car has a standard radio just a CD without a Bluetooth option and the connector on the back of it is different from the one which comes with the PB78DLRPL grey one.The problem I've got is the ACC (red wire) , I can took that voltage from the instrument cluster fuse but that means when the engine is stopped the navi will be also off. What I really needs to find and need as help is to find 12 + when I only insert the key without pressing and holding the start button. Can anyone please assist with the wiring?

Thanks!

Hi There,

My PB78DLRPL arrives today And I have just seen on this forum that the plugs on it are not going to fit Sad
My existing head unit is a cd400 with a square plug and a larger oblong plug

How have people overcome this please?

Thanks

James

Post #361314 30th Nov 2018 2:27 pm
jtq4u

Sure enough it has arrived now and I have opened the box and the connector is different to the one at the back of the cd400 stereo. there are more pins in the stereo one. I saw someone posting earlier on this thread that they found the right connector in the console between the two seats is that true??
Thanks
James

Post #361335 30th Nov 2018 9:45 pm
jtq4u

Sure enough there was a similar plug at the rear of the center console but the pin configuration is different.. for example the aux wires are on the opposite row.

I ended up cutting the freelander 2 specific bits off the supplied loom amd have made up a cable that brings the aux output from xtrons to a thicker non concentric set of wires. These I need to now patch into the smaller plug at the rear of the radio. I find the blue wires to be left and right + and the green wire to be the aux -ve. There is a 4th wire on the plug that seems to be chassis ground.
I can get a live feed from the Brown wire on radio and earth from the black beside it. I can get accessory live from rear cig socket moused through with drivers console side panel off. No sign of an illumination wire to use. Will have to see if i can get yo the back of a lot switch otherwise I have to run a wire all the way to a light cluster!

I was hoping this would be plug and play.

Post #361435 2nd Dec 2018 7:21 pm
jtq4u

And to finish up the details on my install in case anyone else needs to know:
For the illumination I took this from the plain brown wire that goes to the hazard light, door locking plug you unclipped to get the dashboard central bit off. This has a strange landrover join in it (just wrapped in duckt tape under the loom tape!), where it goes to several more plain brown wires.
The signal only works however if you have the dimmer set to slightly past the central position (otherwise I guess the voltage is too low to trigger the sensing circuit in the xtrons). If this bothers you then you'd need to get the signal from the light cluster I guess (unless the dimmer swtich is just a variable resistor in which case you might get it from the dimmer it self).

All in and working now.

James

Post #361485 3rd Dec 2018 1:53 pm
inaftanaila

Romania 2011 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Auto Santorini Black

Hi all,
I'm experiencing something strange when starting from cold. When car (and presumably original stereo and Xtrons) is cold, the stereo and the Xtrons won't start. The xtrons is blank, looks like it's turned off, and the stereo just shows the time. I'm pressing the volume button on the stereo, I see the landrover logo, then stereo is back to the time. Nothing happens with the Xtrons. After a while (some good minutes) they both start as usual. Did anyone experience something similar? Does not seem to be a fiddly connection somewhere, as it only seem to happen on a cold start. Happened twice in the last few days, at sub zero temperatures.
Any thoughts on this would be much appreciated! MY2011, TD4 Auto, Xenon headlights, fog lamps DRLs, sunroof, tinted windows, almond electric seats w/ lumbar support, leather steering wheel w/ audio controls, dog/luggage guard, ambient lights, flush Whispbars, Mantec sump&tank guards, Xtrons Head Unit

Post #361555 5th Dec 2018 3:28 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 7 of 16 <123 ... 678 ... 141516>