Forum-Gallery-Shop-Sponsors

« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > Off Topic > Opinions on this windscreen damage please
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
Print this entire topic · 
Steve D

United Kingdom 

Talking of screens, mine got wiped out yesterday! Council bus in front of me hit a tree knocking a branch onto mine. Going to try to claim from them rather than going through my own insurance and paying the £140 excess. Wifey reckons I’ve got no chance. Opinions please - action happens just after 10 seconds.

https://click.email.vimeo.com/?qs=e1d84011...5608a93443 Past: FL2 TD4 HSE Auto
Evoque SD4 Dynamic Lux Auto
Present: Audi A3 S Line.

Post #337193 13th Dec 2017 7:35 am
Jimboland

England 2012 Freelander 2 SD4 GS Auto Santorini Black

You should have a good chance as it was their bus that hit the tree, but the highway authority is responsible for keeping the highway clear of obstructions such as overhanging branches, so depending on the circumstances you could also claim from the highway authority. I would put in a claim from both then sort out who was at fault as you can always withdraw a claim.

Yonks ago a double decker bus ran into the back of my Disco 1 and they paid up with no trouble. The funny (sic) side was that it was a brand new bus on it's first fare paying passenger run and had only got half a mile from the bus station.

J

Post #337200 13th Dec 2017 11:24 am
Steve D

United Kingdom 

Aggro’s started already! Have sent link off to the insurers of the bus but I’m fully expecting them to pass the buck onto the neighbouring borough as it was their tree. I’ve been on to them and can only put in a claim to them online. They quote, sorry, boast, a 90% failure rate on claims against them. To submit a claim I’ve got to send copies of the V5, MOT and insurance (not a problem) but there’s a disclaimer about trees as they imply they are not responsible for them. The section for vehicle damage asks for pictures of what caused the damage whereby I think they are on about claims for pothole damage. You also, before claiming, have to submit a report of the thing that caused the damage. Fair enough if it’s a pothole but what can I do about a low branch that’s not there anymore? Just seems too much bother. If I don’t get any luck from the van owners insurance, I’ll just go through my own and let them worry about it. It’s not worth getting wound up about. Past: FL2 TD4 HSE Auto
Evoque SD4 Dynamic Lux Auto
Present: Audi A3 S Line.

Post #337204 13th Dec 2017 12:16 pm
JulesK

Wales 2014 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Firenze Red

Good job Thumbs Up

The Doctors windscreen that is.. not the tree damage Embarassed If it wasn't so bad it'd be funny.

🐑
Freelander 2 HSE auto 2014 ( Florrie ) ..... Try again.
Freelander 2 GS 2012...... Gone.

Post #337244 14th Dec 2017 7:09 am
Yorky Bob

United Kingdom 2013 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Firenze Red

Sits as claim on your record the next time you come to insure and will sit there at least 3 years. I am ignoring some damage on the passenger side for that reason. Already had one screen just over 3 years ago. If it’s not a MOT failure my advice is worry more when you come to sell as then it maybe will not be an issue. FL2 MY10 TD4 GS traded in at 2 years
FL2 MY13 TD4 GS Current

Post #337246 14th Dec 2017 8:07 am
dondiddy

United Kingdom 2012 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Manual Firenze Red

Yes have to agree with JulesK that the repair is a goodun! I did think that it was beyond a repair but very impressed! Thumbs Up

Post #337252 14th Dec 2017 9:31 am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12