United Kingdom 2013 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Fuji White

Here's another view of inside with lights fitted

Click image to enlarge
 No Longer the owner of a 2013MY Fuji White GS

"Fiat Lux" a philosophy not a car

Post #336239 30th Nov 2017 11:45 am
Bobupndown

United Kingdom 2014 Freelander 2 SD4 GS Auto Orkney Grey

Thanks all, not a huge deal if not easily fitted, just a query really. Don't think I would pass up the car just because it doesn't have fogs.
I'll report how I get on!

Post #336240 30th Nov 2017 11:50 am
mcsimmo

Scotland 2013 Freelander 2 SD4 GS Auto Mauritius Blue

Yorky Bob,

No I dont have the heated screen. Updated- Waiting for a Scotland v England 6 Nations home win. 24th Feb 2018
Gone-1972 88 SWB Soft top
Gone-1981 24v FFR Lightweight
Gone-2009 Freelander 2 TD4 GS manual
Gone before it bankrupted me- 2008 Discovery 3 TDV6 Auto
2013 Freelander 2 SD4 GS Auto

Post #336243 30th Nov 2017 12:14 pm
Largered

westville wrote:
Here's another view of inside with lights fitted
Click image to enlarge

am I looking at this correctly ........ is the wiring loom for BOTH the fog lamps AND front parking sensors ??

Post #336245 30th Nov 2017 12:22 pm
Yorky Bob

United Kingdom 2013 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Firenze Red

mcsimmo wrote:
Yorky Bob,

No I dont have the heated screen.

As lifted from Parkers:

The Land Rover Freelander started out with S, GS and HSE trim designations, but this has now grown to encompass S, GS, XS, Dynamic, HSE and HSE Lux. All six trims are available with front- and four-wheel drive versions of the Freelander.
Standard Land Rover Freelander equipment
The entry-level S model of Land Rover Freelander comes with ESP and six airbags, central locking, an alarm, alloy wheels, air conditioning, electric windows front and rear, electrically adjusted and heated door mirrors, CD stereo with MP3 player, steering wheel controls for the stereo, and split and fold rear seat. The GS adds leather upholstery to the spec sheet, along with climate control, cruise control and Bluetooth connection. For the XS, Land Rover supplies the car with silver grille bars, body coloured door handles and door mirrors covers, automatic headlights with washers, front fog lights, automatic climate control, Silver Element dash insert, satellite navigation and a Merdian 380W stereo. The sporty looking Dynamic model has a grille surround, grille bars and wing vents finished in gloss black, while a body kit with deeper front spoiler and side skirts is standard too. Also for the Dynamic is the option of the door trims finished in contrasting red or black, while front and rear parking sensors are included along with automatic headlights and wipers. More standard kit is piled on for the HSE that comes with LED daytime running lights, electrically worked panoramic sunroof, door mirrors with position memory and auto-dipping function for reversing, 18-inch alloy wheels, heated front seats, and push button starter. The HSE Lux tops the range with 19-inch alloy wheels, Xenon headlights, reversing camera, Windsor leather upholstery and a heated leather steering wheel. The Freelander was updated for 2013 with a new colour touchscreen on the centre console through which the multimedia system and optional sat nav can be controlled. The Freelander’s voice control system was updated with a ‘Say what you see’ function, in which visual prompts are displayed to make the system easier to use. A keyless start system was also introduced, along with new instruments including an extra information screen between the main dials. For the 2013 Model Year a ‘Black & White’ limited edition model was also added, based on the S trim. Available, as the name suggests, in a special shade of either black or white, the edition was limited to 600 vehicles and includes 17-inch split-spoke alloys, privacy glass and Bluetooth connectivity over the standard S specification. FL2 MY10 TD4 GS traded in at 2 years
FL2 MY13 TD4 GS Current

Post #336247 30th Nov 2017 1:12 pm
Bobupndown

So deal has been done, I become the proud owner of a 2014 SD4 GS in Orkney grey on Tuesday. Excited at the thought of new car but still have strong attachment to the Disco 2 that Im about to part with 1 day short of 11 years of ownership! Very mixed emotions Wink I'll do the photo thing when it has arrived.

Post #336467 2nd Dec 2017 8:21 pm
LR NUT

Scotland 2014 Freelander 2 TD4_e Dynamic Manual Fuji White

How’s your chassis on the D2 Laughing it might make you feel better if its needing welded in the near future. MY14 Kahn Converted Dynamic - Fuji White Ebony/Pimento Interior
MY15 Xenon Headlight Conversion

MY17 RRS SVR - Estoril Blue Cirrus/Ebony 🪣💺’s

Post #336468 2nd Dec 2017 8:28 pm
Bobupndown

Its actually very sound, been regularly waxoiled. Decided Im going to hold on to the Disco rather than trade it and will sell it privately which is the most sensible financial decision hopefully.

Post #336520 3rd Dec 2017 7:51 pm
Bobupndown

So with it being so cold and snowy outside I havent "gone exploring" the car's nooks and crannies to see if it has the fog lamp mounts behind the blanking plates. I will do when the weather improves though.
Now quick query for all you techies, obviously my GS doesnt have the standard front fog switch on its left hand light stalk so I'll likely fit a small discreet switch in order to operate the lamps and would want them to be able to activate when the side lights are on. Is there any problem tapping into a side light feed in order to power a relay? (Im happy and confident to make up a dedicated loom to add the lights) Never done any wiring mods on a canbus vehicle before.
Thanks.

Post #336936 9th Dec 2017 4:19 pm
ronp

Scotland 

I've got fogs, heated front screen and heated seats on my MY11 GS, so I take it I've got the 'winter pack'.

Also got Bluetooth & steering wheel phone controls, was that standard on the GS? FL2 now gone and have a couple of items left for sale:-

Brodit active iPhone holder + Brodit dash clip,
Bluetooth Music Streaming Module.

Post #336937 9th Dec 2017 4:36 pm
Jimboland

England 2012 Freelander 2 SD4 GS Auto Santorini Black

"Also got Bluetooth & steering wheel phone controls, was that standard on the GS?"

It is on mine.

J

Post #336976 10th Dec 2017 10:56 am
dorsetfreelander

United Kingdom 2014 Freelander 2 SD4 XS Auto Loire Blue

My 2011 GS had bluetooth and fogs and steering wheel phone controls but no heated seats or screen. It also came with the unresolved 2011 hesitation problem but that's another story. 3 x FL1 2 manual + 1 auto
5 x FL2 4 manual + 1 auto
Now Discovery Sport P250 MHEV SE

Post #336998 10th Dec 2017 2:56 pm
Bobupndown

So with wintry weather. Dark nights and Christmas stuff I haven't got any further than having a quick look at the fog light aperture blanks while giving it a wash. Can anyone advise how best to remove them, is there a particular place that comes away first or where to insert a trim removal tool? Thanks. Landrover - turning owners into mechanics since 1948

2014 Orkney grey Freelander SD4 GS.
2004 Zambezi silver Discovery 2 Td5 (Gone)
1963 Surf blue Morris Mini Minor Super de Luxe (my little toy)

Post #338572 3rd Jan 2018 6:39 pm
LR NUT

Scotland 2014 Freelander 2 TD4_e Dynamic Manual Fuji White

On cars with fogs there is a small slot on the fog surround directly above the fog light. You can hook a small flat plate screwdriver or a metal coat hanger hook in the gap and pull it towards you. There a tough fit and a little force is needed to get them off. I’d look around your fog surround inserts for the small hole and do the same. MY14 Kahn Converted Dynamic - Fuji White Ebony/Pimento Interior
MY15 Xenon Headlight Conversion

MY17 RRS SVR - Estoril Blue Cirrus/Ebony 🪣💺’s

Post #338588 3rd Jan 2018 8:29 pm
Bobbyg

England 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 S Manual Indus Silver
Steering wheel

Hi Yorkybob Bob only thing on my steering wheel is the horn push,will check for the mp3 port.
Thanks Bob

Post #339957 20th Jan 2018 1:47 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 4 <1234>