« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > General > Not Black Friday Deals
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 3 of 3 <123
Print this entire topic · 
Steve D

United Kingdom 

Steve D wrote:
So far, Ive saved 15 off of a Fire Stick, 30 off of a Kindle and 60 off of a DKNY handbag the wife wanted. I found out it was a con for some things last year - like any 'sale' youve got to ignore the advertised 'savings' and do your homework beforehand!

More deals. Just got home from Westfield Stratford. Got a pair of pyjamas from White Company. 60 instead of 75. Genuine bargain as Id earmarked them earlier in the month. I got 3 pairs of knickers in Victorias Secret for 35 instead of 47.50 (Tip of the day - if youre going there, check the back as well as the front - some of the knickers in there had nothing to cover the bumhole 😳) Also, I got a pair of Emerald earrings in Fraser Hart. Again, I nearly bought those earlier this month for 599 - I asked for a 10% discount at the time but they wouldnt budge - said nothing jewellery wise gets discounted on the run up to Christmas so I passed on them. I got them today for 479. Call me Mr 20% Laughing

Thats it, Im done with Christmas shopping! Past: FL2 TD4 HSE Auto
Evoque SD4 Dynamic Lux Auto
Present: Audi A3 S Line.

Post #336068 27th Nov 2017 6:09 pm
Worms

Scotland 2010 Freelander 2 TD4_e GS Manual Zermatt Silver

Got a “Black Friday” flyer through the door yesterday from Land Rover, so decided to buy my oil filter from the local dealer this morning rather than from Eurocarparts and see what was on offer. I got the filter, but as ever, none of the sales staff so much as glanced in my direction for the fifteen minutes I spent looking at all the models in the showroom or the ten minutes looking round the used stock outside. The manager did say “excuse me” as he negotiated past me through a narrow gap, but no “Are you being attended to?”

I was the only customer in their large new showroom, so it’s not as if they were too busy to say hello. I spent my time in the D5 to FFRR row, not the DS to Evoque row. I was dressed in a way that might make me look a likely target (moleskin trousers, checked shirt, polished shoes), so I don’t think I looked too impoverished to bother with. I must confess that in the past I have actually put my Harris tweed jacket on before going in and it still makes no difference! Big Cry

I clearly don’t make the grade...and I am actually quite intrigued. What is it that they look for in a potential buyer? 2005 D3 2.7 Auto
Previously:
2010 MY FL2 TD4e GS - Now gone at 199,500 miles, about 135,000 of them mine.
‘93 Defender 110 200TDi CSW
‘87 Defender 90 4 cyl Petrol
‘83 110 CSW V8 - best ever!
Range Rover 2-door V8 (not sure of year - 4-speed box and vacuum diff switch)
Series III SWB Diesel

Post #360955 23rd Nov 2018 4:17 pm
Sidthecat

England 2013 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Auto Orkney Grey

Checked shirt, mole skins . . . take care the fashion police don’t arrest you Wink

Post #360957 23rd Nov 2018 4:34 pm
archie98

England 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Auto Stornoway Grey

My Mrs only buys knickers from C&A so she knows what way round they fit.

Post #360958 23rd Nov 2018 4:35 pm
jules

United Kingdom 2014 Freelander 2 SD4 SE Auto Firenze Red

It is often a bit of a con - I find there are some good deals but often on the very expensive stuff.

The "Which?" consumer organisation tracked a selection of goods for 6 months before and 6 months after Black Friday and ...

"We found that 87% of the Black Friday deal items we investigated were available for the same price or cheaper at other times of the year.

Read more: https://www.which.co.uk/reviews/black-frid...al-is-real - Which?" Jules

Post #360959 23rd Nov 2018 4:44 pm
Andy131

United Kingdom 

Worms wrote:

I clearly don’t make the grade...and I am actually quite intrigued. What is it that they look for in a potential buyer?

I'm the opposite, I really don't want pestering by sales people ever.
If I want the price I'd rather just find a counter and ask the price direct, I don't want to know about PCP, extended worthless warranties, pointless service packages or anything else not directly related to the purchase price of the car. What really winds me up is when rather than answer the question is when they ask they ask how much you want to spend, or how much have you been quoted elsewhere. Tangiers Orange - gone, missing her
Replaced by Ewok what a mistake - now a happy Disco Sport owner

Post #360963 23rd Nov 2018 6:19 pm
jules

United Kingdom 2014 Freelander 2 SD4 SE Auto Firenze Red

Digressing somewhat, but, the other day I was in no particular hurry when passing a new-ish JLR dealership I thought "I wonder if they've got the part I need to order?" So I parked in the spacious customer parking area, walked through the two sets of big automatic glass doors, into a large almost empty, shiny space with a few JLR vehicles dotted about and up to the reception desk where the young lady in full makeup and smart suit smiled. I requested the location of the Parts Dept, she offered to take me there (it was about 20m away in the same shiny room) and on the way offered me a cup of coffee and a comfy chair in the waiting area as she would have to ring for the Parts & Service Supervisor to come as they were not at their desk. I waited and soon a gentleman in a suit with a clipboard came over and asked what I needed. He wrote down the part number that I gave him and turned to go to his computer desk. "It fits a Range Rover" I said. He nodded. As he rounded his desk I said "It also fits my Series 3 Landrover". He sighed and said "sorry, we dont stock that sort of thing but I may be able to order it for you". "Never mind, Im not entirely surprised, I can get it from Ebay for 99p delivered anyway. Thanks for the coffee by the way"

What did surprise me was that nobody even asked if I (dressed smart casual) was interested in their cars or might consider buying one. Strange times. Jules

Post #360973 23rd Nov 2018 8:54 pm
Steve D

United Kingdom 

jules wrote:
It is often a bit of a con - I find there are some good deals but often on the very expensive stuff.

The "Which?" consumer organisation tracked a selection of goods for 6 months before and 6 months after Black Friday and ...

"We found that 87% of the Black Friday deal items we investigated were available for the same price or cheaper at other times of the year.

Read more: https://www.which.co.uk/reviews/black-frid...al-is-real - Which?"

I bought a watch for my wife two weeks ago in Ernest Jones. If I’d held out and waited until today I’d be £200 worse off! Glad I bought it when I did. Very Happy Past: FL2 TD4 HSE Auto
Evoque SD4 Dynamic Lux Auto
Present: Audi A3 S Line.

Post #360985 23rd Nov 2018 10:35 pm
Worms

Scotland 2010 Freelander 2 TD4_e GS Manual Zermatt Silver

jules wrote:
Digressing somewhat, but, the other day I was in no particular hurry when passing a new-ish JLR dealership I thought "I wonder if they've got the part I need to order?" So I parked in the spacious customer parking area, walked through the two sets of big automatic glass doors, into a large almost empty, shiny space with a few JLR vehicles dotted about and up to the reception desk where the young lady in full makeup and smart suit smiled. I requested the location of the Parts Dept, she offered to take me there (it was about 20m away in the same shiny room) and on the way offered me a cup of coffee and a comfy chair in the waiting area as she would have to ring for the Parts & Service Supervisor to come as they were not at their desk. I waited and soon a gentleman in a suit with a clipboard came over and asked what I needed. He wrote down the part number that I gave him and turned to go to his computer desk. "It fits a Range Rover" I said. He nodded. As he rounded his desk I said "It also fits my Series 3 Landrover". He sighed and said "sorry, we dont stock that sort of thing but I may be able to order it for you". "Never mind, Im not entirely surprised, I can get it from Ebay for 99p delivered anyway. Thanks for the coffee by the way"

What did surprise me was that nobody even asked if I (dressed smart casual) was interested in their cars or might consider buying one. Strange times.

Well that is so similar to my experience (except that I did get my oil filter!) that it must almost be company policy! I can almost understand the “Make ‘em beg to be allowed to buy our products” approach, but, then...why send out a Black Friday flyer? 2005 D3 2.7 Auto
Previously:
2010 MY FL2 TD4e GS - Now gone at 199,500 miles, about 135,000 of them mine.
‘93 Defender 110 200TDi CSW
‘87 Defender 90 4 cyl Petrol
‘83 110 CSW V8 - best ever!
Range Rover 2-door V8 (not sure of year - 4-speed box and vacuum diff switch)
Series III SWB Diesel

Post #360986 23rd Nov 2018 10:48 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 3 of 3 <123