Home > Wheels & Tyres > Grabber AT3
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
Print this entire topic · 
tom.tom

United Kingdom 

Hi folks

New to FL2 just got an 07 SE last wk Smile

just wandering if anyone i running Grabber AT3's? Or has any more info since the last post? Thinking for going for a set, does anyone know if putting these on will cause any issues with the drive train etc with them being being an AT tyre?
Basically approx 75% on road driving and 25% laning and field work, and does anyone happen to know the wet grip rating for the AT3s

Thanks in advance
Tom

Post #342071 11th Feb 2018 3:19 pm
Bobupndown

United Kingdom 2014 Freelander 2 SD4 GS Auto Orkney Grey

Steven.T wrote:
Okay so I got these fitted on Saturday. First impressions are they are fairly quiet, haven't really noticed much noise yet. Nice looking tread pattern aswell! They did well in some rain on Sunday and even better in the snow we've had since, it was like driving on tarmac. I tried to skid it but it was difficult without being stupid! So far so good, just need to let them see some mud now Thumbs Up

Interested to hear how you find them long term Thumbs Up Landrover - turning owners into mechanics since 1948

2014 Orkney grey Freelander SD4 GS.
2004 Zambezi silver Discovery 2 Td5 (Gone)
1963 Surf blue Morris Mini Minor Super de Luxe (my little toy)

Post #342078 11th Feb 2018 5:11 pm
Steven.T

United Kingdom 2009 Freelander 2 TD4_e GS Manual Lago Grey

So, I've had them on for almost two months now. And I'm still happy with them. They are great on wet and dry tarmac. Haven't managed to slide them yet! They were fantastic in the snow we had lately, didn't put a foot wrong. Had them on some light mud and grassy bits and they've been fine, I'd recommend them 👍
Oh, and on long trips they don't seem to affect mpg too much either which is good. Although I've never had standard more economical road tyres to compare to.

Post #342096 11th Feb 2018 8:39 pm
tom.tom

United Kingdom 

Hi Steven thanks for the update! Not sure if you've seen my other post but Ive had disco's and defenders where a bit of a flooded road have never been a problem.. but only having the FL2 for just over a wk I must say I wasn't impressed after its first drive through a biggish puddle. Shocked Question My side of the road was flooded I went through at approx 25 mph the other night in the FL2 (currently have Cooper Discovery AT3's nearly new all round) and lets just say it was a bit of a twitchy moment.. The other observation is the brakes are great in the dry but not straight after I went through this wet bit they were hmmm. Am I expecting too much of the FL2, and is a bad thing comparing this to a disco which was my previous daily drive? But being part of the green oval family rightly or wrongly I just expected more of it??? Apart from that Im made up with the comfort and general ride So any comments on the above would be very greatly received.

Thanks again

Tom

Post #342107 11th Feb 2018 9:14 pm
Agent36

United Kingdom 2011 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Santorini Black

Had General Grabbers AT2's on both my Freelander 1's going to put them on the Freelander 2.
Road noise and MPG was not too bad in my opinion, 40 mile round trip to work each day.. Plus they had good grip on the fields and fen roads.

cheers Nick

Post #345661 23rd Mar 2018 8:58 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12