Forum-Gallery-Shop-Sponsors

« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > General > DPF removal, the day of reckoning - May 2018.
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
Print this entire topic · 
dorsetfreelander

United Kingdom 2014 Freelander 2 SD4 XS Auto Loire Blue

Sounds like the "mileage correction services" that are easy to find too. 3 x FL1 2 manual + 1 auto
5 x FL2 4 manual + 1 auto
Now Discovery Sport P250 MHEV SE

Post #334664 7th Nov 2017 10:37 am
Tigger

United Kingdom 

Although at least there’s some pretence that there’s a legit reason with mileage “correction” and sometimes it’s even genuinely the case!

Post #334666 7th Nov 2017 11:24 am
AjM

United Kingdom 2013 Freelander 2 SD4 Dynamic Auto Santorini Black

Tigger wrote:
It is interesting reading the comments on the MOT tester’s Forum. They certainly have a heck of a job determining if a DPF has been destroyed or not. Some complain of being targeted for this, yet when they make complaints about companies blatantly offering this service to end users, nothing is done.

I can’t think of a parallel to the openly advertised, blatantly illegal and anti social, removal of emissions equipment, without the perpetrators and their customers facing the enforcement of some serious legal consequences.

It’s not even as if these people are hard to find, simply google “DPF removal” and go and pay them a visit!

The point is that is it is not illegal to remove it so these companies are simply offering a service. It is no different to going to a tint shop and having them tint the windows forward of the B-Pillar. Completely legal until you drive off from the property same as the dpf, and like the dpf, not picked up or even part of the MOT.
I am not saying its right, the opposite in fact but until the law is changed to stop people freely doing these things it is a pointless battle.

Post #335152 14th Nov 2017 8:15 pm
Lightwater

Ukraine 2013 Freelander 2 2.0T SE Auto Fuji White

Some manufactures maybe using special software to detect when the car is being tested so the filter is not bypassed! Procrastination, mankind's greatest labour saving device!

Acoustic insulation ARB TPMS 3xARB air compressors After cooler Air tank On-board OCD pressure air/water cleaning Additional 50L fuel Carpet in doors ABE 2x1kg Waeco 28L modified fridge Battery 4x26ah Solar 120w Victron MPPT 100/20 DC-DC 18amps 175amp jumper plug Awning 6x255/60R18

Post #335167 15th Nov 2017 6:40 am
turboextreme

United Kingdom 2014 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Manual Loire Blue

The usual visible sign of a disabled or removed Dpf is soot in the tail pipe, a working dpf leaves a almost clean pipe.

Post #335954 25th Nov 2017 10:38 pm
Steve D

United Kingdom 

Tigger wrote:
...........For those that won’t play the game, the May 2018 and onwards MoT test might be interesting.

Don’t hold your breath. The new limits will only be for diesel cars registered AFTER Jan 2014 and they have been reduced from 1.5 to 0.7 BUT .........

The big change is that many modern diesel engined cars nowdays cannot be revved to their maximum rpm speed when stationary as required by the smoke meter testing equipment, and most cars nowdays are like this. In this instance, we have been told to issue a pass and note as an advisory item that maximum revs could not be obtained during the smoke test.

Seems like they are making it easier to pass the smoke meter test, not harder. Oh well, that’ll look good in the statistics I suppose and no doubt some minister or Government department will take the credit........ Past: FL2 TD4 HSE Auto
Evoque SD4 Dynamic Lux Auto
Present: Audi A3 S Line.

Post #336142 28th Nov 2017 5:53 pm
Yorky Bob

United Kingdom 2013 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Firenze Red
DPF you have been warned

https://www.carkeys.co.uk/news/these-are-t...ct-in-2018 FL2 MY10 TD4 GS traded in at 2 years
FL2 MY13 TD4 GS Current

Post #343282 25th Feb 2018 5:34 pm
Hippo

United Kingdom 

I think it's reasonable for car to have to meet it's emission figures. If it doesn't then it's broke'd and needs fixed. The fix may be more than the owner is happy to pay but that's how it goes.

I always talk to the mot tester while he's testing my hippo. I remember some years previous I was there when a noisy hot hatch turned up for his booked mot and the tester said to me "that's failed". We talked about this and he said too much noise and it fails... but it's down to the tester to choose the level and that one was a fail. I asked about de-catting exhausts and he said in the 20+ years he's been testing he'd only ever seen 3 he thought had been tampered with on purpose. They either know not to take them to him or it's a lot of hot air. No pun... Hippo's videos - Honorary Tratterer

Post #343323 25th Feb 2018 9:34 pm
Bobupndown

United Kingdom 2014 Freelander 2 SD4 GS Auto Orkney Grey

Landrover - turning owners into mechanics since 1948

2014 Orkney grey Freelander SD4 GS.
2004 Zambezi silver Discovery 2 Td5 (Gone)
1963 Surf blue Morris Mini Minor Super de Luxe (my little toy)

Post #343356 26th Feb 2018 9:38 am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12