« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > Dealership & Sponsor Feedback > Stone lake, Halifax Indy dealer
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
O-B-Wan003

United Kingdom 2014 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Auto Santorini Black
Stone lake, Halifax Indy dealer

I’ve been looking for sometime now for a 2014 Freelander and spotted a nice Dynamic at £21,400. After a nice call with the sales guy I went back in to look at the other Freelanders I’d been viewing only to find the price had risen by around £600!!! I know sales talk can be a bit annoying but the annoying thing is he appeared very genuine. He did mention that the prices were going to increase but I actually thought, naively probably, that this was in general and not with immediate effect. Anyone else dealt with Stonelake of Halifax? Funny how you think you found the perfect car only to be given a real curve ball.........

Post #341744 7th Feb 2018 5:46 pm
MartynB

United Kingdom 2009 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Auto Zermatt Silver

They service our Freelander. They are decent people to deal with. I believe the family originally owned a couple of Main Dealer Franchises , the original Copley LandRover , and Stonelake Wakefield . They are certainly not an industrial unit type independant . You could easily think you had wandered into the main dealer next door to them . Their workshops are immaculate , and the staff have always been very helpful , even talking me through on the phone diagnostics .

That said they can only sell 4 year old cars at silly prices if people are willing to pay that price and they must know their market . If you are trading in it really doesn’t matter what the price is it’s just the bit in the middle and one serious customer will have the edge on a dozen dreamers Thumbs Up 2009 GS Auto Zermatt Silver - Sold June 21 after 10 years of ownership

2016 Subaru Outback SE 2.0 diesel SE Premium Lineartronic Sold 2024 after 8 years and 80k miles . Best Car I ever owned !

2023 Toyota Hilux invincible X 2.8 Auto .

Post #341747 7th Feb 2018 6:22 pm
O-B-Wan003

Thanks, Martyn, for sharing. I was a bit taken back by the price increase in just a few minutes from speaking with them. In fairness he appeared genuinely interested to help but kinda puts a damper on it. The other three Metropolis have been there for a while which the main reason for my interest but think I’ll keep looking at the main dealers.

Post #341754 7th Feb 2018 8:29 pm
Yorky Bob

United Kingdom 2013 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Firenze Red

In less than a month Winter is over and 2018 plates arrive and old stock in even older. Recently LR off loaded fleet cars and the FL2 market has become slightly distorted and anyone putting an extra £500 on may just catch a cold by April.

I spoke to that dealer only on Monday of this week and guess what I ascertained they are flexible on price to circa £500 off listing. Must have expected me calling then and put the price up then ! Big mistake as no long warranty and thats where LR approved used scores.

There is a cheaper low mileage car in the Scunthorpe Nissan Main Dealers used car lot but no idea if its a pup or not. FL2 MY10 TD4 GS traded in at 2 years
FL2 MY13 TD4 GS Current

Post #341755 7th Feb 2018 8:40 pm
MartynB

United Kingdom 2009 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Auto Zermatt Silver

I had a look at the Stonelake website . I must admit that they always have nicely prepared cars , but hell would freeze over before I parted with 12 grand for an 09 GS ! 2009 GS Auto Zermatt Silver - Sold June 21 after 10 years of ownership

2016 Subaru Outback SE 2.0 diesel SE Premium Lineartronic Sold 2024 after 8 years and 80k miles . Best Car I ever owned !

2023 Toyota Hilux invincible X 2.8 Auto .

Post #341757 7th Feb 2018 9:34 pm
robbyvrs

England 2014 Freelander 2 TD4 Dynamic Manual Fuji White

I've just bought a 2014 Dynamic with 42000 miles for £14995 from a big chain dealers who listed it at this price on AT but £15995 on their website - guess which price i ended up getting it for Thumbs Up
They realised the mistake but as it was advertised at the lower price they honoured it but from it taking a week to be preped and delivered to a local branch it turned into 2 weeks and now into the 3rd (should have been ready for this sat but now monday) - i suspect they are wanting me to cancel as they keep saying i can have my deposit back - then sell it for the higher price Rolling Eyes
For the £5400 saving overs the 1 you saw i can get a good warranty for piece of mind and still have plenty left over

Have you looked on Auto trader and Ebay as there are a few on there cheaper?

Post #341850 8th Feb 2018 6:01 pm
O-B-Wan003

Robby, I'm never off autotrader but wouldn't entertain ebay when buying a car. I'm beginning to wonder whether I've too many boxes to tick. Need a car thats going to last the next 10 years so being a bit fussy on mileage. Was hoping for something with less than 30k and anything so far has been a bit top end. Haven't delved into a warranty from LR for used vehicles yet. Maybe I should start! Unfortunately there is next to nothing in Northern Ireland worth even viewing so a plane ride is the best option, so keeping my options open. There's definitely a few out there to consider off main dealership, but it's taking the plunge...
Hope you get sorted and they don't mess you about too much. That's a whole other realm.

Post #341851 8th Feb 2018 6:12 pm
robbyvrs

England 2014 Freelander 2 TD4 Dynamic Manual Fuji White

Hi
when i say look on ebay i meant to say there are a lot of dealers who sell on there so you get some warranty, i didn't mean to buy 1 from a private seller although some careful owners sell on there as well.
I looked on the LR site yesterday to see about 1 of their warranties but inputting the reg number it showed "no products are available for your vehicle" Sad i'll have to look into an aftermarket 1 when the selling garage 1 runs out in 3 months (although SOG act says you have 6 months/ reasonable mileage cover

Also have a look on Parkers, Pistonheads

Post #341859 8th Feb 2018 8:19 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1