« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > Technical > dashboard
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
Hadjista

Cyprus 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Stornoway Grey
dashboard

Hi Guys and Merry christmas to all of you!!!!!!

I want to ask you if you know how i can remove the plastic in the middle of the dashboard. The one that is on the top side above the sat nav screen and exactly in the middle of the dashboard (and i think that underneath there is a speaker for the radio).
I have recently bought a 8.9 inch laptop and i want to fit it in the car so the most appropriate place is this one as it is in the middle but i dont know how i can remove the plastic cover

Thank you all in advance and i hope you have a lovely christmas Smile Freelander 2 GS TD4, Stornoway Grey, Manual, called BEAST!!!

Post #33627 26th Dec 2008 5:47 pm
FreeGreen

2007 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Manual Tonga Green

Hello Hadjista,

There is a very good description of installing a navigation system device including removal of that part of the dashboard you are referring to at another Landrover forum by "digitalgerald"

http://www.blacklandy.de/blboard/forum/sho...amp;page=8

Though it is written in German, you will see many good pictures for the whole procedure and if I understand your request well, the explanation is given on the first 2 pictures in the posting by digitalgerald from 16.03.2008 at 17:59 (page 8, at the very bottom):

Picture 1140: slightly lift the dash board part with the credit card
Picture 1141: the take your fingers and pull it towards you with some controlled flip/tug.

Good luck and Mery Christmas !

Best regards
FreeGreen

Post #33629 26th Dec 2008 6:16 pm
Hadjista

hi FreeGreen, thank you for the info but is it possible to copy me this pictures here because when i try to access the site you posted is giving me an error which i dont understand because is in german?

Thank you in advance Freelander 2 GS TD4, Stornoway Grey, Manual, called BEAST!!!

Post #33631 26th Dec 2008 6:26 pm
Frobius

United Kingdom 2009 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Manual Martinique Blue

Sorry to hijack a thread, but it is a similar question. For hadjista, to get that bit off, you need to slide a credit card or something under the front edge of the cover (near the windscreen), between the plastic of the cover and the soft material of the dash. Once you get a credit card in there, you have to pry it up a bit more with a screwdriver until you get your fingers under it. If you can get your fingers under, just pull up and towards you (as if the panel is hinged at the front) and it will pop right off. Reinstallation i just putting it in place and presing down.

As for my question - does anyone know if the covers for the speakers on either side of the dash (where windscreen meets A-pillars) are just pull off or do I have to take off something else and remove screws or something first? 09MY FL2 Td4 XS, Style Pack, Privacy Glass, Martinique Blue.. oh so very blue..

Post #33636 26th Dec 2008 10:14 pm
FreeGreen

2007 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Manual Tonga Green

Hi Hadjista,

I wished I could, but I do not know how to upload photos here. Can you advise - or send me a personal message with your e-mail address, then I shall reply with the photo story !

Regards
FreeGreen

Post #33656 28th Dec 2008 10:55 am
Hadjista

hi Guys,

Thanks for your reply. I tried several times through the weekend to remove the plastic but I couldn't manage probably because i don’t put to much pressure as i am afraid of breaking it. I will try once again today when i go home and see what i can manage. FreeGreen, no worries i managed to find some pictures showing where you need to press the plastic in order to be removed, thanks Freelander 2 GS TD4, Stornoway Grey, Manual, called BEAST!!!

Post #33689 29th Dec 2008 9:32 am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1