« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > Maintenance & Modifications > landrover freelander 2 lights
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
tynie1874

Scotland 2011 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Caspian Blue
landrover freelander 2 lights

completely new to the landrover scene, looking to upgrade my FL2 front and rear lights to newer spec led,can any one advise on the best and cheapest or maybe someone has lights to sell,
thanks

Post #330006 29th Aug 2017 3:18 pm
dennij

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Zermatt Silver

Hi there, try here as a starting point, they tend to sell a variety of parts for the Freelander 2, you may find cheaper elsewhere but make sure whatever ones you do pick are legal for use on UK roads

http://www.powerfuluk.com/vehicles/land-ro...rades.html

Post #330007 29th Aug 2017 3:36 pm
de1979

England 

Hi

You may already know all this, but as you are completely new, just some info...

I'm guessing as you say "upgrade" that your car is an older model before the LED lights began to be fitted, and you'll need some adapters from Camerons Autos to enable the DRLs which are £250.

LED fronts come in 2 varieties. The earlier ones have just the round driving lights, the later 'signature' ones have the running strip aswell. Be careful especially if buying used, as they look almost identical.

Make sure you buy UK spec lights not US or Euro. Will say "UK HAL" (halogen) or "UK HID" (xenon) on the light.

Front halogen signature lights go for around £150 per light used on ebay. Front signature xenons usually go for slightly more, plus you'd need to spend about £60 having them activated in the software.

Be aware that these later front halogen lights are quite prone to blowing bulbs!

Rear lights come up on ebay from time to time and you may strike lucky at about £100 per light, but generally they are selling for similar to what you can get them for at the dealers brand new - about £165 if memory serves - you could get a price from Dan at Duckworths who are a site sponsor. For these you'll have to do some very simple wire cutting and matching.

I have an unwanted front N/S halogen signature headlight. You are probably better off trying to source a complete pair to be honest. I bought this as a single and found a pair before I found the matching light. I'd be happy to discuss selling it to you in the "For Sale" section if you find yourself going that route.

HTH Smile

Post #330008 29th Aug 2017 4:09 pm
tynie1874

Scotland 2011 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Caspian Blue

thanks for that much appreciated

Post #330009 29th Aug 2017 4:14 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1