Home > United Kingdom > HDC Fault system unavailable...again
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
ace finan

United Kingdom 2010 Freelander 2 TD4_e Sport Manual Lago Grey
HDC Fault system unavailable...again

Hiya folks,

I know this is a common thing and probably posted many times before.

I have a 2010 freelander 2 sport le with 83k on clock

I have a "HDC Fault system unavaillable" error with ABS light on and all terrain response systems turned off etc. Seems to be intermittent, and may or may not come on at start up and may or may not come on during a drive.

A bit of background on car:
I have been previously told my battery may need replacing when I had a an eco stop/start issue but as I always turn it off wasnt bothered at time. Also 3k ago I had rear diff replaced and haldex played up for a bit but mechanic flushed it several times with oil and appeared OK for the last 3k until it starts to slip when pulling away at some junctions on turning wheel. Nothing slipping or knocking in reverse though or going straight.

Anyhoo long story short had an ABS sensor replaced on Friday as well as a service.
No light or HDC fault driving back but came back next day and intermittent again now.
Have thought it might be battery getting worse tried charging just now, but charger says ok. Strated engine with charger connected but ABS light and error still on.

So if not ABS sensor or maybe battery could it still be haldex related? I have a mind to travel down to Bell engineering and get recon haldex to hopefully sort but not sure if hdc fault and haldex are related issues.

thoughts and usual discuss based on crappy experiences to follow Smile

Ta

Post #328584 6th Aug 2017 1:12 pm
Barton Freelander

United Kingdom 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Lago Grey

Had a similar issue on my Evoque turned out i needed a need haldex pump and 4 wheel drive control unit.lucky it was fixed under warranty otherwise it was a 2k bill. Freelander2 GS TD4 Manual in Lago Grey Smile .Roof Mount DVD 9.2''Screen~Window Tints~Parrot CK3100 Bluetooth~Retro Fit Sony Satnav~iPhone Dashmount~Side Steps~Woodco Armrest~Mudflaps~Land Rover Sunglass Holder~LED Interior Lights~Private Plate.Evoque Collected 17th Sept 2012.

Also Audi TT Roadster.Smile

Post #328592 6th Aug 2017 2:03 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
ace finan

United Kingdom 2010 Freelander 2 TD4_e Sport Manual Lago Grey

cheers...whatever I need to fix it. Hopefully smaller bill than that.

Post #328596 6th Aug 2017 2:28 pm
KempoLRF2

England 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Auto Barolo Black

I just had a similar problem, turned out to be loose and torn wiring to the ECU from the 02sensor garage fixed the wires and so the garage fixed the wires and so far so good...
Although I also had cutting out issues with mine didn't cost a lot £260 for diagnostic and labour but took them 2 days to find the fault

Post #363280 7th Jan 2019 10:55 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1