Forum-Gallery-Shop-Sponsors

« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > Maintenance & Modifications > Tom tom mod please help.
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
Enerlevel

Tom tom mod please help.

Hi all,
So my freelancer 2 came with no screen upfront. I throughly read the whole post "retro tomtom sat nav". And ordered the tom start 60.
However, I bought a 3m micro USB cable and ran it all the way to the cigarette lighter. I assume the cigarette light is activated through the ignition so it should be the same as running it from f5 fuse?
Now when I insert the cig. Adapter plug, the tom starts and when I remove it, it shuts down (10 sec).
when I keep it plugged and turn off the car, the tom shuts down However when I turn on the ignition and start the car, the tom doesn't start up.... I sometimes have the press the power button at the back or even keep it pressed for 10 secs...
any idea what wrong am I doing? Thanks

Post #328554 5th Aug 2017 10:12 pm
booktrunk

United Kingdom 2010 Freelander 2 TD4_e GS Manual Stornoway Grey

I went for a Garmin, but is there a setting in the tom tom menu to auto turn on when it receives power scroll through the menu options I think it's there somewhere don't know what it's called. 2010 Freelander2 TD4_e GS
--
"Any society, any nation, is judged on the basis of how it treats its weakest members -- the last, the least, the littlest."

Post #328556 5th Aug 2017 10:23 pm
Enerlevel

hi,
yes that setting is on and when I manually plug out the usb, it does shut down and power up automatically. however when I do it through the ignition, it turns off but is not turning on...

Post #328558 5th Aug 2017 10:29 pm
booktrunk

United Kingdom 2010 Freelander 2 TD4_e GS Manual Stornoway Grey

Get a second cable if you don't want to cut up the one you have, and wire that into the fuse and see if it works? Halfords do them for £20 all ready to go into the fuse but it wasn't powerful enough for my Garmin. Might work fine for your, or buy the bits of eBay and wait a week for them to arrive Smile 2010 Freelander2 TD4_e GS
--
"Any society, any nation, is judged on the basis of how it treats its weakest members -- the last, the least, the littlest."

Post #328572 6th Aug 2017 10:01 am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1