« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > General > FL2 LE 2011
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
prezzy1982

United Kingdom 2011 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Auto Santorini Black
FL2 LE 2011

hi there I have just signed up to this site as I am in the middle of purchasing my first LR2 and I am after a bit of advise if possible. I'm looking at a FL2 LE sport tomorrow morning and I just want to know where they come in the spec of the other models like the HSE. are they better than the HSE? what sort of things should I be on the lookout for when driving/going over the car. any help will be greatly appreciated. thank you.

Post #328471 4th Aug 2017 7:25 am
dennij

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Zermatt Silver

The LE spec (Limited Edition) is quite a rare beast if what I have read is to be believed, apparently only 500 of these were ever made for the UK market (no mention of how many, if any went to other markets) Based on the basic S trim it had a few extras added :

Audio remote
Body coloured bumpers
CD
Cruise control
Front fog lights
Headlight washers
Metallic Paint
Parking sensors
Telephone

Of course the original owner could have added a number of options at the time of purchase, and according to the write up's these were only available in 2 colours

Post #328472 4th Aug 2017 7:50 am
Yorky Bob

United Kingdom 2013 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Firenze Red

Do a search Rolling Eyes as its a regular question asking what to look out for on a purchase.

They tell me as an old age pensioner there is a marvelous new toy out there called GOOGLE seem the younger generation have still to hear about it. Rolling with laughter

http://www.parkers.co.uk/land-rover/freela...006/specs/

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Land_Rover_Freelander

Oh and welcome and enjoy. Cool FL2 MY10 TD4 GS traded in at 2 years
FL2 MY13 TD4 GS Current

Post #328473 4th Aug 2017 8:30 am
prezzy1982

thanks for the help guys Very Happy I'm going to go and look at one tomorrow it an 2011 plate with 99000 miles on the clock, full service history. is there anything I should be looking out for as in mechanically?
p.s not very good myself with the internet Laughing

Post #328480 4th Aug 2017 9:47 am
prezzy1982

also is it better to go for the TD4 model or the SD4 model.......(not sure what these stand for) sorry for all the questions
Rolling Eyes

Post #328483 4th Aug 2017 10:00 am
Wil3001

Wales 2010 Freelander 2 TD4 Sport Auto Lago Grey

I have one of these a 2010 in Lago Grey apparently! On top of the items listed above it has half leather interior with the LR ‘sport’ logo embossed in 4 out of the 5 leather headrests, electric front seats, rear passenger audio controls, rear body colour spoiler but NO SatNav screen though. I also have the newer front end.
I understand the later model didn’t have some of these, not sure what’s standard and what’s extras unfortunately though

Post #328487 4th Aug 2017 10:07 am
marcusfordus

2011 Freelander 2 TD4 S Manual Zermatt Silver
Look out

I've just spent two months searching for a good one. Seen some sheds but now know what to look at.
Brakes, check disc thickness through the wheels. See if the handbrake can hold it on a slope. Electrics, try every button going make sure it still does something.
Engine, common oil leak on intercooler pipe front of engine right below dipstick. Power steering fluid on cross member, has the bottle given up or is the rack shot.
If you get to drive it find a hill to coast down that will show up any hum from the rear Haldex. Try to look under the car too. It's history is viable by the condition. You will find tons of rust on any car with its number plate starting with the letter S. It's Scottish and lived in salt. I didn't even entertain any of those !

Post #328489 4th Aug 2017 10:15 am
tenet

United Kingdom 2015 Freelander 2 SD4 SE Auto Orkney Grey

If manual (with nigh on 100k mileage) and a tow bar walk away. Clutch and DMF could be near the end of their lives. MY 09 GS manual in Lago Grey, Wood Co arm rest and side bumper strips - now sold.

MY 15 SD4 SE Auto Orkney Grey with colour coded Bumper Door Mouldings

Post #328493 4th Aug 2017 10:41 am
prezzy1982

thanks for the useful information guys. I'm looking at the auto version tomorrow so will have a good check and test drive before I commit to buying anything.

Post #328496 4th Aug 2017 11:34 am
Jack frost

United Kingdom 

Don't forget with 99k miles it will need the big cam belt water pump all oils service very soon that will set you back £700+ myself I would look for a lower miles FL2

Post #328497 4th Aug 2017 12:02 pm
prezzy1982

thanks jack frost will ask him if it has been done yet and look over the service history

Post #328500 4th Aug 2017 12:59 pm
dondiddy

United Kingdom 2012 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Manual Firenze Red

Even with a full LR service history it`s unlikely that the Timing Belt and W/P have been done as this is not due until 150,000mls or 10 years. As with any vehicle (and perhaps Land Rovers in particular) make a buying judgement based on age /mileage /condition/history/price etc and always leave a bit of your budget for repairs/servicing or new goodies! Thumbs Up

Post #328501 4th Aug 2017 1:28 pm
prezzy1982

thanks don diddy Cool

Post #328504 4th Aug 2017 2:41 pm
prezzy1982

Hi guys just a quick update. I went to look at the LE model today everything seemed fine checked everything that I was advised to check through this post and everything seemed to be fine, took it for a test run and all seemed nice and smooth, coasted it down the hill and didn't hear any strange noises or humming, the only thing that was putting me off was the high mileage!!
Was a bit surprised that it never had no panoramic roof neither did it have arm rests but was still a lovely motor! Never put a deposit it down as the high mileage was.bugging me. So back to car hunting for me! Any good sites you can put me onto? Apart from the usual fleabay!

Post #328555 5th Aug 2017 9:21 pm
marcusfordus

2011 Freelander 2 TD4 S Manual Zermatt Silver
Travel.

Be prepared to travel to look. Start close by, if they are not what you want, widen your search. I found mine on ebay. Went to view it off a list I'd made of cars to view on my day off (4th week of doing that ). Far better car than anything else I'd looked at. Left a deposit, booked a cheap one way train ticket a week later to collect. I didn't want gadgets but wanted cloth seats so made my search easier. S or GS spec. Had to have less than 80k miles and as few owners as possible.
Found a facelift 2011 £500 under my budget. They are out there it just takes time getting round them all.

Post #328585 6th Aug 2017 1:35 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1