Forum-Gallery-Shop-Sponsors

« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > My Freelander 2 > Left Freelander ownership and bought a BMW X3...
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 5 of 5 <12345
Print this entire topic · 
waitey1

United Kingdom 2014 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Manual Orkney Grey

Yes, standard 18" rims with Pirelli Verde tyres (P235/60R18 107V M&S). The ride is as I remember it but as I had 17" rims with Pirelli Scorpion ATR M&S fitted for most of my motoring its not quite the same. The main difference from The X3 is the steering I'm not having to fight it on Mways. They've taken off the hydraulic power steering rack and fitted an electomechanical system that's far too clever for its own good. Done to save fuel running the power steering pump! The recommendation for an X3 came from two friends that have cars with normal tyres and hydraulic racks.
I have bought a full sized spare for the Freelander, same design of wheel but fitted with a Pirelli Zero tyre that is the same size (235/60 R18 103V/M&S) as the Verdes.

Advice Please. Will it be OK to fit this spare with a different tread pattern and load rating for a short get you home run?
Apologies to Grumpy about including alien cars to the Forum but as good Freelander 2s become more rare do you want a Discovery Sport?

Post #357867 30th Sep 2018 10:28 am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 5 of 5 <12345