« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > Technical > Sunroof
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
DT

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 i6 HSE Auto Zermatt Silver
Sunroof

Had Freelander back at local dealer today for the sunroof recall. Returned, but the one touch operation is no longer working at all. Have checked handbook to see if this is mentioned as a function that can be activated and deactivated but cannot see anything. Does anyone know please whether this is one of those functions that can be activated through one of those procedures where you press the button a certain number of times whilst wiggling your big toe sort of arrangement?

Thanks

Drew

Post #18712 26th Apr 2008 8:34 am
npinks

United Kingdom 

are your one touch door windows working?

If not try resetting them i am sure the sunroof one touch only works if drivers door window is one touch is on Former Mod/Member, with the most post & Chicken George Arch nemesis

Post #18718 26th Apr 2008 2:15 pm
DT

Thanks npinks; one touch window function has all been fine. So far it is only the sunroof which is different. Might try re-setting windows and see if that works.

Drew

Post #18719 26th Apr 2008 4:14 pm
npinks

United Kingdom 

if it doesn't work i am sure your dealer would tell you want needs to be done over the phone Thumbs Up Former Mod/Member, with the most post & Chicken George Arch nemesis

Post #18724 26th Apr 2008 5:44 pm
SkyDive

Greece 2007 Freelander 2 i6 S Auto Sumatra Black

In the manual there is a procedure in page 128(greek manual) which is held to reprograme the sunroof if u run out of battery. --->Start the car. Press and hold the fron sunroof button for 20 secs. Afther 20 sec the sunroof will strat moving.Continue pressing the button until sunroof opens and closes. After u have copleted this procedure release the sunroof button and you are done.
Try it i think that might help with your problem. Smile
Keep us posted

Post #18733 26th Apr 2008 9:30 pm
DT

Thanks SkyDive. Like you, I read the manual this evening I saw the same thing. Tried the procedure and although the sunroof neither opened or closed as described, it did resolve the issue. For anyone else having the sunroof recall work done at a Stealers that only does half a job, you might want to note this.

DT

Post #18734 26th Apr 2008 10:13 pm
chicken george

United Kingdom 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Manual Santorini Black

why cant the dealers finish the job properly Banging Head .It was a recall so you have to go in in your time and wait while they do the work, so they should make sure everything is sorted first time! At work
At home

"I can't always believe facts I read on the web" - Charles Dickens

winner by default of the tractor vs caravan race

Post #18737 26th Apr 2008 10:34 pm
DT

My experience of motor vehicle dealers generally is that they are, in the main poor at both selling and after-sales service (admittedly my experience is limited to MG-Rover, Vauxhall and Land Rover). I've not bought from my local dealer as have on the two occasions that I've bought Land Rover shopped around for the best deals. My experience of buying the Freelander 2 has been that the dealer was, with the exception of the Parts Manager, hopeless: Sales Adviser talked rubbish; car was delivered with incorrect wheel nuts (potential to work loose according to my tyre fitter); 'incorrect' settings (one of the windows was not set to one touch); rubber door grommet missing. An excellent British product badly let down by today's typically poor British dealer customer service. The only good experience I’ve ever had was from a guy who was at Stratstone in Bury and now at Williams in Manchester: engaging, knowledgeable, and been selling British products all his life, etc.

After-sales at the local dealer is not a great experience; as well as the sunroof not being calibrated, you get a ticket saying that the car has been valeted but when you get in to drive off the wing mirror surfaces have only been half-done, etc. It looked better when it is was 100% dirty rather than 50% clean and you feel like saying, ‘please don't bother washing it if you cannot wash it properly and if you cannot wash a car well then can you service it properly?’. A feeling borne out my experience in 2006 when I had the Freelander 1 in for its three-year service: they failed to re-connect the coolant hose and I ended up the following day having to be recovered off the motorway by Green Flag together with my four-year old daughter. [npinks, this is why I’d rather try and get answers to the little niggles from people on Freel2 than call the Dealership!]

What I ideally would like to find is an independent or family-run Dealership that concentrates on properly selling Land Rovers rather than selling Land Rovers, Bavarian Sierras and all the other shiny characterless trash that this country insists on importing. Short of appearing on Life on Mars I suspect I’m stuck with having to experience sub-standard customer service. It must be depressing to be working in Halewood, turning out a world beating product knowing that the Dealerships in your own country are often under-performing.

Anyone recommend a good Dealership for after-sales service in or around Manchester?

DT

Post #18752 27th Apr 2008 8:38 am
ChrisC

United Kingdom 

I have had first hand experience of dealers from Ford, Seat, VW, Vauxhall/Open (worldwide), Audi, BMW, Mini, Honda, Renault, Fiat, MG Rover both inside from working with the manufacture on Call Centre Systems and owning the cars. My Land Rover experience has just started so its to early to say.

I have two examples of issues which prevent good Customer Service, both are set by commercial targets, I am sure there are many more.

1, The dealer is targeted on warranty work by new car sales. A good dealer (in the manufactures eyes) is a dealer that sells lots of cars but has small warranty claims. You can often tell a dealer that has over done it on warranty claims in a quarter, they often start the "They all do that sir" routine. You might find (and I have) on dealer wants to ignore a gearbox problem, another dealer down the road changed it no problem.

2, The mechanics/fitters earn bonus based on their hourly rate so a mechanic that can carry out 2 services in 1 hour, where the dealer can charge an hour for each service has higher wages, but this obviously leads to sunroof resets not being performed properly some of the times.

Chris.

Post #18757 27th Apr 2008 9:49 am
SkyDive

Greece 2007 Freelander 2 i6 S Auto Sumatra Black

Thumbs Up

Post #18793 27th Apr 2008 8:56 pm
Quagmire

Canada 2007 LR2 i6 HSE Auto Tambora Flame

I had a problem with the one-touch close/open not functioning properly on my sunroof. LR replaced the sunroof control mechanism (motor and all) to fix it. This problem didn't seem to be related to any service LR had done. It just started happening one day.

Post #18857 28th Apr 2008 7:56 pm
sid

England 2009 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Manual Stornoway Grey

old post but might help someone,one touch not working,cure new runners ,alloy expanded under plastic coating,causing resistance

Post #307978 28th Sep 2016 8:54 pm
Algebal

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Manual Indus Silver
Sorry to drag up an old post

so i have sent my car in for a service/mot and the sunroof worked with one touch no problem. on its return... the sunroof opens but i have to hold the button down all the time.....
i have tried the rest that is in the handbook but it doesnt seem to work. reading here when pressing and holding the button the sunroof delays before opening.... yet mine just opens straight away.

Im not sure if its a fault with the sunroof itself as it opens and closes fine if i hold the button. \just do not understand why the reset doesnt seem to work? Sad

Confused Freelander 2 owner

Post #325952 25th Jun 2017 11:33 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1