« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > Technical > 2 WEEKS IN
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
JMMYM

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Manual Stornoway Grey
2 WEEKS IN

Have had my TD4 XS for 2 weeks now - pretty good on the whole but a few features on the car irritate me - wonder if other people agree. Firstly, the auto wipers are pretty much useless - either too fast or too slow - much prefer good old variable intermittents. Secondly, lack of drivers footrest for clutch foot - mine has a beige carpet where foot rests - how long before this is black/worn out. Gearchange into second is notchier than the few other higher mileage TD4s I've driven, this may just be stiffness due to being new and ease with time - I hope. Finally - luggage load cover isn't exactly a bespoke fit to the tailgate - still possible to see into boot in daylight or with a torch in the dark - something not possible with my previous Audi Avant. Other than these minor gripes I'm pretty pleased with it. Oh forgot to mention the parking sensor volume - like other people I find the volume pretty weedy - maybe they can't have it too loud because of the H & S brigade saying it might damage passenger's hearing!!

Post #2088 22nd Mar 2007 2:09 pm
The Villager

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Manual Stornoway Grey
Re: 2 WEEKS IN

JMMYM wrote:
Have had my TD4 XS for 2 weeks now - pretty good on the whole but a few features on the car irritate me - wonder if other people agree. Firstly, the auto wipers are pretty much useless - either too fast or too slow - much prefer good old variable intermittents. Secondly, lack of drivers footrest for clutch foot - mine has a beige carpet where foot rests - how long before this is black/worn out. Gearchange into second is notchier than the few other higher mileage TD4s I've driven, this may just be stiffness due to being new and ease with time - I hope. Finally - luggage load cover isn't exactly a bespoke fit to the tailgate - still possible to see into boot in daylight or with a torch in the dark - something not possible with my previous Audi Avant. Other than these minor gripes I'm pretty pleased with it. Oh forgot to mention the parking sensor volume - like other people I find the volume pretty weedy - maybe they can't have it too loud because of the H & S brigade saying it might damage passenger's hearing!!

Hi Jmmym-- It will pay you to buy a set of rubber mats to protect your carpet ( I think they should be supplied). I agree the luggage cover is very cheap item and as you say not a good fit. I have no complaint with sensor volume. With your wipers these will adjust on speed to suit you, I love them
Keep enjoying your car ( better news than expected on the road tax)
David David

Post #2089 22nd Mar 2007 3:57 pm
JMMYM

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Manual Stornoway Grey

I've got OE rubber mats fitted David, it's the raised part to the left where you have a tendency to rest your clutch foot that isn't protected. Every other car I've owned (much cheaper too I might add) has had a plastic/rubber foot rest here to protect the carpet from wear. I never noticed it on demo car because it had dark carpets but mine are beige so more apparent. Bit of a clanger by LR in my opinion because a lot of people will be driving in boots, wellies etc and carpet will soon get hammered in this area.

Post #2090 22nd Mar 2007 4:48 pm
The Villager

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Manual Stornoway Grey

Sorry, you have a good point, L/R should look at the problem
Enjoy your car
David David

Post #2095 22nd Mar 2007 10:08 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1