« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > General > Cloimate control/air con
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
Phil S

Cloimate control/air con

Hi

We're heading off on hols next week, Italy, Switzerland & France and with the temps we're having, we don't want to boil in the car.

The climate control works ok, cold but not overly so.

Question is will an air coin re-charge work in the Freelander ??

It worked in my wife's mini, but it has a separate air con button, whereas the Freelander doesn't.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Cheers
Phil

Post #325636 21st Jun 2017 1:45 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Lightwater

Ukraine 2013 Freelander 2 2.0T SE Auto Fuji White

In southern France a few years ago we had day after day of 43°C. Take some light coloured umbrellas & or hats, straw & well ventilated. I have one of these, they are light on your head, a little bit too flexible, but it is the best one I have found to date, & you can squash it up.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/DORFMAN-PACIFIC-bo...2084474913
In the water due to the extreme heat with a fly net to survive:

Click image to enlarge

I can't comment on the re-charge, but I think the AC in the Freelander is fairly ordinary.

My 18 year old Seat Ibiza had brilliant AC till the last day I had it. It would freeze the nuts off a brass monkey! I always turned it off for a few seconds off at the lights as the AC was a big anchor on the 44kW engine. On the other hand it was great for hill decent control long before I know any of this stuff existed!

Get a couple of windscreen sun shades.
Click image to enlarge
 Procrastination, mankind's greatest labour saving device!

Acoustic insulation ARB TPMS 3xARB air compressors After cooler Air tank On-board OCD pressure air/water cleaning Additional 50L fuel Carpet in doors ABE 2x1kg Waeco 28L modified fridge Battery 4x26ah Solar 120w Victron MPPT 100/20 DC-DC 18amps 175amp jumper plug Awning 6x255/60R18

Post #325638 21st Jun 2017 5:42 am
RogB

England 2013 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Lux Auto Santorini Black

Yes an aircon recharge will work exactly the same as any other car, anywhere between £25 and £50 normally.

Climate is just a way of setting exact temperature and the sensors in the car work out where to direct the cold/hot air where most needed, as opposed to straight air con which blows it equally out all vents all the time.

In the FL2 it is dual zone climate meaning passenger and driver can set their own temperature up to about a 5 deg difference IIRC.

Post #325643 21st Jun 2017 7:25 am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1