Forum-Gallery-Shop-Sponsors

« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > General > Seriously considering a Freelander 2... but!
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 5 of 5 <12345
Print this entire topic · 
Adam83

Scotland 

MartynB wrote:

At the risk of upsetting our resident N.Yorks poultry guru Rolling with laughter , go have a look at a Subaru Outback. It's an ideal multi-purpose estate car ( note not an SUV ). Same ground clearance as a Freelander. It's got much better driving characteristics than the Freelander due to having a low centre of gravity (flat boxer engine) less body roll, and more advanced electronics for stability and vector braking, plus the famous Subaru full time symmetrical AWD, none of this Haldex front wheel most of the time nonsense. Last year Subaru UK dropped the manual versions of the car from its range offering Auto only , so there are some real bargain ex demo and ex Subaru fleet cars about in that spec.

Yeah, I've had a look at these and although they may well be a more sensible option they just don't float my boat. Thanks though... I like a 4wd to look like/or look close to a classic 4wd, but apart from anything else the approach/departure angles look like they would be very shallow on the Subaru...

I rate Nissan, I drive a Navara pick up for work, and it's a beast which gets put through it's paces. I wouldn't mind a pathfinder but it's more expensive to run than a freelander 2... on paper anyway... The new x trail looks ok ish to me, but again looks like it has a pretty crap approach angle.

Post #326629 6th Jul 2017 10:43 am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 5 of 5 <12345