Forum-Gallery-Shop-Sponsors

« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > General > Seriously considering a Freelander 2... but!
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 3 of 5 <12345>
Print this entire topic · 
RogB

England 2013 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Lux Auto Santorini Black

following that link to the autotrader ad shows a 'black' edition for 15390 but if you click on the dealer link that car isn't on the dealer website.
the cheapest one there is GS spec auto for about 1k more that the black edition. Seems like a good price with the LR warranty and assist package.

Bear in mind that from MY13 onwards they facelifted the whole dashboard, so you have a digital dashboard in front of you, radio display separate to the head unit, electronic park/hand break, and the terrain response went from being dial in front of the gear stick to a row of buttons behind it.

Post #325478 19th Jun 2017 12:05 pm
Lightwater

Ukraine 2013 Freelander 2 2.0T SE Auto Fuji White

Adam83 wrote:
This appears to have a bit more, although the terrain response buttons might just be for show?

I have really only tried it a few times in outback NSW. The red dust (when dry) road was like driving on a bar of wet soap. The car actually works very well in the default mode. But it does do appropriate things for slippery roads & different terrain. It changes the throttle response, steering & other things. But, if you are 1000 km from fuel supplies you need to watch your consumption, so put the car back to default asap. Procrastination, mankind's greatest labour saving device!

Acoustic insulation ARB TPMS 3xARB air compressors After cooler Air tank On-board OCD pressure air/water cleaning Additional 50L fuel Carpet in doors ABE 2x1kg Waeco 28L modified fridge Battery 4x26ah Solar 120w Victron MPPT 100/20 DC-DC 18amps 175amp jumper plug Awning 6x255/60R18

Post #325479 19th Jun 2017 12:06 pm
Adam83

Scotland 

Perhaps it sold. This one is tempting but it's bloody far away from me....

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/adv...amp;page=1

Post #325481 19th Jun 2017 12:26 pm
Yorky Bob

United Kingdom 2013 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Firenze Red

Adam83 wrote:
This appears to have a bit more, although the terrain response buttons might just be for show? It is also listed as having hill descent control, although it would obviously be wise to have all specs confirmed...

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/adv...amp;page=2

2 year full LR extended warranty seems on offer but also needs a recent B service before I would part with money for it. Yes the Halogens are useless and I often use my fogs that this one does not have. FL2 MY10 TD4 GS traded in at 2 years
FL2 MY13 TD4 GS Current

Post #325482 19th Jun 2017 12:32 pm
Lightwater

Ukraine 2013 Freelander 2 2.0T SE Auto Fuji White

Adam83 wrote:
Perhaps it sold. This one is tempting but it's bloody far away from me....

I travelled 275 km to get mine, there & then back, once to look & then again to buy, 1100 km in total! I wanted white & petrol, & not black leather (3rd degree burns in Australia) & there were not any of them left! Procrastination, mankind's greatest labour saving device!

Acoustic insulation ARB TPMS 3xARB air compressors After cooler Air tank On-board OCD pressure air/water cleaning Additional 50L fuel Carpet in doors ABE 2x1kg Waeco 28L modified fridge Battery 4x26ah Solar 120w Victron MPPT 100/20 DC-DC 18amps 175amp jumper plug Awning 6x255/60R18

Post #325486 19th Jun 2017 1:02 pm
Adam83

Scotland 

Aye well, that particular one was 500 miles from me, so 1000 miles to go and pick it up. Not impossible by any means but I wouldn't want to make the trip without having viewed it/driven it first. Anyway, I've just found it it's been sold today, so that's off the table! Not surprised that a 2014 XS with 24K on the clock went so quickly when priced at 16K...

I'm not in any great hurry anyhow, although would be very tempted if a great offer came up. I'm either going to sell my Duster in the next few months with a years balance of warranty to tempt potential buyers, or use it for another year to benefit from warranty myself, whilst saving up in the mean time...

Post #325488 19th Jun 2017 1:14 pm
Adam83

Scotland 

Is it common to get nasty bills having to get luxury gadgets/toys repaired in higher spec models or are they fairly reliable?

Post #325489 19th Jun 2017 1:18 pm
dondiddy

United Kingdom 2012 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Manual Firenze Red

Sorry the XS was sold so quickly but just for info a lot of the big franchises will offer to move a vehicle you are interested in closed to a dealer near you. Lookers who had the XS will do it although its not really mentioned on their website that I can see. It normally means leaving a couple of hundred pounds as a refundable deposit to deter timewasters. In Scotland Lookers trade as Taggarts Thumbs Up

Post #325491 19th Jun 2017 1:31 pm
RogB

England 2013 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Lux Auto Santorini Black

LR will move any approved used vehicle to any dealer, subject to a returnable deposit, no obligation to buy.

Post #325494 19th Jun 2017 1:44 pm
Adam83

Scotland 

Yes, I had wondered about asking them this but wasn't sure if they would do it. Too late on that one now, but well worth bearing in mind thanks!

Post #325495 19th Jun 2017 1:46 pm
Adam83

Scotland 

I got a chance to have a listen to the LR 80W sound system in a GS last week.

Erm... no offence to any GS owners, but I can't believe such an expensive car would carry such a poor sound system. Fine if you are not fussed about sound quality or usually listen to the radio, and at the end of the day you can hear the music fine. But I love my music (all sorts of genres) and as a trained sound tech, I can say hand on heart that the sound system that comes in the Duster is far superior. I tested the GS with a track I know well, checked the EQ, listened to it flat, then tried cutting/boosting bass/treble (no mid range boost/cut). Still crap unfortunately. Sounds as if there is a band-pass filter boosting everything between about 200Hz and 3KHz with a tiny bit of volume either side for bass/treble. I wasn't expecting anything amazing but I didn't expect it to be as bad as that!

XS seems like the one for me, although I would still like to listen to the 380W Meridian at some point.

Still in no hurry, still frightened of nasty bills, but still want to try one at some point....

Thanks again for all the help Smile

Post #326414 2nd Jul 2017 11:47 am
tenet

United Kingdom 2015 Freelander 2 SD4 SE Auto Orkney Grey

Parks of Inverness have an XS for sale .

http://www.parks.inverness.landrover.co.uk...cles/stock MY 09 GS manual in Lago Grey, Wood Co arm rest and side bumper strips - now sold.

MY 15 SD4 SE Auto Orkney Grey with colour coded Bumper Door Mouldings

Post #326417 2nd Jul 2017 12:26 pm
Adam83

Scotland 

Cheers, although I'm keeping an eye out for something up to 30K miles-ish and preferably a manual - Although I'm open to auto as well...

Post #326419 2nd Jul 2017 2:23 pm
Yorky Bob

United Kingdom 2013 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Firenze Red

Erm... no offence to any GS owners, but I can't believe such an expensive car would carry such a poor sound system

Its a work horse not a Censored mobile disco. A GS owner Rolling Eyes FL2 MY10 TD4 GS traded in at 2 years
FL2 MY13 TD4 GS Current

Post #326432 2nd Jul 2017 7:27 pm
JulesK

Wales 2014 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Firenze Red

I was thinking the same myself there Bob Very Happy Saying that I never have radio on when driving so it wouldn't matter to me.

ps, nice plug for here on Honest John Laughing

Adam83, May I ask what type Dacia have you got and how do you find it in general? eg, comfort , on/off road , etc.

Diolch. If it wasn't so bad it'd be funny.

🐑
Freelander 2 HSE auto 2014 ( Florrie ) ..... Try again.
Freelander 2 GS 2012...... Gone.

Post #326453 3rd Jul 2017 7:24 am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 3 of 5 <12345>