Forum-Gallery-Shop-Sponsors

« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > In Car Electronics > Sat nav screen - what are they for?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
Solly619

United Kingdom 2010 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Auto Ipanema Sand
Sat nav screen - what are they for?

Hi all been awhile since I came on here, and usually find what I'm looking for, but does anyone know what the 2 round ones on the back of the screen are for? Just took it apart to see if I cou fit a CarPlay stereo but I just found out I have a "premium" system... Censored

Thanks in advance Smile

Post #238047 16th Oct 2014 4:45 pm
Legoman

United Kingdom 

The two round ones are for FAKRA cables.

Post #238052 16th Oct 2014 5:48 pm
Solly619

Thanks, but what goes/plugs into them?

Post #238053 16th Oct 2014 6:02 pm
Legoman

United Kingdom 

They are AV wires basically. A Satnav would use them, likewise a revering camera or even the more basic form of onscreen display that you get, that sort of thing. Did you remove the cable from it or is it bare as in the photo?

If bare, then I doubt if you plugged something into it, then whatever it was would worked. The chances are the full connections aren't there's and it won't be enabelled in the CCF.

I suspect it's just a part LR had to hand when making the vehicle. You'll find remnants like this in most cars.

Try looking at the Topix web site or getting a day pass to let you see what's what.

Post #238057 16th Oct 2014 7:06 pm
Solly619

Thanks again, they were bare, I notice them when I took it apart to see what system I had cos I wanted to change the stereo, but alas I can not....

Post #238070 16th Oct 2014 10:26 pm
Legoman

United Kingdom 

The factory stereo isn't one I'd change. It's integrated into the cars systems. Could run a piggy back, but finding the space for its a problem, maybe the glove compartment?

Post #238075 16th Oct 2014 10:58 pm
Sertac

Turkey 2010 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Auto Alaska White

Legoman wrote:
They are AV wires basically. A Satnav would use them, likewise a revering camera or even the more basic form of onscreen display that you get, that sort of thing. Did you remove the cable from it or is it bare as in the photo?

If bare, then I doubt if you plugged something into it, then whatever it was would worked. The chances are the full connections aren't there's and it won't be enabelled in the CCF.

I suspect it's just a part LR had to hand when making the vehicle. You'll find remnants like this in most cars.

Try looking at the Topix web site or getting a day pass to let you see what's what.

Hello,

Has anyone tried to feed those fakra inputs from AV resources?

My original sat nav has also two bare fakra inputs and I would really like to know how I can get them working.

P.s. When I had removed my satnav to fix airvent tabs, I was surprised to find out that no cables were connected to those fakra inputs as I thought one of them should have been for gps antenna. Don't we have a gps antenna?

Post #399995 16th Nov 2020 4:28 pm
mdpslm

United Kingdom 2014 Freelander 2 SD4 Metropolis LE Auto Santorini Black

GPS antenna connects to SatNav unit under seat.

I would not think the Fakra inputs are usable when OEM code running in normal mode, might be usable when in engineering mode - anyone else have any input on htis?

Post #400000 16th Nov 2020 6:30 pm
Sertac

Turkey 2010 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Auto Alaska White

Legoman wrote:

Hi,

Today I took out the sat nav unit to find out if I could feed any video through those fakras.

I used a reversing camera, given electric through reading lights, and an AV-to-Fakra connector.

However, nothing has happened. As far as I understand, those inputs somehow need to be activated- perhaps ccf.

Post #401688 26th Dec 2020 4:24 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1