« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > Maintenance & Modifications > temperamental start /HDC fault
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
ricky64

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Stornoway Grey
temperamental start /HDC fault

Had my F2 for coming up to 2 years 125k on the clock, From day 1 its had the temperamental starting issue, always starts but sometimes when you press the button digi display goes blank and you have to wait for it to reboot and it takes a second press of the button for it to start then you get the HDC fault but its always started and never let me down, Swapped battery, added additional earth etc etc but its never resolved the issue and i just got used to it and assumed it was a software issue.
3 weeks ago i had my diagnostics plugged in and happened to end up in the BCU (body control unit) which i have never checked before,read the fault codes and found about 6 or 7 relating to comms and dash amongst others, didn't really take much notice as i'm aware the previous owner had had replacement fob dock, steering lock and a few other parts so its likely the garage had unplugged various looms whilst working on it, potentially causing additional faults to be logged and assumed no body had bothered to clear any fault codes.
I cleared all the faults and from that point onward the starting issue has gone, starts instantly first time every time, have given it 3 weeks to make sure its not coincidence and tonight iv plugged in again and none of the faults have returned.
Worth a check if you have the same sort of issues.
Cant explain why other than the old " nowt as queer as landrover electronics" saying

Post #323874 23rd May 2017 9:51 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1