« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > Off Topic > Formula E
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
Steve D

United Kingdom 
Formula E

On telly now. Is it just me or does anyone else find it extremely dull? I know some people don't like Formula 1 but at least there's some noise, higher speeds, team tactics and a whiff of petrol. Best they can hope for is that the battery doesn't go flat! Past: FL2 TD4 HSE Auto
Evoque SD4 Dynamic Lux Auto
Present: Audi A3 S Line.

Post #323335 13th May 2017 1:53 pm
bxzx16v

England 2012 Freelander 2 SD4 Sport Auto Barolo Black

Can't beat Btcc for action .

Mark 2009 FL2 TD4 SE (Sadly gone)
2007 FL2 TD4 GS (The wifes , gone after 8 great years)
2012 FL2 SD4 SPORT LE(Gone and missing it)
2015 DISCOVERY SPORT 2.2SD4 HSE (For now ?)
2014 Ford Bmax 1.0 ecoboost ( Gone but what next )
2014 Ford Focus 2.0tdci Zetec S

Post #323339 13th May 2017 3:55 pm
Largered

Formula E is the ultimate future ........ I'm a man of the past ...... and watch F1 each weekend its on. Also been to a race at Monaco, sadly disappointing, as I watched the 'jumbotron' screens more than the race, as you only get a field of view of less than 3 seconds.

Post #323341 13th May 2017 3:57 pm
Steve D

United Kingdom 

Oh Censored . It's always been on my bucket list to see the Monaco GP. Was going to go this year but we're on holiday at the time as we have to have our holidays in the half term due to work commitments. Not worth the money then? Past: FL2 TD4 HSE Auto

Post #323343 13th May 2017 4:08 pm
Largered

The Monaco ticket was a 'Special' birthday present from my girls. I was on the French Med coast for 2 months anyway.

On the day of the race, last minute tickets were selling for a little as Euro25 !!!

As for value for money ..... every penny !!! ..... I enjoyed the atmosphere ...... you cant buy that ...... you don't get that on TV either.

Post #323345 13th May 2017 4:46 pm
chicken george

United Kingdom 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Manual Santorini Black

I went to Monaco GP on the cheap in the early 90's, camping in Antibes, train to Monaco on race day, then around £5 for the chance to sit on a steep slope overlooking the harbour, so hot our beers was warm in minutes,

grand few days out with the lads

the most memorable moment -we met some Germans in a bar, my mate greeted them like lost buddies, saying 'I remember you. your dad bombed our chip shop'.

Then the local French train drivers went on strike we were stranded with many many others on the platform at Monaco, so we hopped on a posh Paris train and got off at Antibes, only then did I remind my mates that I had an interail pass in my pocket, They drove down and met me in Nice, Id been on a tour Amsterdam Munich Rome etc etc

I forget the year but Mansel wiped his car out in the chicane just after the tunnel.

And and the girl at a souvenir stand had the hottest hot pants ever, so us and most other redblooded males kept buying things that caused her to turn and bend over to pickup. sweet memories Thumbs Up At work
At home

"I can't always believe facts I read on the web" - Charles Dickens

winner by default of the tractor vs caravan race

Post #323348 13th May 2017 6:41 pm
Steve D

United Kingdom 

Past: FL2 TD4 HSE Auto

Post #323349 13th May 2017 6:56 pm
SYFL2

2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Stornoway Grey

I don't mind FE at all good for Channel 5 for covering it,F1 messed up with regulations years ago when new rules meant the cars didn't sound like F1 cars anymore,it lost something for me.

Post #323351 14th May 2017 5:49 am
j77

Scotland 

Formula 1 is getting just as dull, races are all won and lost in the pits or relying on safety cars coming out, no real racing whatsoever.

As battery tech improves so will Formula E 21MY Defender 90 S 3.0 D200

Post #323356 14th May 2017 10:13 am
MartynB

United Kingdom 2009 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Auto Zermatt Silver

The big boys will be out to play on the Isle of Man soon. I'll be glued to ITV 4 . Of all the motor sports in the world the TT is the most visceral. If you stand on the end of a closed off road , or sit in a hedge, and have a bike come past at pushing 200mph it is not just a spectating event, it's awesome , sucks the air out of your lungs and shatters your eardrums. Louis " earring" Hamilton ... give me John McGuiness any day Thumbs Up

Ps the Electric Bikes in TT zero are lapping at 100 average, but I'll take the 1000cc superbikes on open pipes all day long ! 2009 GS Auto Zermatt Silver - Sold June 21 after 10 years of ownership

2016 Subaru Outback SE 2.0 diesel SE Premium Lineartronic Sold 2024 after 8 years and 80k miles . Best Car I ever owned !

2023 Toyota Hilux invincible X 2.8 Auto .

Post #323357 14th May 2017 10:25 am
Bobfog

2013 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Lux Auto Santorini Black

Currently at Monaco. Have been for a few days. The racing can be a bit of a disappointment as mentioned above, but the whole experience and atmosphere is well worth the visit!

Post #323359 14th May 2017 11:26 am
Steve D

United Kingdom 

Been to Monaco three times and was hoping to at least walk/drive/ride the circuit but it was closed on all three occasions! First was in 2009 when we were on a cruise and it was shut off because of the tour de France, then another time on my motorcycle couple of weeks before the GP - shut off as they were setting up, then the following year a couple of weeks after the GP - still shut off as they were dismantling all the stands and barriers etc. Big Cry Past: FL2 TD4 HSE Auto

Post #323362 14th May 2017 12:22 pm
english yeoman

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Manual Santorini Black

I did a lap of the track in my hire car whilst on holiday in Juan les Pins (where do you go to my lovely!)

Took me 24 minutes - the wife timed me!

I missed a turn to take me down to the hairpin and immediately after, rocketed down into (what I thought was) the tunnel and ended up in a multi-storey car park!

Not my finest driving moment.

Also got flashed by a speed camera on my way home and expecting the Monte Carlo fine to be a lot higher than the usual £30, I immediately paid off the credit card I'd used to hire the car and cancelled it to avoid any huge fine to be charged to it!

Happy times!!! Cool

Post #325177 15th Jun 2017 9:55 am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1