« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > General > Resale values
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
dorsetfreelander

United Kingdom 2014 Freelander 2 SD4 XS Auto Loire Blue
Resale values

Having just changed my 2011 FL2 I was interested to find out what happened to it. With the help of Auto trader I eventually found it at a garage in London on sale for £2k more than I got as trade in at a main dealer. At nearly 80k it was clearly not going to go on the LR dealer's forecourt but it's interesting that the LR dealer would have passed it on and made a few £100 at least then the final dealer hasn't got a lot of margin to play with after an MOT, valeting, warranty, service etc and VAT. Given that they might clear £1k on it after some time sitting on the forecourt it's clearly quite a low margin business with not much haggle room for a prospective buyer. 3 x FL1 2 manual + 1 auto
5 x FL2 4 manual + 1 auto
Now Discovery Sport P250 MHEV SE

Post #322169 24th Apr 2017 9:31 am
MartynB

United Kingdom 2009 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Auto Zermatt Silver

The bit you are assuming there of course is that the dealer sold it at the same as or more than he paid you for it. They may well have achieved their target on the entire deal with you depending on how much the car you bought from stood them at. I get this drummed into me by a pal who used to be a car salesman . 2009 GS Auto Zermatt Silver - Sold June 21 after 10 years of ownership

2016 Subaru Outback SE 2.0 diesel SE Premium Lineartronic Sold 2024 after 8 years and 80k miles . Best Car I ever owned !

2023 Toyota Hilux invincible X 2.8 Auto .

Post #322176 24th Apr 2017 10:33 am
Steve D

United Kingdom 

Yep, it's the 'price to change' that's all important. You may have got what you felt was reasonable on your car but paid full screen price for your new motor. Depending on the car you were buying, if you were going as a cash (or even finance) buyer, you may have negotiated £2K off your new car anyway. Past: FL2 TD4 HSE Auto
Evoque SD4 Dynamic Lux Auto
Present: Audi A3 S Line.

Post #322177 24th Apr 2017 10:39 am
RogB

England 2013 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Lux Auto Santorini Black

due to the issues I had with my Evoque I ended up getting my current FL2 for almost £3k under the screen price.... and that was with them fitting new pads all round and 4 new Nexen Nfera RU1 tyres, service, etc

I didn't get a very good price for the Evoque though but the overall deal leaves me no worse off but with a newer, lower mileage, higher spec car.

I dread to think what will happen to the Evoque but good luck to the new buyer !

Post #322179 24th Apr 2017 10:52 am
dorsetfreelander

United Kingdom 2014 Freelander 2 SD4 XS Auto Loire Blue

Interesting comment about finance, they did actually say that they could give me a bit more on my trade in if I took some finance, even if I paid it off the next day. So I took some at 6% apr. I can do a lot better than that with my investments anyway so will probably stick with it. 3 x FL1 2 manual + 1 auto
5 x FL2 4 manual + 1 auto
Now Discovery Sport P250 MHEV SE

Post #322181 24th Apr 2017 11:03 am
Yorky Bob

United Kingdom 2013 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Firenze Red

The guy selling your old car Dorset may get a nice kick back selling finance and add ons on top of any screen price. FL2 MY10 TD4 GS traded in at 2 years
FL2 MY13 TD4 GS Current

Post #322188 24th Apr 2017 12:33 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1