« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > General > Orkney grey rear spoiler
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
Benhoss

United Kingdom 2013 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Lux Auto Orkney Grey
Orkney grey rear spoiler

Afternoon all, new to the forum just switched from D4 to freelander hse lux 2013 in Orkney grey. Looking to put rear spoiler on her, have found pre painted one in Stornaway grey & lots in just primer to get painted. Would I get away with a Stornaway one or is there too much difference to the Orkney grey ?? Can't find any colour charts to compare the 2.

Post #322025 22nd Apr 2017 2:33 pm
dorsetfreelander

United Kingdom 2014 Freelander 2 SD4 XS Auto Loire Blue

Well my latest FL2 has a rear spoiler already fitted and I don't know what it's there for. In my opinion I don't think it improves the looks and it makes absolutely no difference to the back window getting mucky. 3 x FL1 2 manual + 1 auto
5 x FL2 4 manual + 1 auto
Now Discovery Sport P250 MHEV SE

Post #322027 22nd Apr 2017 3:01 pm
rnlisg

England 2013 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Auto Santorini Black
Re: Orkney grey rear spoiler

Benhoss wrote:
Afternoon all, new to the forum just switched from D4 to freelander hse lux 2013 in Orkney grey. Looking to put rear spoiler on her, have found pre painted one in Stornaway grey & lots in just primer to get painted. Would I get away with a Stornaway one or is there too much difference to the Orkney grey ?? Can't find any colour charts to compare the 2.

most paint shops will spray it for you at a reasonable price due to it being off the car,they are very easy to fit as well.i like a lot of others like them so fitted it,all down to personal taste,cost about £60 on fleabay,had a colour match done(santorinin black)and sprayed it myself Thumbs Up

Post #322038 22nd Apr 2017 4:34 pm
Arctic

United Kingdom 2014 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Auto Orkney Grey
Re: Orkney grey rear spoiler

Quote:
Benhoss wrote:

I thought they came a colour code ? I am also thinking of fitting one, but have heard or read that aftermarket ones are not a straight fit and have to be adjusted a bit.

do you or other members have a good link for a good spoiler supplier that have been used, therefore know that the spoiler is a good fit please.

Post #322320 26th Apr 2017 9:18 am
Steve D

United Kingdom 

I would imagine there are more aftermarket rear spoilers fitted than OE ones. Ever seen a dodgy one? Past: FL2 TD4 HSE Auto
Evoque SD4 Dynamic Lux Auto
Present: Audi A3 S Line.

Post #322324 26th Apr 2017 9:29 am
rnlisg

Spoiler

Hi Arctic
I got mine from this seller on eBay fastlanestyling-europeltd. They are currently £59.99 free delivery,they have sold 295 of them,go to eBay and type in freelander 2 rear spoiler,it will come straight up.
Once sprayed it took 10mins to fit,my mate along the road got one as well.it does need 2 pairs of hands to keep it straight when fitting.
Cheers
Sandy Thumbs Up gone
P38 v8 auto no problems,great howle from exhausts when giving it welly
Td5 auto head gasket,no5 pot not uncommon but good car.
1st Tdv6s manual epb problem fixed under warranty(stealer said"never heard of this before,i suggested he looked at d3 forum.
2nd Tdv6 se auto epb
3rd Tdv6 xs auto 2008,swmbo,s favourite.

Post #322326 26th Apr 2017 9:44 am
RogB

England 2013 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Lux Auto Santorini Black

I got mine for a previous FL2 I had from Powerfuluk.... good quality ABS plastic in primer. Sprayed up by a body shop and quick to fit.

in response to the OP question about Orkney and Stornaway grey.... they are very different.

Orkney grey is more of a bluey grey while Stornoway is a lot darker grey

Post #322327 26th Apr 2017 10:54 am
weekender

2012 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Manual Baltic Blue

dorsetfreelander wrote:
Well my latest FL2 has a rear spoiler already fitted and I don't know what it's there for. In my opinion I don't think it improves the looks and it makes absolutely no difference to the back window getting mucky.

but does it increase the downforce and why do you think a 6 inch piece of plastic or grp or whatever will stop your back window from getting mucky, or do you have a very small back window Ner Ner

Post #322437 27th Apr 2017 5:11 pm
Arctic

United Kingdom 2014 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Auto Orkney Grey
Re: Spoiler

Quote:
rnlisg wrote:
Hi Arctic
I got mine from this seller on eBay fastlanestyling-europeltd. They are currently £59.99 free delivery,they have sold 295 of them,go to eBay and type in freelander 2 rear spoiler,it will come straight up.
Once sprayed it took 10mins to fit,my mate along the road got one as well.it does need 2 pairs of hands to keep it straight when fitting.
Cheers
Sandy Thumbs Up

HI Sandy.
Thank you for the link spoiler arrived this Morning ready to be painted, therefore a couple of questions to those that have fitted the spoiler please.

The spoiler arrived in a grey colour, therefore is it ready for a top coat right away or is it best to add a plastic primer to it first before adding the solid main colour.

Now to the fittings it cam with two sticky pads, two brackets one holed, there are also two pieces of black plastic strips about 8" long with a middle peg does anyone know what these are used for ? cheers Arctic

Post #322570 29th Apr 2017 10:21 am
rnlisg

hi arctic
I wet and dryed it first,then sprayed plastic primer,then w/dry again,then undercoat,another w/dry,then 3 coats of topcoat.kept indoors overnight to dry it properly.
you should be able to see how the 3m pads fit but don't remove the backing on the car side until you are ready to fit it.clean the part of the tailgate where the 3m tape will fit with spirit,i used some gin on a clean piece of rag to get any wax etc off.
ref the 2 brackets they screw into the 2 holes either side of spoiler to help clamp it on.i fitted these on loosely so when I removed the film of tape that covers the 3m and pushed the spoiler into place (2 man job)you can then lift the tailgate up enough to line up the brackets and pinch the screws tight.
I don't know what the 2 strips are for,do they have 3m tape on them?
hope this helps
sandy Thumbs Up gone
P38 v8 auto no problems,great howle from exhausts when giving it welly
Td5 auto head gasket,no5 pot not uncommon but good car.
1st Tdv6s manual epb problem fixed under warranty(stealer said"never heard of this before,i suggested he looked at d3 forum.
2nd Tdv6 se auto epb
3rd Tdv6 xs auto 2008,swmbo,s favourite.

Post #322670 1st May 2017 2:00 pm
Largered

" ...kept indoors overnight to dry it properly..."

sometimes watching paint dry ..... is better than the telly. Rolling with laughter

Post #322673 1st May 2017 2:44 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1