Forum-Gallery-Shop-Sponsors

« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > General > Slow Down Possibly
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
Print this entire topic · 
RogB

England 2013 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Lux Auto Santorini Black

This is the problem now.... you spend more time looking out for ANPR and sneaky speeding cameras like the ones on the M1 hard shoulder gantry pillars, or down at your speedo, or in your rear view for the dreaded double flash..... Instead of actually concentrating on the road around you.

Post #322182 24th Apr 2017 10:17 am
blacktiger

England 2013 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Auto Santorini Black

dorsetfreelander wrote:
Looks like the previous owner of my car wasn't a little old lady after all.

Funny you posted that because mine was also set at that when I got it. Must be the stock (hopeful) setting from the factory.

Of course the better way of setting a speed warning would be a %age tolerance of a given speed which you could easily toggle up and down as you go. MY13 Santorini Black SD4 HSE

Last edited by blacktiger on 24th Apr 2017 12:06 pm. Edited 1 time in total

Post #322190 24th Apr 2017 11:46 am
blacktiger

dorsetfreelander wrote:
I was told over the weekend that if you have a digital speedo display then if you go to France it is a legal requirement to change it to read kilometers. Anyone else heard this?

No.
Not saying it's not true as the French have introduced all manner of stuff in recent years. They've also TRIED to introduce all manner of other stuff that has been thrown out. Such as all Bikers having to wear Hi-Viz all the time.
It has always been the case that a speedo should display kph as well as mph. So it might well be true. MY13 Santorini Black SD4 HSE

Post #322191 24th Apr 2017 11:52 am
blacktiger

RogB wrote:
more and more councils/police forces/insurance companies are now enforcing 0% tolerance on speeding. So 30mph = 30mph regardless of accuracy of a cars speedo.

More modern cars do display a very accurate speedo reading, older cars less accurate, however there is always going to be a measure of inaccuracy (tyre condition, wear/tear on speed related components such as sensors etc) and to have 0% tolerance is way too draconian.

Back in the days of Yore I understood that a speedo was allowed a +/-10% inaccuracy. However the Eurocrats changed that and I heard somewhere that a speedo HAS to read at least 10% over. This has an effect on average speeds as the unaware, driving at the limit as shown on their speedo, are really well under. This is why we get frustrated with people slowing down to 25 when they approach a GATSO. They're dropping their needle down to 28 but really it's another 3 under that.
You certainly won't find a speedo that reads under. MY13 Santorini Black SD4 HSE

Post #322192 24th Apr 2017 12:04 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12