Home > Technical > Passenger door always double locked
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
tc101

Australia 
Passenger door always double locked

Hi,

Can't seem to find if anyone else has had this issue.

The front passenger door of my Freelander 2 2015 SE seems to be double locked when the rest of the doors are single locked. Therefore, central locking to unlock and lock is fine but the passenger cannot exit from inside the car unless the unlock button is pressed to centrally unlock. That is, the passenger cannot unlock from their handle.

This proves to be quite annoying because for example, I can't leave a passenger in the car because they wouldn't be able to get out. Also, when dropping someone off they need to wait until I press the button or open another door before they can get out their door.

The rear doors work fine and are not child locked so rear passengers can exit as they please.

The door still locks and unlocks with the fob and everything so its more so an inconvenience that I've just been wanting to fix for a while. I could potentially replace the actuator but it seems overkill when the lock works fine, it just seems to be confused into thinking it's double locked.

Many thanks

Post #415390 3rd Dec 2021 5:01 am
SYFL2

2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Stornoway Grey

It’s the door lock actuator.

Post #415392 3rd Dec 2021 7:35 am
IanMetro

United Kingdom 2014 Freelander 2 SD4 Metropolis LE Auto Fuji White

To put it simply, are you saying that the front passenger door unlocks normally apart from when operated via the driver's door handle, but rear doors unlock via driver's door handle? FL2 XS SD4 Auto 2010 2012-2017 (21k - 91k miles) (MY2011)
FL2 Metropolis SD4 Auto 2014 2017- (16k - 76k+ miles) (MY2015)

Post #415397 3rd Dec 2021 9:59 am
SYFL2

2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Stornoway Grey

This is the rear door but front is much the same.

Post #415405 3rd Dec 2021 11:55 am
tc101

Australia 

IanMetro wrote:
To put it simply, are you saying that the front passenger door unlocks normally apart from when operated via the driver's door handle, but rear doors unlock via driver's door handle?

Yeah sorry for the long-winded explanation. So all doors unlock via their handles except the front passenger door (almost as if the front passenger door is child locked).

Is there a way to fix this without replacing the whole actuator? The lock clearly works and all, just seems to be set to double-locked.

Post #415440 4th Dec 2021 4:42 am
tc101

Australia 

I've done some further testing and found that it only works under some unique circumstances. For example, if I push the driver door lever to lock the car, then the front passenger door is only single-locked and works fine (front passenger door unlocks appropriately from its handle).

However, if I lock the car with the center console lock button, the front passenger door won't unlock. Interesting as I originally thought locking using the doors and locking with the 'lock button' did the same thing.

Post #415441 4th Dec 2021 4:47 am
Badger51

Australia 

Have you checked for fault codes? It’s always possible that there is a wiring issue in the door but more than likely the central locking motor in the actuator is playing up, as they tend to do.

Fitting new motors is the cheapest option but not everyone is comfortable or competent to do that. In which case you will need a new actuator assy, as has already been suggested by SYFL2.

These are the motors to buy, get the ones that show two pairs of different sized motors/gears.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/3286535837...4c4dvTEgJ0 (Now Sold). 2008 Freelander 2 (Nazca Sand) SE TD4 Auto. Statutory write off & on WOVR for hail damage but still road legal.
171037Km as of 09/05/22
Superchips Bluefin Flash
Nanocom Evo II (also sold)

Post #415443 4th Dec 2021 6:02 am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1