Forum-Gallery-Shop-Sponsors

« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > Maintenance & Modifications > DIESEL EXHAUST FLUID/AdBlue - can it be Retrofitted
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
Scrutchfield

United Kingdom 2013 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Lux Auto Orkney Grey
DIESEL EXHAUST FLUID/AdBlue - can it be Retrofitted

Hi all,

I confess I haven't done a search on this, my bad... but can you retrofit the Adblue solution to a 2013 Freelander please? If so, any ideas on cost?

Thanks

Sayer

Post #320938 7th Apr 2017 2:12 pm
MartynB

United Kingdom 2009 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Auto Zermatt Silver

Simple answer is no,

Even if theoretically you could there would be zero benefit to you, the car would not be homologated to the Euro class you were trying to achieve, so would not attract a lower road tax or be exempt from any future pollution charges. 2009 GS Auto Zermatt Silver - Sold June 21 after 10 years of ownership

2016 Subaru Outback SE 2.0 diesel SE Premium Lineartronic Sold 2024 after 8 years and 80k miles . Best Car I ever owned !

2023 Toyota Hilux invincible X 2.8 Auto .

Post #320940 7th Apr 2017 2:43 pm
Scrutchfield

United Kingdom 2013 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Lux Auto Orkney Grey

Thanks for answer - pretty much zeroes my chance to escape mad Sadiq's attempt to tax us...

S

Post #320942 7th Apr 2017 4:02 pm
Yorky Bob

United Kingdom 2013 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Firenze Red

Are you taking the Censored ? FL2 MY10 TD4 GS traded in at 2 years
FL2 MY13 TD4 GS Current

Post #320944 7th Apr 2017 4:28 pm
bbrap

England 2015 Freelander 2 SD4 Metropolis LE Auto Loire Blue

Scrutchfield wrote:
Thanks for answer - pretty much zeroes my chance to escape mad Sadiq's attempt to tax us...

S

Can't see Mad Sadiq wanting cars driving round with tanks of pig Censored given his religeous proclivities. Can you get halal adblue? Laughing FL2 Metropolis, Loire Blue, ebony/ivory

Post #320952 7th Apr 2017 6:34 pm
MartynB

Sorry to put that myth to bed, Laughing

AdBlue and any other branded SCR fluid is a 32% solution of high grade urea prills in demineralised water , nothing to do wth pigs urine. The urea is just a plain old chemical reaction process of Ammonia.

I have visited the biggest Spanish producer of the product in Tarragona , ( and looked at building similar plants in Rotterdam and Middlesbrough ) I can assure you the only urine to be seen was after copious drinking sessions with the project team in Holland : Rolling with laughter 2009 GS Auto Zermatt Silver - Sold June 21 after 10 years of ownership

2016 Subaru Outback SE 2.0 diesel SE Premium Lineartronic Sold 2024 after 8 years and 80k miles . Best Car I ever owned !

Post #320954 7th Apr 2017 7:22 pm
chicken george

United Kingdom 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Manual Santorini Black

early adblue tests did use urine or urine extract this was never going to be commercially sensible urea isnt a rare thing to manufacture, Ive bought tonnes of it as agri fertiliser over the years At work
At home

"I can't always believe facts I read on the web" - Charles Dickens

winner by default of the tractor vs caravan race

Post #320957 7th Apr 2017 7:45 pm
Lightwater

Ukraine 2013 Freelander 2 2.0T SE Auto Fuji White

chicken george wrote:
Ive bought tonnes of it as agri fertiliser over the years

Been making home-made explosives like they once did? Procrastination, mankind's greatest labour saving device!

Acoustic insulation ARB TPMS 3xARB air compressors After cooler Air tank On-board OCD pressure air/water cleaning Additional 50L fuel Carpet in doors ABE 2x1kg Waeco 28L modified fridge Battery 4x26ah Solar 120w Victron MPPT 100/20 DC-DC 18amps 175amp jumper plug Awning 6x255/60R18

Post #320959 7th Apr 2017 8:11 pm
MartynB

chicken george wrote:
early adblue tests did use urine or urine extract this was never going to be commercially sensible urea isnt a rare thing to manufacture, Ive bought tonnes of it as agri fertiliser over the years

Some of The first tests on SCR on the road actually used Ammonia cylinders . London Transport had some buses converted

Urea is indeed a commercial product CG , the stuff you've bought comes into the country in thousands and thousands of tonnes, a lot of it from Russia arrives in Billingham . Agricultural grades of course can be low grade and further contaminated by being bulk loaded Transported In ships holds etc, blown out into silos, and it matters not a jot because you are going to chuck it onto a field.

Put it into a truck catalyst system and it is a different product it has to be a higher quality than you chuck onto fields. Do t believe it ? Knock yourself a 32.5% solution up from your farm stock try it Rolling with laughter

I know at least two Fertilizer companies who thought they would make a killing on the SCR bandwagon , and subsequently could not. As a matter of interest the first bulk Adblue SCR pump in your part of the world was at Exelby Services on the A19 under the Dureal brand , around 2007, our team put it in Thumbs Up 2009 GS Auto Zermatt Silver - Sold June 21 after 10 years of ownership

Post #320965 7th Apr 2017 8:39 pm
MartynB

Lightwater wrote:
chicken george wrote:
Ive bought tonnes of it as agri fertiliser over the years

Been making home-made explosives like they once did?

The days have long gone since a farmer can but the right grade of Ammoium Nitrate to make a "Big Bang" That grade is available for the guys who need it, but any casual enquiry about buying it will bring you to the attention of some very serious people who might waterboard you Rolling with laughter 2009 GS Auto Zermatt Silver - Sold June 21 after 10 years of ownership

Post #320967 7th Apr 2017 8:47 pm
chicken george

United Kingdom 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Manual Santorini Black

Urea isn't the bomb fert . That's ammonium nitrate. I have good few tonnes of that. As it is its not explosive. You have to powder and cook it or some other trick.
Never tried its too expensive. We used to burn the bags it came in. Fierce oxidised flame but no bangs.

The authorities will be monitoring this thread now. Too many watch words....... Sorry spy guys. Keep up the good work Thumbs Up At work
At home

"I can't always believe facts I read on the web" - Charles Dickens

winner by default of the tractor vs caravan race

Post #320970 7th Apr 2017 8:51 pm
Yorky Bob

United Kingdom 2013 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Firenze Red

Oh yes it can bang. Rolling with laughter

Message for plod then, I was on the list of being watched 40 years ago when I applied for and received a Explosives Licence..

No longer in that field or any other. Sheep FL2 MY10 TD4 GS traded in at 2 years
FL2 MY13 TD4 GS Current

Post #320988 8th Apr 2017 8:41 am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1