« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > Technical > Transmission niggly
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
Bogart

United Kingdom 2010 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Auto Stornoway Grey
Transmission niggly

Further to my message some weeks ago when I reported the occasional transmission fault here is an update.
I had found that occasionally when trying to pull away after an engine stop progress was very slow unless I braked put the transmission lever into P then back to D and off I would go no problem.
Well the other day it repeated itself but I had the DSC error light on the dash. This only cleared after I had stopped later and restarted. Well this morning I put the OBD reader on and it found nothing amiss and then I looked at the dash and there is a message saying HDC fault but no DSC light on. The HDC message disappeared after turning ignition on and off. Agaon OBD reader failed to report an error. Now reading the handbook I can see a bit of light at the end of the tunnel. On page 134 it says the Terrain Response System basically controls amongst other things the DSC and HDC. And here is the crux of the matter it mentions it can engage a very cautious state, when it thinks the conditions are slippery, where a large pedal movement has only a small effect on engine power! This is exactly what I get when trying to move off sometimes. I push the pedal down and she just creeps forward until as I say I brake go to P then to D and all ok.
Now then how do I figure out the cause as someday I am thinking the shift to P then back to D will fail to work.
Any ideas?

Post #320312 28th Mar 2017 12:17 pm
Andy131

United Kingdom 

Does she think it is cold?
Wire break in passenger side door loom can give strange readings - temperature sensor is in the passenger side wing mirror.
Or is a wheel sensor failing - so she thinks a wheel is spinning.
You would need more than a basic OBDII reader to diagnose these. Tangiers Orange - gone, missing her
Replaced by Ewok what a mistake - now a happy Disco Sport owner

Post #320342 28th Mar 2017 10:31 pm
Bogart

United Kingdom 2010 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Auto Stornoway Grey

Unsure re the tempertaure thing. Regards the wheel sensor I would have thought it would appear whilst in motion also not just when starting. Reading threads on here suggest it could have something possibly connected with starter motor earth lead. Would account for problem only appearing after starting. As I can get an auxiliary one for around £8 will give that a try for starters.

Post #320344 28th Mar 2017 11:10 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1