Forum-Gallery-Shop-Sponsors

« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > In Car Electronics > Is there a step by step guide to editing CCF for the stereo?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
mace

Sweden 
Is there a step by step guide to editing CCF for the stereo?

Hello there!

I've been very happy with the thread re. the midline to premium stereo upgrade Bow down

All items are now in place and should be ready for the CCF edit.

I went to the local LR dealer yesterday to have it sorted, the tried their best for a total of two hours, but no luck...

So, is there a step by step guide on how to navigate inside the FL2 box of 1's & 0's?

I soooo want it to play sweet music Very Happy

Thanks and all the BEST!

/Magnus

From the other thread:
Just back from a two hour stint at the local LR dealer.

No luck in editing the CCF...?

Does this print out give any clues?

They said they will email UK and ask.
At least they were good sports, no charge. (This time..)

All the BEST!
Magnus

Post #320294 28th Mar 2017 7:13 am
kgoulis

Greece 2007 Freelander 2 i6 HSE Auto Baltic Blue

Hi there, I join the request as for the "step by step " tutorial. If someone can give advices about the radio, the retrofit telephone and the extra goodies that can appear such as the clock, the number of gears etc in the FL 2's from 2007 . And by the way, is any one that knows where is possible to get the Program (SDD) for flashing modules? Thanks in advance

Post #320333 28th Mar 2017 5:39 pm
mace

Sweden 

It seems like i'll have to get one of these!?!

'IID Tool BT' eller 'Blackbox Faultmate'.

Post #321196 11th Apr 2017 8:36 am
alex_pescaru

Use google translate for this: http://lr-club.com/index.php?showtopic=151767
It's for other thing (steering column lock), but the basic method can be used for any CCF item, including audio configurations.

Post #321210 11th Apr 2017 11:01 am
mace

Sweden 

Alex!!!

Bow down Thumbs Up Bow down

Post #321843 20th Apr 2017 8:07 am
alex_pescaru

I will try to translate and put it here too, in order to not loose the info.
Again it's about steering column lock, but the method is the same for any locked item.

1 - In the SDD go to the Service functions and select "Vehicle configuration management". The program will read now the CCF.
2 - We see that the "Steering column lock" tab is grayed, i.e. cannot be edited.
3 - We go to the folder C: \ ProgramData \ JLR \ IDS \ Sessions \ LandRover, not forgetting to enable the display of hidden and system files.
4 - We find the folder with the number of the last digits of our vin-code, there is a file CCF_L_ "vin-code" _.............xml. I had several similar files in my folder, I chose the one that was created a few minutes ago - you can see by the creation's date and time.
5 - Find "steering column lock", <category> and change edit = "false" to edit = "true"
6 - We return to SDD, refresh the page in the browser and see that now you can edit the parameter "Steering column lock", select "Without Steering column lock" and overwrite the configuration.
That's all!
I understand that this way you can make all parameters editable. But I strongly do not recommend this! Who knows how Rover perceives the change in these parameters ...

Source: http://lr-club.com/index.php?showtopic=151767 (Thank you Darth D-MoN)

Post #321853 20th Apr 2017 9:22 am
mace

Sweden 

YEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSS Rolling with laughter Thumbs Up Bow down Bow down Bow down Bow down Bow down Bow down Bow down Rolling with laughter Thumbs Up Thumbs Up

Post #324527 4th Jun 2017 9:33 am
Lovel

United Kingdom 2013 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Lux Auto Firenze Red

alex_pescaru wrote:
Again it's about steering column lock, but the method is the same for any locked item.

1 - In the SDD go to the Service functions and select "Vehicle configuration management". The program will read now the CCF.
2 - We see that the "Steering column lock" tab is grayed, i.e. cannot be edited.
3 - We go to the folder C: \ ProgramData \ JLR \ IDS \ Sessions \ LandRover, not forgetting to enable the display of hidden and system files.
4 - We find the folder with the number of the last digits of our vin-code, there is a file CCF_L_ "vin-code" _.............xml. I had several similar files in my folder, I chose the one that was created a few minutes ago - you can see by the creation's date and time.
5 - Find "steering column lock", <category> and change edit = "false" to edit = "true"
6 - We return to SDD, refresh the page in the browser and see that now you can edit the parameter "Steering column lock", select "Without Steering column lock" and overwrite the configuration.
That's all!
I understand that this way you can make all parameters editable. But I strongly do not recommend this! Who knows how Rover perceives the change in these parameters ...

Alex,

Aplogies for the thread revival but I found the method above very interesting, however when I search through my folders on windows 7, I cannot find “Sessions” (I have allowed the windows folder to show hidden files). My folder details shown below. Any thoughts, perhaps the translation has been lost?

Click image to enlarge

Post #392100 6th Jun 2020 1:54 pm
BossBob

England 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Baltic Blue

Looking at the path, you aren’t looking in the correct folder. You’ve gone to the Program Files folder, rather than the ProgramData folder.

Post #392103 6th Jun 2020 2:50 pm
Lovel

United Kingdom 2013 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Lux Auto Firenze Red

Doh, thank you for pointing this out. Embarassed
Have located the file now.

Post #392127 6th Jun 2020 11:23 pm
BossBob

England 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Baltic Blue

Thumbs Up

Post #392132 7th Jun 2020 8:14 am
MotionInc

Canada 2008 LR2 i6 SE Auto Tambora Flame

alex_pescaru wrote:

That's all!

3 1/2 years later and I am happy this thread was bumped! Appreciate the good info!

Post #392142 7th Jun 2020 1:14 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1