« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > General > Dilemma
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 3 123>
Print this entire topic · 
RogB

England 2013 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Lux Auto Santorini Black
Dilemma

So after multiple problems with my lovely Evoque, LR are putting together a package to move me into a new car (not brand new, just new to me)

My dilemma is do I go for another entry level Evoque (probably manual due to lower prices) with higher mileage...... or do I go for a late, low mileage high spec Freelander 2 auto ???

I love both cars, the Evoque because of its all round appeal and looks, the Freelander because of its ''traditional LR box'' design and space.

help me out guys [8-}]

Post #319958 22nd Mar 2017 8:27 am
LR NUT

Scotland 2014 Freelander 2 TD4_e Dynamic Manual Fuji White

Since you've had both cars Rog I think it's really best for you to decide. The Evoque does currently hold its residuals better but the MK2 Evoque is out late 2018.

FL2 is far more spacious and with the miles better command view feels like a Land Rover and less like a road car. If you missed the spacious interior and practicality then you know what's best Whistle MY14 Kahn Converted Dynamic - Fuji White Ebony/Pimento Interior
MY15 Xenon Headlight Conversion

MY17 RRS SVR - Estoril Blue Cirrus/Ebony 🪣💺’s

Post #319960 22nd Mar 2017 8:40 am
RogB

Laughing
the Evoque is really nice, I do like it a lot. Unfortunately ive had to have the transfer box, gearbox, starter motor, egr, door lock all replaced under warranty in 6 months of ownership, and also have to replace the clutch assembly which warranty wont cover. Now ive found the car has been badly resprayed on the passenger side and looks like possible accident damage.

Looking at the garages group stock initially, and they have a 63 Evoque pure tech manual with pan roof with 59k on the clock, but they also have a 13 plate FL2 Dynamic auto with 21k on it for the same price.

so the Ewok holds it value better but is 3 times the mileage, and I do about 18k a year....

decisions decisions decisions Shocked

btw Nut its a white dynamic Whistle

Post #319962 22nd Mar 2017 9:06 am
Tigger

United Kingdom 

That's a nice easy one - FL2 it is!

I'd not been in an FL2, since parting with my last one 18 months ago, until I sat in one two days ago. Despite driving a D4 for over 45,000 miles, the FL2 was just as nice as I'd remembered Thumbs Up

Post #319963 22nd Mar 2017 9:15 am
axle

England 2007 Freelander 2 i6 HSE Auto Santorini Black

FL2 Thumbs Up Common sense isn't very common.

Post #319965 22nd Mar 2017 9:23 am
ronp

Scotland 

If budget allows, I'd go for a D4. Thumbs Up FL2 now gone and have a couple of items left for sale:-

Brodit active iPhone holder + Brodit dash clip,
Bluetooth Music Streaming Module.

Post #319966 22nd Mar 2017 9:24 am
LR NUT

Bearing in mind the Freelander 2 was Land Rovers most reliable model till date (JLR's own words) the Dynamic that you've seen does make sense with the amount of miles you do annually.

Fuji White Very Happy is the best colour I think which compliments the styling pack. I visited a few different dealers prior to placing my order and they all said the same. Bearing in mind Fuji White is the only colour LR do not charge for (well so to speak Laughing) what's the interior colour Whistle

Standard dynamics were nicely specc'ed. If it has any of the following they were optional extras;
heated windscreen, heated steering wheel, xenons, pano roof, front park aid, rear camera, memory seats, full size spare alloy wheel, grand black lacquer interior and speakers on the internal D pillar then it most likely has the higher spec meridian ICE.

Time to take my anorak off now Rolling with laughter MY14 Kahn Converted Dynamic - Fuji White Ebony/Pimento Interior

Last edited by LR NUT on 22nd Mar 2017 9:41 am. Edited 2 times in total

Post #319969 22nd Mar 2017 9:36 am
RogB

D4 is just way too big for my needs, too thirsty and too much road tax but they are flipping nice Laughing

ive also posted this on the Evoque owners forum to get a 'balanced' feedback and oddly enough this place is saying FL2 and the other is saying Ewok Shocked

Post #319970 22nd Mar 2017 9:36 am
RogB

LR NUT wrote:
Bearing in mind the Freelander 2 was Land Rovers most reliable model till date (JLR's own words) the Dynamic that you've seen does make sense with the amount of miles you do annually.

Fuji White Very Happy is the best colour I think which compliments the styling pack. I visited a few different dealers and they all said the same. Bearing in mind Fuji White is the only colour LR do not charge for (well so to speak Laughing) what's the interior colour?

Standard dynamics were nicely specc'ed. If it hs any of the following there were optional extras;
heated windscreen, heated steering wheel, xenons, pano roof, front park aid, rear camera, full size spare alloy wheel, grand black lacquer interior and speakers on the internal D pillar then it most likely has the higher spec meridian ICE.

Time to take my anorak off now Rolling with laughter

http://www.farnelllandrover.com/used-car/1...ion-wagon/

Post #319971 22nd Mar 2017 9:38 am
Tigger

United Kingdom 

RogB wrote:
D4 is just way too big for my needs, too thirsty and too much road tax but they are flipping nice Laughing

ive also posted this on the Evoque owners forum to get a 'balanced' feedback and oddly enough this place is saying FL2 and the other is saying Ewok Shocked

But I've just into my RRS loaner and banged my head on the ?*%€^%? low roof! So I'm not feeling to kindly towards the fashion over function LR's at the minute Evil or Very Mad

FL2 it is Thumbs Up

Post #319972 22nd Mar 2017 10:32 am
RogB

yeh I had a RRS HSE Dynamic over the last week as yet another loaner, and I had similar issues. Im 6'3'' and was always having to watch my head getting in and out.
I don't have that problem with my Evoque to be fair but that is probably more to do with sitting DOWN into the seat rather than up.

Post #319973 22nd Mar 2017 10:39 am
anglaslt

Lithuania 2015 Freelander 2 2.0T HSE Lux Auto Havana

The Evoque certainly looks more modern but to me it's not that appealing. The FL2 is one of the very few cars I've returned to after trying others. My first FL2 was an almost new 2007 SE in tambora. A super car and what surprised me, even back then, is how comfortable they are on long distance journeys. In my present car a couple of months ago I did just over 1100 kms in one day, including quite a lot of snow/ice conditions. Sure it was a long day but not exhausting and no aches and pains.

If it was my choice (again) I'd prefer a newer better spec FL2 to an older lesser spec Evoque.

Goodluck with whatever you decide Thumbs Up driving on the right side

Post #319977 22nd Mar 2017 1:22 pm
LR NUT

Options I picked up from the video were heated windscreen and front park aid. Now why would you spec from new front park aid BUT no rear view camera? If you can't judge over a clamshell bonnet how the hell can you reverse?

Tigger what's happened to your D4 Whistle MY14 Kahn Converted Dynamic - Fuji White Ebony/Pimento Interior

Post #319978 22nd Mar 2017 1:41 pm
Tigger

United Kingdom 

Nothing too dramatic - red triangle of doom, engine management warning light and "restricted performance"; simply turned out to be a dead sensor in the diesel water trap Thumbs Up

Post #320003 22nd Mar 2017 5:59 pm
rnlisg

England 2013 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Auto Santorini Black

decisions decisions,i used to be indecisive,but now im not sure Whistle
good luck
Thumbs Up

Post #320012 22nd Mar 2017 8:13 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 3 123>