« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > General > FL2 autotrader valuation
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
houghta

United Kingdom 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Santorini Black
FL2 autotrader valuation

can anyone tell me how accurate an autotrader valuation is, i am considering selling my FL2 and trying to get a feel for its value

cheers,

Please ensure your listing complies with the For Sale/Wanted Rules

Post #318947 6th Mar 2017 1:36 pm
Yorky Bob

United Kingdom 2013 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Firenze Red

I know my wifes car was well undervalued by them a couple of weeks ago as at a dealers it was worth a genuine several hundred pounds more as I was looking possibly at a heavily discounted new car via CARWOW Her car though is mint and very low miles.

Remember the guy who is going to inspect it will be working on the basis the computer said a price but its got this that and the other wrong so its now less.

Another thing that bugs me a about WBAC is their basic valuation takes no account of that list of extras you had fitted like tow bars, heated front screen etc. FL2 MY10 TD4 GS traded in at 2 years
FL2 MY13 TD4 GS Current

Post #318964 6th Mar 2017 4:43 pm
taztastic

England 

.. 'extras', they are practically worthless at trade in time, might get a few quid extra with a private sale, otherwise worth nought.

Post #318965 6th Mar 2017 4:45 pm
jhoulston

United Kingdom 2010 Freelander 2 TD4 S Manual Buckingham Blue
Re: FL2 autotrader valuation

houghta wrote:
can anyone tell me how accurate an autotrader valuation is, i am considering selling my FL2 and trying to get a feel for its value

cheers,

Please ensure your listing complies with the For Sale/Wanted Rules

Advertised mine on autotrader recently and the valuation went up from the morning when I look until the evening when I advertised it. Interestingly, autotrader values much higher than Parkers Car guide.

Post #318974 6th Mar 2017 6:34 pm
LR2goat

2008 LR2 i6 HSE Auto Baltic Blue

These guides are all silly. Just shop yourself vs others prices.

My other car is a CLK55 and you would laugh at some of these guides apprasals. They can often be so wrong that they will sugguest nearly 50% of private party fair value.

Sorry but do your own homework.

Post #319148 9th Mar 2017 12:38 am
dshipp

United Kingdom 

Currently in the process of part-ex'ing my Z4 for a FL2. Got to agree that guide prices are pretty irrelevant these days.

I paid Parkers for a mileage and extras specific valuation and it over-valued the part-ex price for my Z4 by about 6k (based on added value for low mileage and all extra toys it had). That set my expectations far too high. It didn't help that the first LR dealer I spoke to didn't even look at the car and just named a part ex price that was 1/3 of the Parkers value - didn't deal with him again! In reality he was about 1/2 of what a fair part-ex price was.

What I found my troubling was I was expecting We Buy Any Car to be 1k or 2k less than a fair part-ex price, however I'm coming to the conclusion that dealers are going on WeBuy to work out what they're going to offer you. As such I had one LR dealer give me a part-ex that was 2k less than WeBuy and another who said straight up that they would try and find independent dealer to take it to get me the best price. Best price turned out to be 1k more than WeBuy and about 2k less that what the equivalent car was listed on Autotrader for.

I think if you're selling privately, just look at what similar cars are listed for. If you're part-ex'ing then expect dealers to be around the WeBuy price. Extra's mean nothing. Parker's valuation was a joke.

What's more, the dealers who offered me 1k more than WeBuy for my part-ex wouldn't budge on the sticker-price of the car I was part-ex'ing for.

Hard to come away feeling like you're getting a good deal in these circumstances (or at least if you're not taking finance).

I'm sure there used to be more room for haggling in the used car market, but maybe used cars were just more over-priced back then.

Post #319159 9th Mar 2017 2:14 pm
ReggiePerrin

England 2013 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Lux Auto Firenze Red

A salesman at Gordon Lamb Chesterfield (as was) told me quite frankly that the PX value of my MY10 Freelander 2 was precisely the WBAC price on the day. His advice to me to improve the deal he could offer was to remove anything that wasn't part of the original build and either re-use or sell. Tow bar & electrics, mud flaps, mats, face lift lights etc. The only thing that went with the car was the plastic body side strips and a gunk kit (from eBay) in lieu of the alloy spare wheel.

He didn't last long although I'm sure it was more than my car that led to him leaving Question

Post #319162 9th Mar 2017 2:51 pm
RogB

England 2013 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Lux Auto Santorini Black

Gordon Lamb (or whatever they are trading as now)...... don't even talk to me about them !!

Im now beginning to think they may have ripped me off and fed me BS to sign up to an Ewok that they seemingly failed to do much more than throw a bucket of water over.....

I like the Ewok.... a lot.......especially as it now appears to be sorted...... but beginning to wish id kept my 10 plate FL2

Post #319163 9th Mar 2017 3:07 pm
ReggiePerrin

England 2013 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Lux Auto Firenze Red

The Gordon Lamb (GL) group was bought by Ventu Motors who own, amongst others, Bristol Street motors and Farnells. As far as I know, the Chesterfield GL Nissan and GL Renault are now trading as Bristol street Motors, GL Toyota as Ventu and GL Landrover as Gordon Lamb, part of Farnell.

I too have no regard for Gordon Lamb (as was) and so Guy Salmon Sheffield is my dealership of choice based on previous pleasant dealership experiences with them.

Post #319167 9th Mar 2017 5:53 pm
RogB

I have told LR Customer Services in crystal clear terms that I will not even entertain any correspondance GL Chesterfield.
Im currently dealing with Stratstone in Doncaster and so far I really cant fault them. Same goes for LR Assist.

Post #319202 10th Mar 2017 9:16 am
dshipp

United Kingdom 

I've dealt with Dean at Stratestone Doncaster and he was the epitome of good customer service. Worlds apart from Farnell Leeds.

Post #319208 10th Mar 2017 10:10 am
ronp

Scotland 

Gordon Lamb now come under the Farnell group.

It used to be that Strastone was perceived to be the 'underperforming' dealer, seems now GL/Farnell have taken over that mantle. FL2 now gone and have a couple of items left for sale:-

Brodit active iPhone holder + Brodit dash clip,
Bluetooth Music Streaming Module.

Post #319212 10th Mar 2017 11:17 am
RogB

I hope so, im going for a full cost to LR for clutch, flywheel etc or a no cost change of vehicle........ probably back to a FL2 as there no Ewoks to suit on the LR approved lit at the minute.

time will tell.......

Post #319213 10th Mar 2017 11:25 am
Yorky Bob

United Kingdom 2013 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Firenze Red

ronp wrote:
Gordon Lamb now come under the Farnell group.

It used to be that Strastone was perceived to be the 'underperforming' dealer, seems now GL/Farnell have taken over that mantle.

Farnell remind me now of when I was a Jaguar apprentice in 1967. The sales staff were suited up like solicitors and had public school ascents. In comes a chap, wellies and flat cap and they would not deal with him. He had the price of a new jag in his back pocket in cash !

All bling and no customer focus unless you like coffee of course. FL2 MY10 TD4 GS traded in at 2 years
FL2 MY13 TD4 GS Current

Post #319214 10th Mar 2017 11:44 am
Jimboland

England 2012 Freelander 2 SD4 GS Auto Santorini Black

I think that must have been me. In the end I had to get someone to buy it for me. The only problem was I wanted the 3.4 litre engine but he bought the 2.4 version instead.

J

Post #319263 11th Mar 2017 11:30 am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1