Forum-Gallery-Shop-Sponsors

« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > Maintenance & Modifications > Service Plans?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
Print this entire topic · 
dorsetfreelander

United Kingdom 2014 Freelander 2 SD4 XS Auto Loire Blue

I had a B service done last Sept at Yeovil on the 3+ scheme for the first time and whereas previously it always came back with a litre of oil and a spray can of "service spray" and washer fluid, this time it came back with none of these but there was a video of them checking under the car and finding a turbo hose slight leak and measurement of the pad thicknesses which were declared OK. On the basis of that I was happy that work appeared to have been done. 3 x FL1 2 manual + 1 auto
5 x FL2 4 manual + 1 auto
Now Discovery Sport P250 MHEV SE

Post #322495 28th Apr 2017 9:28 am
ReggiePerrin

England 2013 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Lux Auto Firenze Red

Bit of a thread resurrection...

What ball park figure should I be paying for a new three year plan this year? It will be:

year 6 - B + brake fluid / no hoses
    year 7 - A
    year 8 - B

Would fixed price servicing be a better option? My local dealership offers it as from £275 (A) and £350 (B) inc. VAT.

Post #361601 7th Dec 2018 12:37 am
Yorky Bob

United Kingdom 2013 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Firenze Red

Cam belt replacement has been reduced to year 7 I understand. I would go with those fixed prices unless you can do your own services. FL2 MY10 TD4 GS traded in at 2 years
FL2 MY13 TD4 GS Current

Post #361604 7th Dec 2018 6:03 am
JulesK

Wales 2014 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Firenze Red

That about the same price as my dealer and to be fair my local indy was the same price but not using genuine parts.
Also if you use dealer the bloody OSH gets filled in Laughing If it wasn't so bad it'd be funny.

🐑
Freelander 2 HSE auto 2014 ( Florrie ) ..... Try again.
Freelander 2 GS 2012...... Gone.

Post #361609 7th Dec 2018 10:34 am
RogB

England 2013 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Lux Auto Santorini Black

Yorky Bob wrote:
Cam belt replacement has been reduced to year 7 I understand. I would go with those fixed prices unless you can do your own services.

so if cam belts service has now been reduced from 10 years/150k miles to 7 years, what happens if the car is over 7 years old already but under 10, and the cambelt snaps ??

My Ewok SD4 was 7 years old last month, with a full LR history and only 54k on the clock, should I be changing mine now or sticking to the orginal service schedule of 10 years ? If it subsequently snaps on me and trashes the engine can I claim off Landrover ?

bit naughty of LR changing stuff like this in this way

Post #361611 7th Dec 2018 11:12 am
Yorky Bob

United Kingdom 2013 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Firenze Red

My cam belt was always going to be changed at year 7 Rog. This will catch out some with extended warranty. FL2 MY10 TD4 GS traded in at 2 years
FL2 MY13 TD4 GS Current

Post #361612 7th Dec 2018 11:23 am
RogB

England 2013 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Lux Auto Santorini Black

im having Haldex and diff oils done by Austen next month after he checked it over for me a couple of weeks ago, so that's one preventative thing out the way.

but I was hoping to avoid the cam belt being done as I plan on keeping the car 3 years as I have a 3 year service plan and warranty with it.

Post #361616 7th Dec 2018 12:10 pm
jenks1950

England 2013 Freelander 2 SD4 XS Auto Santorini Black

Quote:
Bit of a thread resurrection...

What ball park figure should I be paying for a new three year plan this year? It will be:

year 6 - B + brake fluid / no hoses
year 7 - A
year 8 - B

Would fixed price servicing be a better option? My local dealership offers it as from £275 (A) and £350 (B) inc. VAT.

Those prices look fairly reasonable to me, but I wouldn't assume that you will get anything other than an oil filter and oil change and maybe the car will be cleaned!!
For the first four years of my FL ownership mine was serviced at Grange in Welwyn and nothing extra was ever done or suggested and I am almost certain that the fuel filter was never changed so I would get your dealer to confirm exactly what work they are actually intending to do

For what it's worth...…past two years I have free issued all filters (about £65 genuine LR) to local indy and they charged me £100 for the service and £40 for Mobile oil (they even adjusted my tyre pressures!!) Brake and Power steering fluid changes I deal with separately

Steve

Post #361617 7th Dec 2018 12:12 pm
ReggiePerrin

England 2013 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Lux Auto Firenze Red

The fixed price servicing for B/A/B works out at £975 plus brake fluid over the three years... the same company has quoted me £1286.67 for a three year service plan. It is not made clear if that includes the brake fluid change.

The same company also states in their three year plan quotation that the full retail price should be £1723.76 and that their three year plan offers a saving of £437.09 - a saving of 25.4% as a 'thank you for your business'.

The reality of course, is that this quote represents a 29.0% increase on what we paid for our last and just expired three year plan (which included brake fluid and half price MoT tests) and a 25.8% increase on their own fixed price servicing (2 x £350 & 1 x £275). Inflation appears to be rife in the East Midlands Confused

I want the OSH but I don't want to pay through the nose for it. My car still only has 35k miles on it and is in very good order so to me, worth maintaining its service history for a few more years. I may have to travel a little further and hope there is no price fixing amongst dealership brands.

Post #361620 7th Dec 2018 1:39 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12