Forum-Gallery-Shop-Sponsors

« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > Maintenance & Modifications > Fitted electric seats - air bag warning light :( (now fixed)
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
Scrumpy

United Kingdom 
Fitted electric seats - air bag warning light :( (now fixed)

Hi folks, my first post apparently??... thought I'd said Hi when I joined months ago. Apologies Embarassed

After months of searching I finally managed to pick up a full set of mint leather electric seats from a 2011 HSE.

I've fitted them into my 2009 GS and they plugged in and work a treat, all electrics working as expected.

However, I now have a RED airbag warning light on the instrument panel. I've connected my basic OBDII reader and it shows no faults. Is this likely just require clearing by a decent reader, having being triggered by interrupting the circuit?

Advice appreciated please.

Seats are LOVELY, best mod yet Very Happy 2009 GS TD4e

Last edited by Scrumpy on 18th Feb 2017 7:44 pm. Edited 3 times in total

Post #317702 17th Feb 2017 8:01 pm
le bouch

United Kingdom 2010 Freelander 2 TD4_e GS Manual Santorini Black

I'd often get the airbag warning light illuminate on my old Discovery. No fault codes found. Turned out to be the bloody kids putting their feet underneath the drivers seat and disturbing the wiring connectors. Quick unplug / plug in would fix it. That's where I'd look first.

Post #317703 17th Feb 2017 8:19 pm
Scrumpy

United Kingdom 

Just had the neighbour plug his superior reader in!...

It's registering a driver pre-tensioner, returning immediately with the faults cleared.

I'll swap one over from the old seat tomorrow and hopefully that'll be it sorted... fingers crossed Confused 2009 GS TD4e

Post #317704 17th Feb 2017 8:20 pm
Scrumpy

United Kingdom 

So I swapped out the drivers seat pre tensioner and the fault switched over the the passenger side!.

I then swapped out the passenger pre tensioner and the fault cleared, warning light off Cool

Either both pre tensioners had operated during the collision in the wrecker they came from or the 2011 ones aren't compatible with my 2009 vehicle?. Either way, problem solved. Now to fit the leather steering wheel Smile 2009 GS TD4e

Post #317738 18th Feb 2017 3:01 pm
Scrumpy

United Kingdom 

I must say that fitting the leather seats and steering wheel has transformed the vehicle. After previous Disco 1 and 2's that had leather, I've really struggled getting comfy with the 'sticky' cloth seats. The memory function worked straight off which is a winner. The electric window/mirror switch from the 2011 door cards despite being almost identical didn't work, so I swapped the original switch back in. Bar the issue with the pre-tensioners, best mod yet... seats and door trims were a snip at £690 delivered Thumbs Up

I swapped out the heater panel and from what I've read I'll need to get the CCF changed to enable the heated seats.. almost there.

2009 GS TD4e

Post #317779 18th Feb 2017 7:50 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1