Forum-Gallery-Shop-Sponsors

« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > Technical > My Freelander 2 saga continues.
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
Trav

Scotland 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Lux Manual Rimini Red
My Freelander 2 saga continues.

I have had several post about this car and just as I thought I was through the thick of it, I get served up this.

Car yet again won't start with steering column locked, no error codes but when in sdd recommend section there is a read me file about fault code U3000-48 and when performing network test the result can only be described as a total network failure to communicate between pretty much all modules. I cannot open it as I am using a clone of SDD V131 for offline use only. Can anyone tell me what this is? I am aware that U3000 is for a control module but what is the sub code?

I have measure medium speed can resistance at eobd socket which is not getting any readings and voltage readings are as follows..... Can high - 2.9v on pin 3 and Can low - 2.2v on pin 11. This to me would indicate S/C on the medium system?

I also measured voltage and resistance on high speed can system at eobd socket which were 2.2v on both high and low (pins 6+14) and resistance reading of 60ohms.

Does anyone have a full list of module locations for both high and medium speed so I can continue diagnostics?

Post #316653 1st Feb 2017 3:11 am
Mikey

Scotland 2012 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Auto Baltic Blue

Steering column locked and resultant non start is a known issue, needing an IPC + BCM update to cure Thumbs Up

Post #316658 1st Feb 2017 7:55 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Yorky Bob

United Kingdom 2013 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Firenze Red

I assume in my speak you mean it needs software updates. Is that a dealer only route ? FL2 MY10 TD4 GS traded in at 2 years
FL2 MY13 TD4 GS Current

Post #316663 1st Feb 2017 10:27 am
Trav

Mikes you say software update but surely software wouldn't cause me to get a zero ohms resistance reading on the medium speed CAN BUS at the EOBD socket and the voltages to be all to pot? And the only fault stored is U3000-48.

Post #316675 1st Feb 2017 12:31 pm
Trav

Update. The medium speed can restores to 62ohms when door is latched and after looking through the last sdd session pretty sure I've flashed it hence the total loss off coms between all high and medium speed networks. Absolutely plonker I know.

Post #316688 1st Feb 2017 5:05 pm
The dog

Scotland 

Hi Trav, Did you get anywhere with your Freelander? I still have not had a chance to look again at my non runner but took your advice to try another crankshaft position annunciator I have a new replacement one ready to go on but now waiting on spare time and better weather. I'll possibly give you a call for a go with your OBD2 reader as it may show up more than my Autel one. Thanks the Dog

Post #318122 23rd Feb 2017 12:48 pm
Trav

Sorry for the late response.

Yeh the steering column lock module was u/s got it fitted and programmed and now have a leak from the sunroof. Big Cry Rolling with laughter Big Cry Give the freelander 2 what it's due they have some fight in them! Did you get round to fitting the new exciter ring?

My phone is out of commission at the moment but if you are still needing, I should be free from midweek?

Post #319290 11th Mar 2017 9:24 pm
The dog

Scotland 

Hi Trav, I bough a new exciter ring but have not got round to fitting it. The weather and other ongoing projects has delayed things with the Freelander and I wont get a chance now to look at it for at least a couple of weeks but after that I'll have another serious go at getting it going I'll probably give you a shout then if your around. Thanks again. The dog Thumbs Up

Post #319299 11th Mar 2017 10:24 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1