Forum-Gallery-Shop-Sponsors

« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > General > Trying to track down previous owner beginning of reg SV07
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
Print this entire topic · 
Ct8637

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Manual Santorini Black

Funny thing is, I was going to get a BMW X3. Found a really nice one with full leather and 60k miles. The wife always wanted a Range Rover or a freelander so found this one and convinced (ordered) me to go to Scotland to see it. As soon as I gave it the once over and drove it I forgot about the X3. I think I will be the same in a few years, won't want to see it go 😂 Plenty of years yet to enjoy it 👍🏻

Post #316258 25th Jan 2017 2:59 pm
shilen

United Kingdom 2011 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Auto Bali Blue

before the anti-X3 mob dive in can i assume you meant the first generation X3 (2003 - 2010) built in Austria? That one was pretty horrid! Now - 2017 BMW X3 M Sport Carbon Black
Gone - 2014 BMW X3 M Sport Space Grey, faultless!
Gone - 2011 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Bali Blue with xenons
Gone - 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Rimini Red with bodykit

Post #316289 25th Jan 2017 11:15 pm
Yorky Bob

United Kingdom 2013 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Firenze Red

As in Austria were the new Ewok Rag Top is made then. FL2 MY10 TD4 GS traded in at 2 years
FL2 MY13 TD4 GS Current

Post #316291 25th Jan 2017 11:53 pm
Trav

Scotland 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Lux Manual Rimini Red

SV07 is an Aberdeen registration

Post #316292 25th Jan 2017 11:56 pm
Ct8637

The X3 was a 2011 plate so a bit nicer that the flat back of the older years.

Thanks trav I will update the main post 👍🏻

Post #316322 26th Jan 2017 1:43 pm
dorsetfreelander

United Kingdom 2014 Freelander 2 SD4 XS Auto Loire Blue

My dealer told me that it was only in the last two or three years that LR have held service records centrally, prior to that it was done by individual dealerships. 3 x FL1 2 manual + 1 auto
5 x FL2 4 manual + 1 auto
Now Discovery Sport P250 MHEV SE

Post #316329 26th Jan 2017 3:42 pm
Bobupndown

United Kingdom 2014 Freelander 2 SD4 GS Auto Orkney Grey

My faithful Disco 2 last saw a main dealer just before its warranty expired on its 3rd Birthday, its now just become a teenager in the last few days and has 151000 miles on the clock.
Its been to 2 independent LR garages for big stuff such as clutch and the dreaded warped exhaust manifold that chipped Td5s are prone to. Other than that its been yours truly on the spanners for everything else including brakes, suspension bushes, springs, steering box, glow plugs, alternator, starter motor all the usual Disco gremlins really.
I have kept all the receipts for parts and consumables like oil and filters, tyres etc and recorded on each of them the mileage they were fitted at. And will it matter one bit now? Probably not as Autotrader value it at £2200 as a trade in price today. Just an old smoker, which unless is bought by another enthusiast wont be worth anything extra.

Post #316334 26th Jan 2017 6:22 pm
Longdave

United Kingdom 

Hi CT8637
The seller should definitely provide or assist you with this.
I had a similar problem when I purchased my FL 2 at 7 years old from an indie dealer. It did have a stamped up (single) main dealer service record but I wanted to know which tasks were completed at last service, plus which LR Service Actions had been carried out.
I contacted the LR dealer who told me they would not provide the records due to Data Protection rules, even though I pointed out that for newer LR's it is now stored on a national LR data base. I then wrote to the previous (first) owner at the address on the seller's V5, he requested the dealer in writing to provide me with the service records.
Within a short time I received paper copies of all service records back to delivery. Note that you could also buy a replacement LR Service booklet LRL0178ENG if you wish.

Post #316336 26th Jan 2017 7:48 pm
RogB

England 2013 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Lux Auto Santorini Black

I got hit with the 'data protection act' excuse on my last FL1.

It was 1 owner, main dealer service at the supplying dealer, but when I rang up to ask what had been done to the car by them I was told they couldn't tell me due to data protection..... I wasn't aware that a car was subject to the data protection rules !!!
Even when I told him that I had the previous owners name, address and even limited credit card details (due to a receipt from LR being in the folder) I was still told no.

Post #316363 27th Jan 2017 9:16 am
Ct8637

Longdave wrote:
Hi CT8637
The seller should definitely provide or assist you with this.
I had a similar problem when I purchased my FL 2 at 7 years old from an indie dealer. It did have a stamped up (single) main dealer service record but I wanted to know which tasks were completed at last service, plus which LR Service Actions had been carried out.
I contacted the LR dealer who told me they would not provide the records due to Data Protection rules, even though I pointed out that for newer LR's it is now stored on a national LR data base. I then wrote to the previous (first) owner at the address on the seller's V5, he requested the dealer in writing to provide me with the service records.
Within a short time I received paper copies of all service records back to delivery. Note that you could also buy a replacement LR Service booklet LRL0178ENG if you wish.

Cheers for that 👍🏻 Already bought the replacement service book so once I find out some more I should be able to get a few stamps, as has been said though, it won't matter when I come to sell.

I should probably put more effort into something else 😂

Post #316384 27th Jan 2017 6:04 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12