« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > Wheels & Tyres > 22" Kahn Wheels
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
acherone

United States 
22" Kahn Wheels

I would like to fit a set of 22" kahn RS wheels on my LR2. I saw one person on here did it. LR NUT. Does anyone know if you need to use 5x108 to 5x120 adapters or are people re-drilling? The wheels are 22x10 with bolt pattern 5x120. I am afraid that they will stick out to far with the adapters.

Post #312251 28th Nov 2016 9:26 pm
octav

Romania 2015 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Auto Fuji White

You would need to use wheel spacer adapters from 5x120 to 5x108 but keep in mind that the recommended offset for the wheels should be between ET 35 and 50 for Freelander 2. So check the ET on the 22" Kahn wheels to see if you can fit them. I believe the ET would drop to 10-20 so the wheels will go almost outside the arches.

Post #312260 29th Nov 2016 6:47 am
npinks

United Kingdom 

just a warning, i have read a few reports about Khan wheels cracking, so make sure the load rating are correct for the FL2/LR2 and most of all make sure they are genuine

LRNUT will most likely pop in and tell you the ratings and whats needed Thumbs Up Former Mod/Member, with the most post & Chicken George Arch nemesis

Post #312269 29th Nov 2016 9:32 am
Yorky Bob

United Kingdom 2013 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Firenze Red

Why not email Khan. Idea

Just down the road in Leeds and Bradford I note ! I ask you London, how did that sneak in Rolling with laughter

http://www.kahndesign.com/wheels/ FL2 MY10 TD4 GS traded in at 2 years
FL2 MY13 TD4 GS Current

Post #312273 29th Nov 2016 10:02 am
acherone

United States 

I did email Kahn but I did not receive a response. I will try calling and emailing again. I did find some adapters to change the pattern to 5x120. They are 20mm thick.

Post #312278 29th Nov 2016 2:24 pm
npinks

United Kingdom 

post a couple more times then you'll be able to send a PM to LRNUT Thumbs Up Former Mod/Member, with the most post & Chicken George Arch nemesis

Post #312279 29th Nov 2016 2:36 pm
acherone

United States 

I know! I am new to this forum so it would not let me message him. I just chatted with someone from Kahn and they are supposed to get back to me later today with some answers. I will let you know. I really like the content on this forum and it is actually very active which is great....

Post #312280 29th Nov 2016 2:54 pm
LR NUT

Scotland 2014 Freelander 2 TD4_e Dynamic Manual Fuji White

I run Kahn Cosworth alloys on mine on Pirelli Scorpian Zero tyres which are M+ S rated . The tyres are 265/35R22. They are a direct fitment for the FL2 /LR2 not even spigot rings are required. Existing LR centre caps and wheels nuts including locking nut all fit back on. You can't even tell my car is running 22s when driving in on tarmac or a country road. If you race over speed bumps they yes you can tell. I run my 22s in summer only and keep the stock 19s for winter use. Far too much salt thrown on roads here with NO GRIT have the time.

The extra width 30MM from the tyres hug the road around the corners and the car has minimal lean at roundabouts. (Not as issue for you) I run the tyres all round at 38psi and I've towed a 2 ton trailer with them on. I've had them on and off the car now for approx 3 years and they are fine. Never buy budget rubber it will be a harsh ride. You can even tell I have 22s when driving the vehicle. Only time you can tell is if you are too quick going over speed bumps.

As npinks has correctly mentioned be weary of copies even genuine wheels can crack if your racing through potholes. My mums RRS2 has been upgraded to 22s and 1 of the wheels fractured after 13 months on the car. There were genuine items supplied by a LR dealer.

Genuine LR 19" alloys load rating
[URL=]

Click image to enlarge
[/URL]
[URL=]
Click image to enlarge
[/URL]
Genuine Kahn 22" alloys load rating
[URL=]
Click image to enlarge
[/URL]
[URL=]
Click image to enlarge
[/URL]

As the wheels are much larger in diameter it does the jack the car up by a few mm's you will notice as you as you sit in you vehicle.
Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

[URL=]
Click image to enlarge
[/URL]
[URL=]
Click image to enlarge
[/URL]

This is me against them! They are huge.
Click image to enlarge

Genuine Kahn alloys have Kahn stamped on the spoke
[URL=]
Click image to enlarge
[/URL]
[URL=]
Click image to enlarge
[/URL]
[URL=]
Click image to enlarge
[/URL]

Wheel change time
Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

[URL=]
Click image to enlarge
[/URL]

Wheels fitted
Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

[URL=]
Click image to enlarge
[/URL]
RARE PICTURE IN THE SUN Laughing
[URL=]
Click image to enlarge
[/URL]

Admin note: this post has had its images recovered from a money grabbing photo hosting site and reinstated Mr. Green  MY14 Kahn Converted Dynamic - Fuji White Ebony/Pimento Interior
MY15 Xenon Headlight Conversion

MY17 RRS SVR - Estoril Blue Cirrus/Ebony 🪣💺’s

Post #312281 29th Nov 2016 3:15 pm
LR NUT

Ps

Welcome to the Forum cracking bunch on here Thumbs Up Get some good banter on here all in good faith!

Anything else just ask Thumbs Up

Cheers
Nut MY14 Kahn Converted Dynamic - Fuji White Ebony/Pimento Interior

Post #312283 29th Nov 2016 3:56 pm
acherone

United States 

Awesome Pictures. Thanks for the welcome, I am enjoying this forum . Also, thank you for providing that information. I am waiting to hear from Kahn with the details for which wheels will be a direct fit and how I can go about purchasing them. Unfortunately I do not have the body kit or trim if that is what you call it, so I have to play around with some photos. I imagine with 22" wheels it will make my car appear higher or make the wheels appear larger than yours since your trim brings your body lines down lower and adds dimension to all sides of your Rover. I love the trim, but I would like new sneakers first.

Post #312285 29th Nov 2016 4:16 pm
Cclr2

United Kingdom 2011 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Lux Auto Galway Green

Each to their own but I have to say, I think they look awful! Looks like a hotwheels toy car! FL2 HSE Lux 2011 SD4 Gallway Green.
Fiesta 2014 Ttanium x 1.0 ecoboost - Fantastic 125 bhp 1.0l 3 cylinder turbo!
1976 Triumph Spitfire. Owned for 25 years Fully restored, magazine features - not quite standard Wink
1985 Toyota MR2 MK1a. The oldest surviving example in the UK and one of only 5 left in 8B8 Blue

Post #312293 29th Nov 2016 6:42 pm
acherone

United States 

Everyone has the right to an opinion Shocked . I just think the Freelander and LR2 wheels look too small and they should have a 20" wheel from stock. The 19" wheels from stock look decent as well, but just decent. Hotwheels would be more like a 24" wheel and larger. Luckily they make wheels in all sizes so everyone is happy.

Post #312300 29th Nov 2016 8:53 pm
LR NUT

Cclr2 wrote:
Each to their own but I have to say, I think they look awful! Looks like a hotwheels toy car!

Opinions are like assholes...everyone has one... Wink MY14 Kahn Converted Dynamic - Fuji White Ebony/Pimento Interior

Post #312302 29th Nov 2016 9:36 pm
LR NUT

acherone wrote:
Awesome Pictures. Thanks for the welcome, I am enjoying this forum . Also, thank you for providing that information. I am waiting to hear from Kahn with the details for which wheels will be a direct fit and how I can go about purchasing them. Unfortunately I do not have the body kit or trim if that is what you call it, so I have to play around with some photos. I imagine with 22" wheels it will make my car appear higher or make the wheels appear larger than yours since your trim brings your body lines down lower and adds dimension to all sides of your Rover. I love the trim, but I would like new sneakers first.

Yes I think on mine with the styling pack (bodykit) the wheels do look around normal size. I think if you had my freelander in an LR showroom it could pass these wheels off as an optional upgrade.

Does your car have painted sills or black plastic? If it's black plastic lower trim I think they will look huge even bigger!

But it's your car so do as you please if you get 24's for it you can service it without an aid of the ramp! Imagine the savings you'll make in the long run Mr. Green MY14 Kahn Converted Dynamic - Fuji White Ebony/Pimento Interior

Post #312304 29th Nov 2016 9:44 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1