Forum-Gallery-Shop-Sponsors

« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > Maintenance & Modifications > Buying the correct Pagid Discs and pads for FL2 with EPB?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
AnthonyDi

United Kingdom 2013 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Lux Auto Orkney Grey
Buying the correct Pagid Discs and pads for FL2 with EPB?

Hi all,

I have had a bit of a search but couldn't find anything specific regards to ordering the right items.
I have just had a service done and was advised my discs on front and rear are worn and need replacing.

It looks like the best option is to buy the parts myself, it seems Pagid are rated highly here, however i am somewhat of a newbie to this so this might be a daft question, i thought id take advantage of ECP's end of month sale and think i found the right parts?

Click image to enlarge

I assume the pads come as sets so just ordered 1 of each of those.
And i think i've got the correct rear discs for use with the EPB? there is another rear disc which states its for manual hand brake (104670238), so I've made the assumption this one (104670248) must be for the electronic brake.

Not sure if there is anything else i should be adding to the basket to make the job complete?

Thanks in advance for any help Smile

-Anthony 

Post #326062 27th Jun 2017 5:44 pm
Yorky Bob

United Kingdom 2013 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Firenze Red

How many miles have the discs done ? Main agents and the likes of Qwik Ferret o a lot of marketing Rolling Eyes

Yes you need to get 2013 onwards EPB parts for rear if you have an EPB.

I would not be paying those prices pre coupon when the likes of Andrew Pages can knock em out much cheaper (not Pagid, you may need to haggle).

Get a quote off Dan at Duckworths a site sponsor. for genuine after market stuff. FL2 MY10 TD4 GS traded in at 2 years
FL2 MY13 TD4 GS Current

Post #326074 27th Jun 2017 8:32 pm
AnthonyDi

Hiya,

Sadly I don't know how many miles they've done, the car is at 71k miles and I got it just a few months ago at 59k.

I've been trying to search online for the right rear discs for electric parking brake but it doesn't seem to be obvious which ones I need Sad

The reason I have listed Pagid is it seems they are rated as one of the better brands ?

I had a look at ducksworth and can see they sell the lr discs and pads which are cheaper but not sure if their actually any good and will last ? 

Post #326077 27th Jun 2017 9:34 pm
Yorky Bob

United Kingdom 2013 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Firenze Red

OK we all want value for money. Duckworths will sell you land rover spec as they are LR dealers, it may even be Pagid but only land rover know that. If its really cheap its not going to last but even with LR gear 2013 rear pads are only good for circa 25K. 40 years ago you would get half that from pads so pay up with what you are happy with and get motoring as its every day standard running costs.

Hope you are fitting them yourself as most small traders will show you the door or load the labour to cover the loss on the usual mark up on supplying parts. FL2 MY10 TD4 GS traded in at 2 years
FL2 MY13 TD4 GS Current

Post #326079 27th Jun 2017 9:59 pm
westville

United Kingdom 2013 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Fuji White

I replaced MY13 rears (with EPB) last year heres a quote from my osts at that time

westville wrote:
Thanks Guys - just frustrated that I couldn't find the off the shelf answer I hoped for
You are right - too new and not enough experience out there yet. Could'nt claim on warranty - fair wear and tear. Not going for extended warranty so hence the DIY replacement. Pathfinder eh? Could grow on me ........... Rolling Eyes

Anyway I have finally sourced the correct parts I need - For the record here are the part numbers TO FIT CHASSIS NO DH000001 ONWARDS

Rear Disc LR Part Number LR039935 (BritPart No DA4688)

Rear Pads LR Part Number LR043285

The pre 2013 discs DO NOT FIT the later models with Electronic Parking Brake
NB EuroParts do not offer an equivalent part - their on-line part finder (and BREMBO's too) will point you to the wrong parts

Hope this helps someone else Thumbs Up
 No Longer the owner of a 2013MY Fuji White GS

"Fiat Lux" a philosophy not a car

Post #326084 27th Jun 2017 11:06 pm
AnthonyDi

Thanks guys for the information! lots to think about.
I was thinking of fitting myself, it doesnt look too difficult from a newbie's perspective.

Thanks for the alternative places to shop as well, it highlights how expensive ECP are Shocked

Ill report back when i get the work done Smile 

Post #326399 2nd Jul 2017 9:09 am
Northcroft

England 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Manual Zermatt Silver

is it not worth trying a punt on budget brake parts ? I hardly ever use the brakes so it wouldn't bother me Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter

Click image to enlarge

Last edited by Northcroft on 2nd Jul 2017 1:35 pm. Edited 1 time in total

Post #326401 2nd Jul 2017 10:21 am
westville

United Kingdom 2013 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Fuji White

AnthonyDi wrote:
Thanks guys for the information! lots to think about.
I was thinking of fitting myself, it doesnt look too difficult from a newbie's perspective.

Thanks for the alternative places to shop as well, it highlights how expensive ECP are Shocked

Ill report back when i get the work done Smile

ECP often offer a discount at weekends if you use their click and collect online system No Longer the owner of a 2013MY Fuji White GS

"Fiat Lux" a philosophy not a car

Post #326402 2nd Jul 2017 10:24 am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1