Home > Off Topic > New Discovery
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 14 of 23 <123 ... 131415 ... 212223>
Print this entire topic · 
Yorky Bob

United Kingdom 2013 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Firenze Red

Quote:
If I bought a D5 I would have to put a box in the boot for all my bits

If I bought one I have already lost my bits and will be ready to be put in a box. No, No, No. FL2 MY10 TD4 GS traded in at 2 years
FL2 MY13 TD4 GS Current

Post #329790 23rd Aug 2017 7:53 pm
Purplemadboy

Scotland 2014 Freelander 2 SD4 Metropolis LE Auto Firenze Red

Dan_NL wrote:
You mean : no hole to put the spare as well, or is that dangling under the car again?

It dangles under the car Rolling with laughter Do it now ! Your a long time dead !!

Post #329793 23rd Aug 2017 8:13 pm
AW14

United Kingdom 

Oh dear, not sure I like it at all. When I change my FL I might well be leaving LR for good. They are all getting far to blingy and costly. Rather spend my money on things that dont depreciate 20k in a couple of years

Post #329794 23rd Aug 2017 8:45 pm
LR NUT

Scotland 2014 Freelander 2 TD4_e Dynamic Manual Fuji White

If I was to get a D5 I would opt for the Dynamic pack the gloss back arches and sills along with bumpers help the car look more plush. The grey bumper regions look cheap like its parts from a KIA. MY14 Kahn Converted Dynamic - Fuji White Ebony/Pimento Interior
MY15 Xenon Headlight Conversion

MY17 RRS SVR - Estoril Blue Cirrus/Ebony 🪣💺’s

Post #329795 23rd Aug 2017 8:51 pm
j77

Scotland 

Purplemadboy wrote:
Took my car into the dealers yesterday and had a look around the D5 , it's growing on me , the showroom had an HSE, nice cabin , nice seats .. a very nice place to be.
I don't know about you guys but in and around my spare wheel I have a tow rope, an electric tyre pump and a few other bits and bobs, I asked the salesman where the storage was .. there isn't any .. how mental is that ? He gave the excuse that it's a 7 seater etc , I then pointed out that my old mk3 ford Galaxy was a 7 seater and that had 2 massive cubby holes under the floor in the middle row .
If I bought a D5 I would have to put a box in the boot for all my bits Big Cry

I've got, tow rope, torch, lightweight jacket and tyre compressor under my boot floor Confused . The space ain't big but you can squeeze a fair bit in. 21MY Defender 90 S 3.0 D200

Last edited by j77 on 23rd Aug 2017 9:39 pm. Edited 1 time in total

Post #329797 23rd Aug 2017 9:35 pm
j77

Scotland 

LR NUT wrote:
If I was to get a D5 I would opt for the Dynamic pack the gloss back arches and sills along with bumpers help the car look more plush. The grey bumper regions look cheap like its parts from a KIA.

No different to previous LRs. The D3 with black arches is how a LR should be, no body kits or colour coding. 21MY Defender 90 S 3.0 D200

Post #329798 23rd Aug 2017 9:37 pm
LR NUT

Well mark a plastic arch and it's impossible to repair. Mark a painted arch and it can be repaired. I just don't like the 2/3 colour shades of black and grey plastic on the D5. For a car well into Range Rover territory it's doesn't look very prestige. The D2 and FL1 suited the matt arches. The D3 didn't carry it off well IMO. The D4 coded was spot on a bit like the Metropolis D3 Wink

Off course we're all have different preferences. MY14 Kahn Converted Dynamic - Fuji White Ebony/Pimento Interior

Post #329800 23rd Aug 2017 10:12 pm
Purplemadboy

Scotland 2014 Freelander 2 SD4 Metropolis LE Auto Firenze Red

j77 wrote:
Purplemadboy wrote:
Took my car into the dealers yesterday and had a look around the D5 , it's growing on me , the showroom had an HSE, nice cabin , nice seats .. a very nice place to be.
I don't know about you guys but in and around my spare wheel I have a tow rope, an electric tyre pump and a few other bits and bobs, I asked the salesman where the storage was .. there isn't any .. how mental is that ? He gave the excuse that it's a 7 seater etc , I then pointed out that my old mk3 ford Galaxy was a 7 seater and that had 2 massive cubby holes under the floor in the middle row .

I've got, tow rope, torch, lightweight jacket and tyre compressor under my boot floor Confused . The space ain't big but you can squeeze a fair bit in.

Do you have a 7 seater ? The car I looked in didn't have any space under the floor of the 3rd row. Do it now ! Your a long time dead !!

Post #329805 24th Aug 2017 5:51 am
LR NUT

All UK spec D5's are 7 seaters. MY14 Kahn Converted Dynamic - Fuji White Ebony/Pimento Interior

Post #329806 24th Aug 2017 5:54 am
Smallmankey

Wales 2013 Freelander 2 SD4 XS Auto Mauritius Blue

LR NUT wrote:
Well mark a plastic arch and it's impossible to repair. Mark a painted arch and it can be repaired. I just don't like the 2/3 colour shades of black and grey plastic on the D5. For a car well into Range Rover territory it's doesn't look very prestige. The D2 and FL1 suited the matt arches. The D3 didn't carry it off well IMO. The D4 coded was spot on a bit like the Metropolis D3 Wink

Off course we're all have different preferences.

Agree with the last line 100% as personally I always preferred the look of the earlier D3s with the black arches over the later ones and the D4 with the body coloured.
From the D5 point of view the black detailing doesn't bother me, its the overall design I sadly have issues with Sad

Post #329807 24th Aug 2017 6:43 am
JulesK

Wales 2014 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Firenze Red

j77 wrote:
Perhaps this view is to your liking Laughing

Click image to enlarge

In my personal opinion.......... Hideous !!! but each to their own.

Dislike offset number plates and WHAT is that horrid grey lump at the bottom for? Laughing If it wasn't so bad it'd be funny.

🐑
Freelander 2 HSE auto 2014 ( Florrie ) ..... Try again.
Freelander 2 GS 2012...... Gone.

Post #329808 24th Aug 2017 6:56 am
j77

Scotland 

[quote="Purplemadboy"]

j77 wrote:
Purplemadboy wrote:

I've got, tow rope, torch, lightweight jacket and tyre compressor under my boot floor Confused . The space ain't big but you can squeeze a fair bit in.

Do you have a 7 seater ? The car I looked in didn't have any space under the floor of the 3rd row.[/]

There's a flap behind the 3rd row, which gives access to lower the spare wheel. 21MY Defender 90 S 3.0 D200

Post #329829 24th Aug 2017 12:25 pm
Tradewind 35

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Baltic Blue
Spare space

Hmmm, around my full size spare I have a first aid kit, torch, tow rope, tool kit, hi vis, bulb kit, warning triangle, change of nix and sox and so much extra that I can't remember what......
No doubt Premium Brand customers don't need such useless clobber.....

Post #329833 24th Aug 2017 3:09 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
j77

Scotland 

No we don't need to carry extra under garments Rolling Eyes I've yet to come across I time when I really wished I had them. Must be an age thing.

First aid kit in 3rd row cubby holes, though could fit it in.
All LED bulbs, a dealer job if one of those go
My lightweight jacket is Hi-Vis, though I have one of those as well
Warning triangle is under my boot (forgot about that)
Also have a boot tidy which I've always carried in all LRs with stuff I don't really need.

Though there is no spare wheel well in the disco as such as it's underneath the car. The D4 you could stuff things under the 3rd row seats but no need on this car as it has a cubby under the boot floor. 21MY Defender 90 S 3.0 D200

Post #329834 24th Aug 2017 3:39 pm
Yorky Bob

United Kingdom 2013 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Firenze Red

Wot NO Snow Shovel Thud FL2 MY10 TD4 GS traded in at 2 years
FL2 MY13 TD4 GS Current

Post #329835 24th Aug 2017 4:11 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 14 of 23 <123 ... 131415 ... 212223>