« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > In Car Electronics > Bluetooth and Samsung S5
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
chrispbacon30

United Kingdom 2010 Freelander 2 TD4_e GS Manual Stornoway Grey
Bluetooth and Samsung S5

I have just picked up a FL2 SD4 SE,14 plate to replace my 2010 GS. Great deal from Stratstone Newcatle excellent staff very helpful. Love it but can't seem to get the bluetooth working properly.
On my GS Samsung S5 paired and worked off all the steering wheel controls, worked with radio on or off, no problems.

My S5 paired with the SE, it appears to only work if the radio is turned on and the steering wheel controls don't work other than the accept or finish, red and green buttons. I am not able to scroll through the phone book or recently called list, although these are accessible through the controls on the radio panel.
I have unpaired phone, deleted it and tried again but just the same.
Any ideas welcome.

Post #308263 2nd Oct 2016 9:00 am
EYorkshire

Not sure if you the sat nav version or if it works the same if not. On mine with sat nav, if you do a long press on the green phone button (2-3 seconds) the phonebook list will appear on screen then using the side arrows buttons on the left of the wheel you can scroll through the list, once highlighted another quick press of the green phone button will make the call.

Post #308288 2nd Oct 2016 2:31 pm
Alan Lee

United Kingdom 2011 Freelander 2 SD4 Sport Auto Fuji White

Hi My huawei p6 is on the Land-rover website as a pair-able phone and it did pair with the build number land-rover listed but as soon as my phone updated its operating system the Bluetooth drops off and won't allow calls, when my dealer plugged it in to the diagnostics nothing was wrong and I am told there are different versions of Bluetooth too so one of the sales team tried his phone and it paired and worked perfectly so I guess there is differences with the phones too.
I would first try an alternative make and model of phone before looking at vehicle faults it may be that simple, Alan.

Post #308314 2nd Oct 2016 7:34 pm
chrispbacon30

United Kingdom 2010 Freelander 2 TD4_e GS Manual Stornoway Grey

Thanks EYorkshire, I don't have sat nav. Tried long press of green button but doesn't do anything other than answer incoming calls if radio is on. Have to have radio on for any connection at all.
Alan, thanks for that will try another phone tomorrow at work (my wife has same phone as me.

Post #308317 2nd Oct 2016 8:51 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1